School Gym Clothes

unmyeong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After the fiasco in the cafeteria and how Mina found out about her real existence in their high school, they hadn’t texted again. They usually exchanged funny memes or funny tweets over text, but those ceased to exist since that day. It was Mina’s turn to reply (they basically sent texts and left the phone for hours until the other party replied. It’s a fun way to text because it required minimal commitment and pressure to reply yet both parties knew that they were looking forward to the replies).

In school, students need to change into gym clothes for every gym lesson. Forgetting to bring gym clothes was a common occurrence and one would usually panic when that happened. It was even more severe if the student lived far away from school, it was either they missed gym or missed the whole school day.

That day was a disaster for Chaeyoung. The gym class was taking scores that day so wearing no gym clothes meant no score.

She was about to buy new gym clothes but alas, even gym clothes were sold out on that day!

Since girls changed their clothes inside the classroom, Chaeyoung was assigned to guard from outside. She wasn’t going to change anyway unless she found someone who was willing to lend her close. Being an introvert, she didn’t really know anyone nor felt the need to get to know anyone. Her friends that time were only Tzuyu and her classmates, who definitely would need the gym clothes the same time Chaeyoung needed them.

Chaeyoung was outside trying to calculate her final score for gym if she missed this one test. In the middle of counting inside her head, a familiar figure walked near her.

“..so we should be able to hold the autumn festival on track, Mina unnie. Eh, Chaeyoungie?”

“Eh, Dahyun unnie? Hi! What are you doing out during school hour?”

“Ah, I am doing school board stuff now. Ah, here Chaeng, get to know these two important people, Mina unnie and Jihyo unnie. You must have known them from the orientation program, right?”

It was only then that Chaeyoung noticed the two other people who walked with Dahyun. One of them happened to be in some sort of grey-area clash because she just got caught lying for months to her face.

Jihyo gestured to shake Chaeyoung’s hand, “I hope you enjoy your first year here, Chaeyoung-ssi.”

“Ah, yes, thank you Jihyo unnie.”

She was kinda hoping for Mina to do the same, but Mina just stared at her indifferently. Mina at school was supper different from the summer Mina! Jihyo noticed this but she too seemed to be able to read the moment, so she just let this go.

“You’re guiding the door? Are you not changing?”

“The thing is.. I forgot my gym clothes. Ah, Dahyun unnie, do you happen to bring a spare jersey today?”

“Is it urgent?”

“Yes, the coach will be taking score today.”

“Ahh.. Sorry Chaeng, I don’t have gym today so I don’t bring it.. Mina unnie, Jihyo unnie, do you have one?”

“Nah, sorry Chaeng. Our gym class isn’t today,” Jihyo answered for the both of them.

It was doomed for Chaeyoung then. She was quite glad at first for meeting Dahyun but even her wouldn't just randomly bring bulky gym clothes to school every day.

The classroom door was finally opened, seemed like the girls had done changing. Chaeyoung walked with her friends to their school field with her head down.

“Cheer up, Chaeyoung,” Tzuyu told her stoically, Tzuyu style.

“Howww am I gonna cheer up, Tzu. I have my first school rule violation! On the day I should have an exam!” Chaeyoung felt so doomed.

They arrived at the school field. Their classmates were already gathering in the field. Chaeyoung was about to walk towards their gym coach when suddenly someone grabbed her wrist.

“Chaeyoung-ah, wait.”

“Huh? Dahyun unnie? What’s wrong?”

“Here, change into this,” Dahyun gave her a paper bag.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter