When I Really Come Alive (2)

Shots at Love

Will Joohyun break the rules for Wendy or will the latter follow these for Joohyun?



 

~~~~~


 

It has been four school days since the whole escapade but Joohyun still didn't catch a glimpse of Wendy again. She's not sure what to make and feel out of this. Should she be frustrated? Should she be sad? Or perhaps happy? Since her life is back to normal again. Amidst all these unanswered questions, one thing is for sure, she wants to see the girl again. Joohyun isn't the type of person to mingle with other people aside from her circle of friends ever since. She was always reminded by her parents that keeping her friends small but real will do her really good. Having been raised in a prestigious family, anyone can take advantage of her. These words were instilled to her since she was a child. And she's adhering to all of these. Maybe it did do her good but she also knew how many obvious opportunities of a good friendship have been let go because of this kind of outlook. 


 

She can still remember Mina, her also quiet classmate during her freshman year. They have been getting along quite pretty well just by reading and sharing reviews about books together side by side under a specific tree during school breaks. But when her mother knew of this blossoming friendship, it was cut short and Joohyun was reprimanded not to be lenient on letting anyone in her life just like that. Bunch of people come and go after. It was not until during her senior year in high school that she became friends with Seulgi, Joy and Yeri. Their hardheaded, brilliant and carefree personalities made both of her parents to warm up towards the three of them. But Joohyun knew that them coming from wealthy and influential families also played a great part for their acceptance in Joohyun's life. 

 

This has been her life. 

 

Being grounded on her parents' perspectives. 

 

Circled on what her parents deemed to be the best for her. 

 

Anchored on how she should act based on their family's position in the society. 


 

Now that she has tasted a hint of what her normal life can never bring. It made her think about the actions she would take from this day onwards. 


 

But maybe, the answer was already displayed in front of her for the past few days. Not seeing the girl again is probably a sign for Joohyun to just forget about everything and cave in again to her monotonous life. Maybe it is just a one time thing. A tinge of sweetness and excitement to her predetermined life but will soon come to an end just like what usually happens. Hence, she doesn't feel the need to get caught up in fleeting feelings and events. 


 

Maybe if Wendy appeared on Monday, Tuesday or even yesterday, Joohyun would probably want to see her again and take her hand with little to no convincing. But now? 




 

All these should be put into halt. 


 

She should not be feeling this way. Maybe she got carried away by all the happenings that one reckless night. But she should not be anymore. 

 

She realized after much thinking the night before that with almost a futile probability of crossing paths again, because rationally if the latter really wants to see her again. She would have done it right away because her last words speak so much that she knew who Joohyun was all along. She's sure that she never mentioned her name that night, so what's stopping  Wendy from appearing in front of her? 


 

Her internal ramblings were cut off as a bunch of students with a ragged style of clothings suddenly entered her line of sight with one of them throwing a plastic can in front of her. The audacity of this man to litter around first thing in the morning. Being the student council's vice president she fumed in annoyance at the lack of acknowledgement from the group. 


 

Can't they see that they should be approved by her first to be able to enter?


 

Look at those hairstyles! 


 

Those laughs, it's as if they own the school. Classes are already on-going for pete's sake! 




 

This is actually the reason why she doesn't like it whenever the student council president is running an errand in the morning. Technically, the vice president will take over. By that, she'll encounter a bunch of hardheaded and ego-centric students who only came to school just to have fun. Not following the proper dress code, rudeness overflowing and even bringing alcohol drinks and cigarettes. 


 

She hates to be judgemental, but clearly this group is those bunch of students she just mentioned, and she hates them, it will not only tire her out to argue with them to maybe put some sense into their brains to change for the better. But since she's following the rules all her life. It always made her think why these people cannot do the same? If they just oblige to what is the norm, then the world would be more orderly and everyone will be happy since no one will irritate the hell out of them. 


But Wendy is just like them. Didn't you just admit that you enjoy being with her?  A nagging thought about the said girl came at the back of her mind for the nth time. She mentally shook her head to get rid of those but she just cannot! As usual.

 

 

Crazy in a good way or bad way?

 

It surely is the former, don't worry 


 

Aish! 



 

"Yah! " her frustrations must have shot up at her futile efforts to forget about the girl that made her shout like that. 


 

"The school ground is not some kind of garbage bin for you to litter around. Pick it up!" she reprimanded while pointing at the said object in the ground. Her voice is lace with utter annoyance. 



 

The bunch of delinquent students turned their heads towards her. The blonde one whose hair is put up like he is some kind of chicken, threw her a glare. Even biting his inner cheeks, a clear portrayal that he is annoyed too. Well, she's the one who should be annoyed. 


 

The boy laughed maliciously at her before answering, "Oh hey! Here comes the uptight vice president! How about you do your job properly and stop daydreaming about hot guys with abs and muscles first thing in the morning?" 


 

"I am clearly doing my job, that is why I am ordering you to pick that up. " she uttered sternly. 


 

"Really? You didn't even notice us entering. You should be thankful that I have thrown that away. It did get you out of your reverie." the latter smugly replied. 


 

With that being said, she can feel her nostrils flaring. It was heightened when his other friends laughed their hearts out at the remark. 


 

"Stop daydreaming about hot boys, Joohyun-ssi. You don't stand a chance at them anyway, you are too uptight for their liking." the boy continued before turning his back against her. 


 

Her anger cannot be contained anymore. She immediately pick up the can and was going to throw it towards the rude, assuming, jerk, stupid, delinquent, ego-centric (Joohyun can go on with cursing the latter for a whole damn hour) student to get back at him when one of his friends stopped on her tracks and faced her, which halted all her movements. A familiar face welcomed her and she can feel how her breath got up out of her lungs just by seeing that face again.



 

Wendy? 


 

Wendy. 



 

So much for not wanting to do anything with this person. Where is that determination to forget her? 






How come I didn't notice her a while ago? 

 

Of course, you are busy arguing. 


 

Their eyes meet, and Joohyun can sense the mischief that lies behind those orbs while the latter is taking a few strides towards her. She stayed rooted in her place, calculating the girl's movements. But surely, her not moving an inch is also due to shock and an unknown feeling at the pit of her stomach from being within the presence of the said girl again. 



 

As the girl raised her hand, Joohyun immediately closed her eyes. Assuming that she must have upset Wendy with her actions towards her friend a while ago. An impending slap must be coming any second now and she's praying to whoever is up there to not be humiliated for the second time. 


 

But a warm hand enclosed on her still halted hand that is holding the can,which is supposed to be hitting the back of that rude jerk's head by now. Wendy then got rid of the object out of her grasp but instead of pulling her hand back. She held Joohyun's hand and even gave it a few soft squeezes. She opened her eyes hastily and was met with a warm smile from the latter. Just like what she has usually let out when they were dancing that night. 




 

"Relax, it is still too early for you to get this worked up, beautiful. I'll talk some sense to Chanyeol." Familiar surge of emotions ran through her veins at the soft voice of the latter and the nickname that never failed to make her shy. How she talks to Joohyun is truly a great contrast to what Wendy tries to portray with her look. If she hadn't known, she would probably really think that the girl has a split personality. 



 

"See you at lunch." 




 

With that, the warmth vanished as the girl immediately turned around, not even giving Joohyun a chance to say anything. 






 

"Ah, before I forgot. Were you really daydreaming about hot guys a while ago?" Wendy raised her brow towards the latter, her tone accusing instead of asking. 



 

"No! Of course not! Why would I? I was thinking about you!" she rambled hastily not even thinking of the words to be let out anymore. Hence, the truth that should be hidden was blurted out. 



 


 

She mentally facepalmed at the slip of her tongue. Clearly, Wendy didn't expect it either. is somehow hanging open at the blunt confession. 



 

"I m-mean, I was thinking about your motorcycle! Y-yeah, your motorcycle. I am planning to give my Dad that particular model. It's really f-fast and… and ---" 



 

"So you were thinking about me?" 


 

"I s-said that it's your motorcycle that I am thinking about!" her voice went a little higher, trying to prove her lie. Wendy let out a low chuckle at the clearly flustered girl. 



 

The playful girl nodded fakely at her, clearly not convinced.


 

"If you say so… I am glad you are not thinking about hot guys, Joohyun-ssi." 


 

"You can always think about my motorcycle..." Here comes the smug smile again, Joohyun noticed. A signal of an incoming teasing and greasy remark.


 

"Or probably the owner too." she uttered in a mocking way and ended it with a wink.




 

See? She wasn't wrong. 



 

If there's a hole that can swallow Joohyun, that instant she would gladly jump at it. This whole situation is just so embarrassing for her. 



 

She was about to retaliate when, "Seungwan! " Chanyeol called ushering her towards them. Wendy turned towards her friends. 








 

"I gotta go, beautiful. See you around." 




 

Seungwan? 




 

Why do every time the girl walks away from her, it will always leave her hanging? 





 

~~~~~ 



 

As the familiar ringing that signals the start of lunch blared throughout the school. Their professor stopped her lecture and gave out a few reminders before dismissing them. Joohyun was busy arranging her things when a bunch of murmurs were heard around her. Usually her classmates would be out by now so she's somehow wondering what is with the ruckus. But then she's really hungry and meddling into anyone's business isn't her nature to begin with much more if all she wants to do is to get to the cafeteria that instant. 



 

With her curiosity bubbling inside her and taking over, a few seconds of checking what is the matter wouldn't hurt her, right? She then looked up and was met with a sight of Wendy walking towards her. Now, she understood. Surely, everyone will wonder what a sophomore will do in the seniors' wing. 


 

Joohyun also took notice of the students' efforts to clear her way. Their hasty movements portrayed that they are afraid of the latter's presence. Joohyun can only sigh at the girl's obvious bad reputation. 


 

"Why is Wendy here?" 



 

"Isn't she the one who broke that one senior's nose because he stole her girl away?" 


 

A bunch of not so nice murmurs followed suit, which made Joohyun to grimace because of the things that this girl has done and could possibly do. A realization hit her afterwards, Wendy's really no good for an uptight girl like her. Their personalities are polar opposites. Wendy is the type to break rules and she's the type to follow them. Clearly, oil and water cannot, will not and should not be mixed together. 


 

She took a few steps back when the girl continued to walk towards her. The action didn't go unnoticed to Wendy. She masked her curiosity and hurt with a smile as she finally stood in front of Joohyun, who was surely nervous with their close proximity. 


 

Wendy doesn't know if it's about her presence or because of all these nasty rumors. She was kind of hoping that the latter wouldn't be swayed by these accusations. Although, most of them were true. For the record, she really punched that bastard's nose. But, Sejeong is not her girl but one of her close friends. Of course it will infuriate her when her friend suddenly ran towards her, saying that she was harassed by that senior. A punchless talk cannot be done as the bastard's face is a clear portrayal of having a erted behavior. He even has the guts to even think of hitting on her as she tried to know the truth about her friend's accusations. Knowing full well of this kind of people, surely, a punch is just a speck of punishment to all the nasty actions committed by the latter. 



 

"Let's do one of your another first, beautiful. Let's have lunch together." With that being said, the girl stretched out her right hand for Joohyun to take. Although, it somehow warmed her heart that the girl is giving her a choice to go with her or not, she has promised herself to put a halt on all the things that will entangle her with the latter. Wendy has somehow proved to her already that she's a good person behind her strong and delinquent facade, that she cannot deny. But she still smells trouble for Joohyun.  


 

When a few seconds passed and still Joohyun didn't take her hand, she dropped her hand on her side. 


 

So much for being good. Wendy scoffed. If it will take Wendy a few bad tactics to let the girl let loose then so be it. 





 

"You go with me or I'll kiss you again in front of these students? Your choice." she whispered. Joohyun stared at her with bewilderment evident on her features. Clearly taken aback at the clear display of blackmailing. She glared at the latter, immediately regretting that she even said that Wendy is good just a few seconds ago. She's evil! Joohyun exclaimed mentally. 



 

"If you think that you can convince me---" she immediately stopped her sentence to back away when the girl took another few steps towards her while eyeing her intently. Her eyes scream playfulness. 



 

Uh oh. 



 

"Are they going to kiss?" 


 

"What is Wendy going to do Joohyun?" 



 

"Are they a couple?" 


 

"I never thought even once that they'll be close." 




 

Murmurs reverberated again to the still atmosphere. Joohyun wants to shout that their ideas are utterly ridiculous but then she still needs to deal with Wendy and her blackmailing first. 



 

"I already miss your lips on mi---" Sensing her next words, Joohyun immediately clasped her hand  towards the latter's mouth, preventing her from finishing her sentence. 



 

"Fine. Just shut up." she threateningly uttered with a glare as she hastily pulled Wendy out of everyone's curious stares. 



 

Wendy can only let out a few chuckles as Joohyun dragged her away. She's really enjoying this. 




 

~~~~~


 

"Thank God we're not riding your motorcycle." Joohyun mumbled as she settled on the passenger seat of Wendy's black Audi. 



 

"I thought you liked it?" Wendy uttered teasingly as she started the car. But soon stopped as Joohyun didn't still attach her seatbelt. 



 

"Attach your seatbelt yourself or we will be caught in a cliche situation." She's greasy. Yes. But she loathes that seatbelt scene in every drama. Can't the writers think of other scenes to write than that cliche one? 



 

Joohyun on the other hand, abruptly obliged after registering the girl's words. She may be here with the latter but she's still clearly annoyed at her. Hence, any greasy situation may spoil her mood more. 


 

"I thought you like my motorcycle, Joohyun-ssi? To the point of thinking about it early in the morning." Oh, so she's not going to drop this teasing? Even emphasizing the word 'motorcycle'. 



 

"I do like your motorcycle, Wendy-ssi. But surely not to the point of riding it under this scorching sun." she replied back with the same tone. 


 

Wendy just nodded at her reply, agreeing. And she started to maneuver the car out of the school's parking lot. 


 

Unbeknownst to Joohyun, it is not impossible for them to ride Wendy's motorcycle since it is the vehicle that the girl rode on her way to school. But after promising to the senior to have lunch together, she bargained for Sehun (his other friend) to let her borrow his car considering the sunny weather and the fact that Joohyun is wearing a skirt that day. 


 

"Where are we going to eat?" Joohyun asked after sensing that Wendy isn't even planning on telling her anything the whole car ride. 


 

"Have you tried Filipino cuisine?" Seungwan asked. 


 

Joohyun shook her head at the question, she's familiar with the Philippines but a chance of tasting their delicacies is out of her hand not until now. With that Seungwan beamed at her, "Good. It's your another first." 

 

(A/N: Your author is a Filipina hehe. And I guess this will be a good first for someone.) 


 

Seungwan having Filipino friends actually paved the way for her to know more about their culture. Whenever one of her friends is homesick and will want to have a taste of their home country's food. Sometimes they will invite Seungwan out. And she honestly fell in love with their food. She cannot wait for Joohyun to try some. For her another first, courtesy of her. 



 

~~~~~ 

 

"This is pancit, adobo and sinigang." Wendy introduced the food she ordered to the curious girl in front of her. 

 

Joohyun was waiting for the girl to continue talking, probably introducing the food to her. But she was let down when the latter just smiled sheepishly at her. 


 

"Just taste them, I am not an expert in describing all these so just help yourself. What I can assure you is that these three are really good. These are my favorites." Wendy's excited self made some of her inhibitions go away and soon enough she found herself laughing at the latter's silly and corny jokes as they munch their food away. It's not bad, the experience of trying these delicacies is actually really good, Wendy was right. 


 

"I cannot wait to bring Seulgi here." she uttered with a smile on her face. But soon turned into worry as she realized something. Immediately cursing herself. She forgot to inform them of her whereabouts. On the other end, Wendy's lips twitch and her brows frown at the familiar name. She immediately masked it and looked at the latter who's now nervous. 


 

Joohyun heaved a few sighs. Truthfully, a few missed calls can be seen as soon as she pulls her phone out of her handbag. An impending ear shattering scolding is surely coming her way. 


 

She then immediately texted Seulgi, telling her that she ate with one of her highschool friends outside of school. Joohyun cannot help but to lie, knowing her friends' protective nature towards her. Surely, if they knew, they would immediately go here and drag her out of the other girl's presence. 


 

The girl replied with an 'okay' and a reminder to just let them know before-hand so that they wouldn't worry.  


 

 

 


 

"How was it?" Wendy uttered as they exited the Filipino restaurant. 


 

Joohyun smiled at her widely while caressing her full tummy before answering, "It was really good, thank you." 


 

"By the way, who is Seulgi?" Joohyun squinted her eyes at the random question. 



 

"Only if you don't mind me asking, you have mentioned her two times already." Wendy continued while scratching the back of her neck. 



 

"She's my friend. My really close friend. Why?" Wendy just shrugged at her and soon proceeded to open the car. Joohyun scoffed at the not-gentlewoman move. She didn't even open the door for her. 



 

Wendy looked at her weirdly when she slammed the door a little too hard. She doesn't even know as to why she's getting worked up right now. So is the now-driving girl. Wendy's thoughts drifted to how the girl smiled at the mention of her close friend, her really close friend. Her grip on the steering wheel tightened unconsciously. 







 

"Aaaaaah!" Wendy's driving was put into a halt as Joohyun suddenly shouted, clearly surprised at the without a warning outburst. 


 

"Are you crazy?! We can get into an accident! " she reprimanded. Joohyun just stared at her, with mouth wide open as if she just realized something important or she has done something that shouldn't be done. 




 

"Yah! I'm twenty minutes late already!" a wince can be heard as she slapped Wendy's shoulder. 



 

"Much better." the girl replied, small smile adorning her lips as she continued to drive. 



 

"W-what do you mean by that?!" 


 

But her whining fell into deaf ears. 



 

"Do you have a quiz this afternoon?" 


 

Joohyun shook her head. 


 

"Report?" 


 

She shook her head again. 


 

"Oral recitation?" 


 

Another no. 


 

"Only discussion?" 



 

She nodded at her this time. As she can remember, her schedule for the rest of the day isn't that hectic. Just a bunch of discussions since they have their quiz day the other day. 



 

"Good. Let's skip class and do your another first." Wendy uttered, driving past their school. 




 

"You can't just do these things unannounced, Wendy." she uttered seriously and frustration cannot be hidden in the way that sentence rolled out her tongue. 




 

"I can Joohyun-ssi. Remember our deal? I am helping you to feel things."



 

"To let loose for a while." 



 

"To experience excitement in life. That's what you want right?" 


 

"Yes, but not when I am breaking my rules. I can't skip classes, Wendy." She reiterated, hoping that the girl would listen to her. 


 

"You can't enjoy life, beautiful. If you aren't breaking any rules." the delinquent replied  as she sped up. 



 

That one line shut her up. So that's the reason why her life is monotonous all these time? Because she's not breaking any rules? 


 

Joohyun just stared outside after that, clearly defeated. She's already late  anyway and there's no use in convincing Wendy. Their escapades together is proof that the latter wouldn't take 'no' as an answer. 



 

Wendy stopped by in front of an arcade shop. Joohyun winced at the sight of students that were clearly cutting classes too. As soon as they entered the shop, Wendy pulled out a hundred thousand won and exchanged it for tokens on the counter. The girl then dragged her towards a racing game. Sensing that it's better to just enjoy than sulk, Joohyun found herself playing the game together with the girl for a few rounds. Squealing from time to time when her car will bump on something or when Wendy surpasses her rank. 


 

They tried the basketball, shooting and tekken ones before Wendy challenged her to play Dance Revolution. She smirked at the girl, Joohyun isn't a member of the school's dance club for nothing. 


 

"How about let's spice things up, Wen?" Joohyun started as she rolled her sleeves, readying herself for the battle. Wendy on the other hand felt like a blush creep on her cheeks at the latter's nickname for her and to the way she looks so cool being this competitive. 



 

"If I win you'll follow some rules that I will tell you…" Joohyun then trailed off, passing the opportunity for Seungwan to make up her condition if she wins. 


 

"You'll break some rules if I win." Wendy finished confidently. Her group of friends usually play this game and she mostly won. No way in hell Joohyun will beat her up in this. 


 

Their battle started, both are too focused on recreating the moves that were displayed on the screen. They were halfway to the game when Wendy groaned in annoyance at a few mistakes. Her opponent just chuckled at her frustration, already doing a mental celebration at her obvious win. 



 

After a minute, it was Joohyun's turn to get frustrated as she skipped some moves. Due to their competitiveness, they aren't even aware that they are already catching the attention of some onlookers. Some were already cheering at the intense battle. 


 

They were already huffing at the last minute. Joohyun is at an advantage with just a few points. Upon sensing her defeat coming, Wendy immediately thinks of a way to still win. An opportunity came up when the next moves required for them to face each other. She smirked internally at the great timing. 




 

So when they were facing each other, while executing the right moves, Wendy suddenly pulled Joohyun closer to her. The action earned her a few gasps from the spectators including her opponent. Who's clearly shocked at the sudden action. Wendy just stared at her while smiling and soon proceeded to copy the next moves, leaving Joohyun in a trance. Clearly distracted, With that, Wendy obviously won. 




 

"Yah!" Joohyun exclaimed as she pushed the latter, clearly annoyed at the cheating tactic. The girl just winked at her as she dragged her away from the game, letting the next players to have their turn. 



 

Glares at her back can be sensed, and surely when she turns around. The girl is shooting daggers at her, she let out a loud chuckle at the latter's sulking face. The sight truly amused her that even if Joohyun is continuously slapping her shoulders to stop her from laughing, she just cannot. 



 

Wendy only stopped when the girl stomped her foot and exited the shop. She sees Joohyun entering the car with a clearly loud bang. She grimaced at the thought of getting scolded by Sehun if ever his Audi will be damaged. Instead of worrying about that, she still has to woo a sulking girl. Grinning while shaking her head, Wendy proceeds to the counter, spotting what could be a peace offering. 







 

"Can't I just buy the stuffed toy?" Wendy bargained at the boy, still eyeing the purple bear at one of the shelves. She noticed Joohyun smiling while staring at the item first thing upon entering the shop. 




 

"I'm so sorry, Miss. But tickets are required to have that. And the amount you have accumulated isn't enough." The boy apologized. 


 

"But I just nee---"



 

"Give her that, Chan" a woman's voice can be heard. When Wendy looked at her back, a blonde woman probably in her mid-twenties wearing a kind smile entered her line of sight. 



 

"Ms. Kim. " the boy at the counter greeted as he bowed slightly. 



 

"You can have that. Your girlfriend must be upset with your cheating during the game." Upon hearing the older woman's teasing remark, she sheepishly smiled while scratching the back of her neck. Clearly flustered at the probable eyes that have witnessed how she cheated her way to win the game. Embarrassment now creeping on her insides. 




 

Having the purple stuffed toy in her hands, she smiled widely at Taeyeon (the name she introduced herself) while muttering a bunch of thank you. The older woman dismissed her playfully, stating that her girlfriend will be more annoyed at her if she will not come back that instant. She was going to retaliate and deny that Joohyun isn't her girlfriend, when the idea isn't that bad to begin with. An unconscious smile was plastered on her face all throughout her way towards Sehun's car. 



 

Settled, she looked at Joohyun and the sight made her chuckle again. Surely, a sulking Joohyun is a cute Joohyun. 






 

"One last laugh and I'll never talk to you again." the girl threatened while still not looking at her. 




 

She didn't laugh again after the threat but why was the girl still not talking to her? 


 

Throughout the car ride, the two didn't even utter a single word.

 

 

Joohyun was on her way out of the car when Wendy remembered the stuffed toy. She put the item on the backseat, planning to surprise the girl. 



 

"Here." Joohyun eyed her suspiciously, she sure was far from being amused. Wendy unconsciously gulped. 



 

"What?" 


 

"Isn't it obvious that it's for you?" 


 

Uh oh. Wrong choice of words. 



 

"I mean… uhhh… hmmm… " 



 

"Peace offering?" She smiled shyly. She was only going to give it and afterwards drive off. Leaving all the thinking to Joohyun as to why she gives her the plushie. 



 

So much for being discreet. Wendy scolded herself. 



 

For some unknown reason, Joohyun's glare intensified. 





 

"You're seriously giving me a thing from the woman you just flirted with?!" 


 

Flirting with??? 



 

Woman???



 

Wait.



 

"Are you jealous?" Wendy finally uttered after connecting everything. 



 

"Why would I? It's not as if I like you?" Joohyun defended albeit her tone too defensive. 


 

Ouch. 



 

"But I like you." Wendy suddenly blurted out which left the two of them to gasp at the sudden confession. 



 

It was easy for her to make it as a joke. But it's too late to back away now. Wendy thought. Since she was a freshman, the senior already caught her eyes. Now that she has finally the chance to shoot her shot. She will never let this slip away. 



 

"I would appreciate it if you would feel jealous, Joohyun-ah." the girl uttered while giving her a genuine smile and a sincere look before fixing her eyes in front of her. The latter being dumbfounded, hastily went out of the car, clearly doesn't know what to say or even act at the situation. 





 

The uptight girl clutched on her fast beating heart when Wendy finally drove off after dropping the bomb casually. After confirming the girl's feelings towards her. The way her heart beats erratically now cannot be compared to when they kissed. Back then, she wasn't sure what to make of the situation. Now that it's all been laid out in front of her. The effect of the girl towards her skyrocketed. 



 

Looking at the purple stuffed toy, she let out a sigh as a familiar pattern happened again. 

 

 

Wendy left her hanging for the nth time. 





 

~~~~~


 

Friday and the weekend passed by and Joohyun is still out of her mind. Ever since Wendy's confession, she's gauging her feelings for the latter. 


 

Do I like her too?

 

Am I willing to take the risk if my answer to that is yes? 

 

Am I willing to break the rules with her? 

 

 

 

 


 

When Monday came, Joohyun spotted the girl at the cafeteria with her friends. She was astonished upon taking notice of the girl's appearance. No eyeshadows, multiple piercings and is now following the proper dress code. 




 

Wendy must have sensed her stares and soon diverted her gaze to where she's standing. The girl abruptly bid goodbye to her friends and walked towards Joohyun. A blush slowly formed on both her cheeks as one particular scene replayed on her mind. 

 

 



"But I like you. " 

 


 

"I have followed a rule." Wendy pointed the obvious as she twirled in front of her. Emphasizing her appearance. 



 

"Now, let's break some." 




 

That one afternoon, they broke into the school's rooftop to have their lunch. Which is clearly prohibited. 

 



~
 

 

A few days later, Joohyun finds themselves faking sickness on their last period for an early dismissal. Only to just drive away for a few hours on Wendy's motorcycle, relishing the spring breeze. 




 

~

 

"Joohyun-ah, where the hell are you?! Your mom called me asking for you. I have to lie to her that we're together." Seulgi's nagging voice welcomed her as soon as she picked up her phone. 


 

"I'm at the library with a classmate, Seul. Don't worry, I'll text mom." 


 

This time, they are doing a good escapade as they go to the city library to study for their midterm exams. 


 

But then, she shouldn't expect for Wendy to do the right things for the whole day, right? Not when she's eating a pack of Cheetos on her side as she reads her reviewer. A blaring sign of 'Eating is prohibited' is in front of the two of them. 




 

Joohyun can only shake her head at the latter's disobedience. Surely, she's not Wendy if she's following every rule. 



 

~~~~~


 

"You are too slow, Seungwan-ah." Chanyeol stated as he encouraged the girl to go higher than the required speed limit. 


 

 

"Follow traffic signs and rules, Wendy.  I don't want to die ind your hands. "


 

"I'm enjoying the breeze, Yeol." She lied. Ever since that one time Joohyun reprimanded her about her tendency while driving, she always found herself adhering to the request, even if she's not with the girl.  




~
 

She heaved out a sigh as she picked up Chanyeol's garbage and threw it to the nearest trash bin. Being reminded of her friend's and Joohyun's argument about littering around. 




 

Taking notice of the clear highway, she was going to cross the street when she realized that the stop light at that particular intersection isn't on the red light. She then takes a few steps back and awaits for the light to hit that particular color before crossing the street. 


 

~~~~~ 


 

The challenge during the game turned into changes in behavior. Actions that aren't normal for them, but now slowly being lived out. Surprisingly. Although this particular effect on one another is still unknown to the both of them. 


 

~~~~~ 


 

"Let's go." Wendy stretched out her hand for Joohyun to take after sensing the time. It's past half an hour since the sun sets at the horizon. 


 

Instead of taking her hand, Joohyun pulled the latter back again on the bench, the same one they were in during the night they first interacted. 

"What would you do if I don't want to break the rules with you anymore?" 




 

"I'll kiss you again." Wendy teasingly said, remembering her blackmailing back then. 


 

With that, the girl looked at her seriously which halted her playfulness. 



 

"Then, I don't want to break rules with you anymore, Wendy." 



 

"What? Why? What do you mean by that?" Wendy asked away, panic evident on her features. She tried to think of anything that might have upset the girl but then they were surely okay a few moments ago. 


 

"Joohyun, if it's about skipping classes.  Then let's go out after class." 



 

"If it's about---" 













 

"Just kiss me, Wendy." Finally, realizing what the latter meant with her words. She cannot help the smile to break free as she slowly leaned towards Joohyun's awaiting lips. 




 

Wendy is more than willing to oblige and Joohyun is more than willing to reciprocate. Feelings finally aligned after a confusing yet exciting turn of events. 








 

A little change in their lifestyles isn't that bad of an idea. Not when being in each others' presence is when they really feel alive. 


 

Joohyun having an escape in her monotonous life. 


 

Seungwan taking a rest on her exciting and rule-free life. 



 

If this is what feeling alive meant, then breaking and/or following the rules are the steps that they are more than willing to take just to be together and finally feel what life can possibly bring to the both of them. 





 

Together. 






 

The end. 




 

~~~~~

 

A/N: Thanks for reading this chapter! I hope I didn't disappoint you with how this story went. I was so driven on finishing this as soon as possible before my motivation slip away again since my classes will start again next week. Being a college student is sometimes a pain in the . With little to no break. Anyways, I hope this chapter doesn't seem rushed. 


 

Any feedback about my writing is highly appreciated, good or bad. Also, please do know that even if I don't reply to your comments. I am reading those. Your comments are actually the reason why I keep on writing. I do appreciate reading them. Thank you so so so much ♡ Until my next update :) stay safe y'all.