The Lost Princess has been found

Misunderstanding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hawaii. May 2021.

Ji Hyo was woken up by Aera's kisses. "Wake up, Omma! Time for school. Let's go!" She was struggling to get up, not wanting to leave her bed. After reading Kwang Soo's text last night, she hardly got a good night's sleep. When she checked her phone, there were messages from Kwang Soo and even a few missed calls from him but she doesn't know what to say so she ignored him. "Okay baby. Omma will just change her clothes then I'll take you to daycare." 

When they were about to leave, she got a call from Jang Yoon-ju. She was her bestfriend in Hawaii. They met while doing the English class together and instantly clicked since they were both from South Korea. "Unnie, annyeong!" She happily answered the call. "Ji Hyo-ah, care to accompany me for some coffee today? I know you don't have work today since you took a leave of absence. I'll meet you at our usual spot, yeah?" Yoon-ju replied. "Sure unnie. Be there in twenty minutes. Just have to take Aera to her daycare then I'll meet you." Ji Hyo said, accepting the invitation. "Sure, take your time. I'll be waiting." 

After dropping of Aera in daycare, Ji Hyo went to the coffee shop she and Yoon-ju usually frequent. It was small and quiet and the coffee was good. "Hi Unnie! Sorry it took me a while to get here", Ji Hyo said apologetically. "It's okay, Ji Hyo-ah. I wasn't here long anyway. I also ordered your favorite Americano." Yoon-ju said while hugging Ji Hyo. "Thank you, Unnie! So, how are you? What have you been up to?" She asked her hoping for some juicy stories. Yoon-ju was still single much like her but her unnie was more on the wild side. "I hooked up with this young, hot guy last night but he was not that good in bed so I left him right away the moment I woke up." Yoon-ju shared. "Wow. Poor guy. Must have ruined his ego." That was all what Ji Hyo can manage to say. She felt bad for the guys that her friend leaves after having with them. She felt that she can relate to them. While she was lost in her thoughts, Yoon-ju asked her a question. "How was your meet up with Kwang Soo and Sun Bin? Did you have a good time?" Ji Hyo smiled. "Yes unnie. Aera and I had a good time. I missed them both so much. It was fun to hear stories about the people I also missed back home. Makes me want to go home suddenly", Ji Hyo said with a somber face. "Then go home, Ji Hyo-ah. I think it's about time you take Aera to our country. And I'm pretty sure her grandparents wants to see her too", Yoon-ju suggested. "I don't know unnie. As much as I miss my family back in Pohang and my friends too, I'm not sure if I'm ready to see him and have him meet our daughter." Ji Hyo was actually afraid of the consequences of her hiding Aera from Kim Jong Kook. What if he won't take responsibillty? What if he would deny being the father? There are so many questions and scenarios in her mind that the thought of having to face him causes goosebumps.

When Ji Hyo got home after having coffee with Yoon-ju, she decided to call her manager Sang Yeob.

"Ji Hyo-ssi, what an honor it is to hear your voice again after many months. I've missed you and baby Aera", he answered. "Good Morning, Sang Yeob-ah. Sorry I'm calling you this early. I know it's 6am over there." She immediately apologized. "It's okay, Ji Hyo-ssi. You know you're my favorite talent." "Aish. Don't be formal with me please. Anyway, how are you? How's your wife and kid?" She asked, Sang Yeob replied, "We're okay. Doing great actually. I've been busy with work so I've spent less time with them but I make up for that on days when I'm free. How about you? And Aera? When are you coming back? I'm guessing this call is about you finally returning home." He was quick-witted. "Actually Sang Yeob-ah. I'm not sure why I called you but to be honest, I was thinking of booking a flight home but I'm not sure whether I should book a return ticket or not. Should I go back there for good? Or should I continue my peaceful life here with Aera? Can you help me make a decision?" Ji Hyo asked him. Sang Yeob sighed. "I know you miss it here, Ji Hyo-ah. And they miss you too. If you ever decide to be back here for good, you know I can always help you with whatever you need. I can even help you with your comeback if you ever decide to end your hiatus. Besides, being here will be good for both you and

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter