Me Like Yuh..

Running Into You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Skye:

 

"Oh my gosh I am going to be late!!"

I glance at all the cars all backed up on the freeway and I want to scream!

I look at my watch it says 3:30 am! My plane leaves at 6 am and we are still more than an hour away!

I left my house at 2:15 and thought I'd have plenty of time to spare.

I am almost about punctuality so I left way ahead of time.

I look at my Uber driver John and sigh.

"I am so sorry I didn't expect there to be traffic on the road like this."

"Me neither it's Thursday for goodness sakes!"

But it is a holiday weekend maybe that's the reason?" He questions.

"Maybe but it is still 3:30 in the morning I thought the roads would be somewhat clear we are at a stop."

I say a silent prayer that God will remove all things blocking my path literally and figuratively.

I sigh and lean back into my seat, there is no use getting all bent out of shape about something I can't do anything about.

I reach into my purse and grab my phone and headphones.

I look at my playlists on Spotify.

I scroll down until I find the one I am looking for.

I slip in my earbuds and let the voice of Jay Park calm me down.

I look out the window at the sky.

I wonder if I will see him while in Korea? I think to myself and giggle.

Yes I know Seoul is a big place and the chances of me running into him on the street are slim to zilch but hey a girl can dream right?

I didn't even know I had fallen asleep until John wakes me up.

"Were here hun." He says unbuckling his belt getting out and walking to the trunk.

I look at my watch and it's 4:55 am!!! "We made it! Yay!!" I scream.

I grab my purse and crossover and jump out to join him.

"See we got here with time to spare huh?" He asks.

"Yes and thank you so much!"

He pulls my suitcase into the main entrance of the airport.

I reach into my bag and pull out my wallet.

I grab a crisp $20 bill and hand it to him.

"Thank you so much for getting me here safely I appreciate you so much!"

"No problem hun I am just glad we made it on time." He smiles.

"Me too to say I am excited is a huge understatement."

"I'll bet, here is my card give me a call when you get back in town and I will come and pick you up ok."

I grab the card and slip it into my wallet.

"Will do and thank you again drive safely and have a great rest of your day."

He waves and heads out to his car.

I reach in my purse and pull out my ticket to see where my gate is.

I look around and see that I am only a few feet away from my gate!

Yes!! Whomever said that God don't answer payers is a whole lie and the truth ain't in em mmkay!!!

I double check for my driver's license, passport, phone, chargers and headphones.

Man I gotta pee! Let me go get checked in and find the restroom! I grab my luggage and pull it to my gate.

Dang this thing is heavy! I get the counter and check in. The clerk is so pretty she looks like a doll for real.

She hands me back my passport and ticket and I place them in my purse.

I sit my suitcase on the scale and I just know that it is over the weight limit so I pull out my credit card prepared to pay.

I look at he scale and as predicted I am over by 25 pounds! Yikes I know instantly it's the 4 pairs of wedge heels I packed!

I know what ya'll are thinking but I had to bring them.

I want to be as cute as possible every day I am walking around in Seoul.

I got my nails, feet and hair done yesterday so everything will be fresh up to the last  minute.

Now I am not a vain woman I just know I am good looking.

I am a very curvaceous size 10/12 and sometimes 12/14 depending on what I have been eating.

I came to realize a long time ago that I wil never be "skinny".

I have accepted my body in all it's current size 12 glory.

I have a flat tummy, big lips and thighs that touch each other because they are in love! Ha! I love every inch of myself to death.

With the right spirit though I am no where near stuck on myself.

"Ma'am unfortunately you are over the weight limit for your luggage."

"Yeah I know I can pay for it no problem."

"Oh ok let me see that will be..

"Oh I am sorry my system just went out."

She fumbles with her computer for another 10 minutes or so and I want to tell her to hurry up because my bladder is about to burst!

"You know what Ms. Eden I am going to wave your fee this one time for the incovience."

Wayment...

"Word?" I ask completely shocked because these airlines don't be playing about their money.

"Yes ma'am you are all checked in so it's all good. Enjoy your flight and your stay in Seoul."

She smiles beautifully and I thank her again.

Hey who am I to question a gift.

"I appreciate you, excuse me where is the bathroom?"

"Oh it is over there and to the right." She points down the corrider and I see the sign.

"Thank you dear have a good rest of your day."

I rush down the hall headed to the bathroom.

As I am walking my text alert goes off.

I pull out my phone and see I have 2 messages one from my mom and dad and the other from my roomate Nedra.

I read the one from my parents and quickly respond.

I read Nedra's and burst out laughing. That girl is throwed all the way off but I love that knuckle head to death.

I turn the corner heading to the bathroom with my head down and run into something hard.

"Whoa!"  A man says.

I land smack dab on my behind my phone goes flying to only God knows where and I thank Jesus on the spot that I didn't pee on myself when I hit the floor.

I mean I am embarrassed enough I don't need to be thought of as being that pissy woman in the airport.

I look up and I want to die on the spot! Just open the ground and bury me right now!

Standing over me with a concerned look on his face is non other thank Jay Freaking Park!

What the what???

"Are you ok?'' He asks helping me to my feet.

Even with my caramel complexion I know my cheeks are fire red right now!

I am so mortified I will not be walking and texting ever again in life!

"No um I mean yes I am fine, more embarrassed than anything else but my ego will survive I guess."

He chuckles adorably and I literally swoon.

Girl get a hold of yourself!

I am dumfounded, perplexed and befuddled..

What the what?

He reaches down and picks up my phone and hands it back to me.

I somehow manage to speak.

"Thank you so much, I am so sorry I wasn't paying attention to where I was going."

"So I gathered." He smirks so cutely my mouth goes dry.

I smile nervously and move to the side so he can get by.

"Are you okay? You didn't hurt yourself when you fell did you?

"If pride counts then yeah but physically I am fine." I smile sheepishly.

He burst out laughing and nods.

"Yeah you fell pretty hard huh?" It is a good thing I was here to help you up huh?" He smiles so adorably I go temporaily mute.

"Uh huh." I stammer. I shake my head out of the fog and step back.

"Well this is not at all how I envisioned meeting you but I can't say I regret it."

"Oh you actually know who I am?" He asks shocked.

Now it's my turn to be shocked.

"Of course I'd recognize you anywhere." Shoot girl shut up! I quickly look away and then back at him.

He is smiling hugely and I feel light headed and my stomach starts swirling.

"Well that is good to know." Hey I won't keep you it looked like you were in a hurry."

Oh yeah I did have to urinate.

"Yes well it was a pleasure to meet you and if I didn't have to pee so bad I would ask for your photo."

He bursts out laughing again and shakes his head.

"Hey when the call of nature comes you have to answer

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter