Stages of Reconciliation

unmyeong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ever since she went back home, Chaeyoung had tried to busy herself with accompanying Ryujin and Yuna play. Each kid was still in the 3rd grade and kindergarten, the age where kids were funny and cute. Ryujin had begun to develop a sassy attitude, commenting things in sassy little person manner, but she’s still lovable. Chaeyoung also loved to gush Yuna so much, her little cousin was still so innocent and cute.

They were her distraction now that a big part of her life went missing. It’s been 2 weeks since she last texted Mina. Mina had tried to text her again few days ago, but Chaeyoung still felt hard to reply.

What was she supposed to do? Act like nothing had happened? That would be too weird, noone shut a person off for days because nothing was wrong.

Get angry? That would be weirder, Chaeyoung didn’t even know if she had a case to be mad about at Mina!

So she just left Mina’s messages unread (of course, she’s a pacifist she would not open Mina’s message if she’s not gonna reply).

In the middle of her ‘drawing school’ play with the Shin siblings, the intercom beeped. She walked to the intercom wondering, who would visit the house at time like this?

“Hi, Chaeng. It’s Sana unnie, I’m bringing something for your family,” the person said in the intercom.

Ah.. She was not prepared to meet someone that had ties with Mina, but she couldn’t reject Sana rightaway so she opened the door.

“Hi, unnie. What brings you here?”

“Whoah, Chaengie. You don’t like my presence here?”

“It’s not that! Just.. asking why, hehe.”

“Aish, as always you are weak at small talks. I am bringing you guys tangerines. Ryujin-chan, Yuna-chan, unnie is here!” Sana just walked past Chaeyoung and she was greeted by the babies. “You know them??” “Of course I do, when you went to Yonsei I was often asked by your halmeoni to pick them up from the kiddie care downstairs.” “You do?? How does my halmeoni know you?” “Well we met at the ATM and she kept on bragging about her Yonsei grandkid, of course I had to make a wild guess,” Sana cheekily answered while winking at her.

Chaeyoung was actually afraid that Sana was here under mission from Mina, or worse, bringing Mina with her. Thankfully she seemed to genuinely only want to deliver tangerines to their household.

After a while, her halmeoni got home from the elderly communities and her mom too arrived from work. Chaeyoung was confused at how they knew Sana, but it was nothing impossible for the outgoing Sana.

Chaeyoung herself only knew Sana from her occasional house visit to Mina’s when she was still in highschool. She was always super welcoming whenever Chaeyoung was around, so even though she didn’t meet her that often, Sana just had this welcoming aura that made even introvert people comfortable.

From the conversation with her family and Sana, she found out that Sana had just started a modelling career after being street-casted. It seemed like she enjoyed the job, so Chaeyoung was happy for her.

“Let me help you wash the dishes, Chaeng,” Sana approached her in the kitchen. “It’s okay unnie, you brought us tangerines already.” “It was actually from Mina, you know.” “Say what?” “It was from Mina, she asked my help to deliver them to you.”

“Oh.”

“I know you got home two weeks ago, Chaeng. Dahyun told me.”

“Heol, Sana unnie. How do you know everyone in my life?”

She only smirked, “We were fated to meet, probably? She only told me this once she knew you were ‘friends’ with Mina.”

“Okay, yes I got here two weeks ago, what about it?”

“You didn’t come visit us. She went back home last week.”

Chaeyoung wasn’t sure how much Mina told Sana and how much Sana will side with Mina, so she simply just hummed indicating her acknowledgment.

“She missed you so much, you know. Didn’t know what got you so upset,” Sana didn’t wait for any answer anymore. Chaeyoung snapped, “Of course she wouldn’t!” “Yes, she wouldn’t if you don’t tell her, Chaeng. Reply to her text, she hasn’t been feeling well either lately.” Chaeyoung couldn’t deny that she still cared, “What happened to her?”

“Hmmm… something related to not having her daily vitamin?”

 

***

 

After bidding Sana goodbye and making sure the Shin siblings were asleep, Chaeyoung laid on her bed and stared at the ceiling in her room.

Okay, Chaeyoung was mad for no reason at Mina. But Mina was not feeling well? She couldn’t not say anything to Mina. She decided to finally read the messages Mina sent her: nothing interesting, she didn’t say anything Chaeyoung wanted to know on that day. Chaeyoung wondered if she should ask anything about her condition, but it’s like they got telepathy because Mina suddenly called and she panic-answered.

 

Call with Minari 🐧

“Hello?... Chaeng??

“Hi, Mina..”

“Chaengieee, why are you mad at me??? I don’t know anything!”

“Hmm.. I don’t know either.”

“What!?”

“How are you? Sana unnie said you have vitamin deficiencies something?”

“Sana?? She’s weird, don't mind her. I am NOT OKAY. YOU. ARE. NOT. REPLYING. TO. ME.”

“...”

“WHY!”

“I don’t know, maybe let me be alone first?”

“No, I am coming to your house now.”

“Don’t! It’s nearly 10 pm now in the middle of winter are you crazy.”

“Hmph. Okay, I will go there tomorrow. Bye!”

“U---” but before she answered, Mina of course had to strategically hang up first.

 

***

 

The next day, Chaeyoung woke up to Ryujin, now much braver than the previous year, waking her up. “Unnieee! Mina unnie came!”

“I don’t want to see her, Ryu..”

“Don’t want what!?” Ah, . Of course she has entered her room again.

Chaeyoung finally grumpily got up, engulfing herself in her blanket and went to the bathroom. She cleaned up and changed and greeted Mina who had waited for her on her bed.

“Mina, I really don’t know what to tell you. I..”

“Ryujin-chan! Yuna-chan!” Mina cut her off and as expected, the two little rascals came in the room.

“Yeeeesss, Mina unnie?” the little Yuna climbed on Chaeyoung’s bed to Mina’s lap.

“Unnie gave myself an early Christmas present, tadaaa!” Mina took out her brand new Nintendo Switch. It was just released that year and Mina had been talking too much about Switch ever since the news about it came out. She heard about it all day but her (cute) cousins would be the one putting their hands on it?!

The day certainly didn’t go as Chaeyoung predicted. Basically the three girls hijacked her bedroom and she was forced to sit watching them play. It was actually fun even if she was only watching since the game format was very new.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter