Happy Birthday, Chaeyoung! (Special Chapter)

unmyeong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was her first birthday without her family and friends. She was feeling a little bit lonely. For several months, Chaeyoung had started to build a decent friendship with her coworkers, but coworkers are coworkers. Having multinational coworkers was also quite hindering for your social life at some point. She spoke decent English, but nothing beat the bond you have when speaking with your native language.

She finished her work fast that day (she worked half-day for Fridays). She celebrated her birthday by treating her coworkers to lunch and then went straight back home.

Chaeyoung was feeling like she wanted to enjoy the scenery, so she took the tram.

As you get older, birthdays become less and less exciting. She remembered when she was little, she would feel giddy whenever April came. She still saw April as a special month, but that was it.

Chaeyoung took the second floor of the tram and picked a seat near the stairs. The cool breezy wind blew softly to her face. It was a good day, she grinned to herself.

She checked her phone and looked at her messages. Of course her eomma was congratulating her. Her eomma sent a picture of her, her halmeoni, and two of her cousins in front of a strawberry cheesecake. Wait, who took the picture??

After texting her mom back and promising her that she would call her tonight, Chaeyoung checked other texts.

 

Ji Woo (Uni)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHAEOUNGIEEEE I miss you!!!! I hope I can get you as my client so we can meet :( you would be kind for me right hahaha

Thank uu Ji Woo :D

ok I’ll be nice

if you get me as a client

 

Yerim (Uni)

Chaeng Chaeng happy birthdaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! How are you! We never talk anymore, meanie ☠

You are the one who’s always busy….

Thankies Yerim :D

 

Tzuyu

Seyoung! Happy birthdayyy <3

Today will be your best day ever while in Hong Kong

LOL! Thanks Tzutzu

You’re giving me bday wishes like you’re a fortune teller lol

 

Dahyun unnie

Chaengie brooo, have a blast today!!!

Be a good kid today

Don’t come home late!!!

and Sana unnie said hbd she loves you but she loves more 😘

LMAO unnie

I AM NOT A KID

Thank you though

Lovesick idiot

Thanks Sana unnie hahah

 

There still hadn’t been a single text from a person who she waited for. It bummed her a bit because she was expecting her to send a congratulatory text in the middle of the midnight. She would probably not reply immediately, but she did expect it last night. She tried to understand, though, as she was sure as hell that person wouldn’t forget about her birthday.. would she?

She was a bit carried away by her thoughts when she realized that it was her stop. “Please wait for me!!!” she shouted from the upstairs as she jumped down the stairs, hoping the tram driver would hear her. He did, fortunately, and Chaeyoung managed to land her safely on the paveway block.

Chaeyoung jogged a little to her apartment. She tapped her access card on the lift, clicked her floor, and waited for the lift to ascend. When she turned left towards her room, she was suddenly on full alert mode, someone shady with a black hoodie was sitting in front of her door! It was like that person was sleeping. But heck, who would do something like this if they wasn’t a stalker?!

Chaeyoung took the wisest move ever, she went back in to the lift and went to reach the building’s management. She tried to be calm when she explained her situation to the employee attending the lobby. “I am so sorry Ms. Son, they might be able to come upstairs due to tailgating. Ms. Son, I think we need to take Mr. Wong with us,” the woman gestured. True, they were two little women, certainly a bulky PT from the gym next door would help.

So the three of them went to Chaeyoung’s room. Chaeyoung was so anxious along the wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter