She's Back

unmyeong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mina was sitting in her room, scrolling Instagram. She was killing time before her schedule with her patients.

“Oh?” One post caught her attention. It was Dahyun’s newest Instagram post, she posted a picture captioned ‘Korea is better now that we have this bro back!’ with a girl who she was very sure was Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung’s back in Korea? She knew that Chaeyoung had occasional visit back in Korea but somehow she always missed the opportunity to meet her most of the time in the last 2 years. She immediately texted the girl, Ah, I forgot to reply to her last time..

Baby Chaeng 👶

Chaengiee! Sorry I forgot to reply TT

I am good, thanks!

Are you back in Korea for good?

HOW COME YOU DIDN’T TELL ME 😠😠

 

She waited for a reply when suddenly the door was opened by her colleague.

“Mina? You’re still here?” Nayeon asked while she went to the her lockers. “Ah, Nayeon unnie. Yep, my schedule isn’t until 2 pm anyway.” She glanced at the wall clock, indeed it still showed 1.29 pm.

“I just saw Sehun having lunch in the cafeteria, you don’t eat with her?”

“Oh yeah? I don’t know his schedule and I have eaten, hehe.”

The doctors and nurses in SNU hospital were all aware that Mina and Sehun were in a relationship for two years already. Those two were shipped back then because of their breathtaking visuals. However, these two were never seen to be into each other, so when the news broke that they went out together, people were still surprised.

They might have imagined that the cold Mina and timid Sehun would probably change like all lovestruck couple, but the two were still the same. Sure, Mina and Sehun did spend time together more after they were dating, but in the hospital they were still somewhat professional.

“Oh, and I heard your junior, Chaeyoung, finally went back to Korea.” It was a small world, Chaeyoung eventually discovered that Nayeon, the random doctor she met back then, was her Jeongyeon’s secret girlfriend. She came to have a soft spot for Chaeyoung who she saw as a cute dongsaeng.

“How do you.. Wait, you even know her?!”

“How could I not.. Anyway, yeah, she asked for a meet up with Jeongyeon and I next weekend Friday.”

Mina felt a pang in her left chest. Chaeyoung had never told anything to her. Well, she did forgot to reply to her, but that didn’t mean she could be skipped from the newsletter! After all, she still considered herself Chaeyoung’s closest friend.

“Unnie, can I join you three?”

 

*

 

Chaeyoung finally told Mina that she was back in Korea. It wasn’t that she deliberately wanted to leave Mina out of the loop. She was just unsure what to do. Mina had a boyfriend now and she was afraid that Mina would bring her boyfriend if ever Chaeyoung asked to meet Mina. She wasn’t sure if she could handle the sight.

On her second year in Hong Kong, she did feel a little distance was created between her and Mina. She was tolerating their fewer and fewer texts due to each other’s busy schedule, but she didn’t expect that one day the ‘bomb’ would come from Mina.

One day, she casually texted Chaeyoung that she started going out with her college friend, whom Chaeyoung met once, Sehun. “Sehun asked me out and we have been going out,” said Mina back then. The arrangement eventually still went on even until 2 years later.

When Chaeyoung heard the news, she felt numb. It wasn’t the explosive emotion she felt back then with Johnny. Probably the combination of distance, the lessened communication intensity, and Chaeyoung’s maturity helped lessening the effect. Acting normal was so out of equation, though. Chaeyoung tried her best to be normal but it still suffocated her when Mina mentioned Sehun’s name. Eventually she drifted herself apart as defensive mechanism and here they were now.

That’s why she didn’t expect that Mina would tail behind the NaJeong’s couple who just entered the cafe Chaeyoung’s in.

She was shocked because she didn’t expect to meet Mina this soon, she thought she still needed to prepare herself. But there she was, Mina was smiling widelty and waving frantically to Chaeyoung like she was her long-lost sunshine. , she missed Mina.

“Chaeyoung-ah!” Nayeon ran towards her and hugged her. “It’s been too l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter