The Mission: Bring those two together again

Misunderstanding
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SBS Recording Studio. Seoul, South Korea. June 14, 2021.

Jeon So Min was the first to arrive at the studio for the recording of Running Man. Yoo Jae Suk and Ji Suk Jin arrived next. Then came Kim Jong Kook, HaHa, Lee Kwang Soo and Yang Se Chan. As they were waiting for the production crew to finish setting up the studio, So Min opened up the topic about Ji Hyo's arrival in South Korea.

Facing Jae Suk, she said, "Oppa, did you read the articles? Ji Hyo unnie is here in South Korea. Should we call her and schedule a meet up? I really want to see her and tell her about the mean things you've been doing to me since she left."

"Ya! We didn't do any mean things to you. Stop saying things like that." Suk Jin was quick to react.

"Personally, I would really want to call Ji Hyo and ask her to meet us up. But I think it is still too early for that. She just arrived here and she might have some things to attend to before she's free to meet anyone." Yoo Jae Suk answered So Min.

"Well, we actually met up with her. Jong Kook hyung, HaHa hyung and I had pizza with her the day she arrived." Kwang Soo chimed in.

"Yaaa! Why didn't you call me? I would've loved to join you!" So Min complained.

"Me too, hyung! You should've called me. I was free that day." Se Chan also complained.

"Sorry, Se Chanie and So Minie. It was sudden. I didn't expect to see her that day but she called me and asked to meet up. I was with Jong Kook hyung and HaHa hyung that day so they were able to come with me. Don't worry. I'll ask Ji Hyo noona to have dinner with us three." 

"Ya! Why aren't we included?" Both Jae Suk and Suk Jin complained.

"Arasseo! Arasseo! I'll ask her to have dinner with all of us. Geez! It's still early and we even haven't started shooting yet and already you're all attacking me." Kwang Soo was already stressed out.

When they were about to start shooting, Kim Jong Kook stood beside Kwang Soo and asked him if he's free tonight. When Kwang Soo said that he was available, he invited him to his place for dinner.

"Don't decline my invitation, Kwang Soo-ya. Let's have dinner with Dong Hoon at my place. It's about time we talked about what happened."

Kwang Soo, who loves Jong Kook like a brother, accepted the invite.

 

Kim Jong Kook's place. South Korea. June 14, 2021.

Kwang Soo arrived at Jong Kook's house past 7pm. He wanted to be early but things were still a little awkward between them ever since they had a mini confrontation in Ji Hyo's place last Sunday. When he got there, HaHa and Jong Kook were almost done eating. Good thing that he had a heavy snack so he wasn't hungry at all.

"Ya, Kwang Soo-ya. Did you arrive late on purpose? Were you avoiding eating dinner with me?" Jong Kook asked him the moment he stepped foot in his house.

"No, hyung. Sun Bin and I had to make a quick stop at her agency to get some scripts for her upcoming drama and then we got stuck in traffic. You know I wouldn't miss having dinner with you and HaHa hyung." Kwang Soo quickly replied.

"Okay. Since we're all here, let's start this long overdue conversation with some beer and chicken." HaHa handed Kwang Soo and Jong Kook each a bottle of beer. "Now, what's this I heard from my mapogu sis that you two had a little heated conversation over the weekend? But before you answer me, let me just say this: I'm quite disappointed that both of you did that in her house. What if Aera was there to witness it? Didn't you both think of that? You're lucky she was out with her grandparents. Otherwise, you'd probably scar the poor baby." 

"We didn't mean for it to happen, Dong Hoon-ah. I just got carried away by the influx of revelation I found out that day. It won't happen again. Right, Kwang Soo-ya?" Kwang Soo nodded as his answer to Jong Kook.

"Okay. Now let's begin. Hyung, tell us what you wanted to really talk about."

Jong Kook started by telling Kwang Soo what he told HaHa three years ago. "Kwang Soo-ya, three years ago, something happened between Ji Hyo and I. We shared a really beautiful moment and I actually ruined it. I caused her pain

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter