Through Mina's Eyes

unmyeong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Mina was in her second year of residency, her mom and dad went back to Japan. Mina was glad because she saw it weird for her to work alongside her dad, the medicine world was so small after all. Since their apartment would be vacant, Mina and Sana started to move out to an apartment that was located near SNU hospital, where she was currently doing her residency.

A week before her parents departure, apparently Mina’s parents asked her to have a family dinner for three. This was weird because they always had dinner with Sana along.

“Mina-chan, you know Papa and Mama are not young anymore,” her Papa opened the conversation. By the tone of it, Mina knew it could not be good and it could only mean one thing: her parents were urging her to find a boyfriend soon.

They thought her daughter was too pretty for not having anyone chasing her. That was true though, Mina always had suitors trying to get her attention wherever she went. However, Mina was not interested. She was either too engrossed with her work and study or feeling no urgency for someone, she had her own friends like Jihyo, Sana, and Chaeyoung. Chaeyoung was her number one go to person that time.

But her parents' talk changed the trajectory of her romance life because it was like there was suddenly an urgency to find a boyfriend.

“Why did you tell me this now? You guys didn’t even marry until Mom is in her 30s.”

“But we met when we were in our 20s and you are 26 already this year, dear. We haven’t had any boy introduced to our house,” her mom answered. “We just wanted to make sure you have someone to take care of you in your life.”

“I can take care of myself just fine.”

“You won’t feel like this when you are our age, Mina. If we are not hearing any news from you soon, we will introduce you to our friends’ son.”

And just like that the conversation was over.

Mina was unfortunately an obedient child. She knew her parents loved her so much and they were only wishing the best for her in life. Somehow, this gave so much pressure to Mina.

Sana couldn’t give her any helpful advice since clearly she wasn’t in the same boat as her. She got her love of her life already and supportive parents. Mina felt like she hadn’t met the one.

Jihyo? The girl would tease Mina to no end. They loved each other but seeing how Mina was so selective in Jihyo’s partners, Mina was so sure that Jihyo would do the same to her.

She obviously had Chaeyoung but in this matter, Chaeyoung was the only person Mina wanted to go to. Mina felt Chaeyoung was too protective of Mina and there was no way the girl would approve of anyone. Mina too thought Chaeyoung was like the standard person she would want to be with, but finding someone like that was hard and it seemed like Mina needed to compromise.

 

*

 

Doctors led a very different life routine than any other professions. This birthed the common belief that doctors should be with doctors, as they understand each other’s routine the most, therefore minimizing chances of misunderstanding along the way.

Mina used to beg to differ, but now she wasn’t very sure. Mina thought that when her parents called her to talk about this matter, that meant her parents needed tangible results now and that was what Mina should do.

She was sitting in the doctor’s canteen room as usual with her uni friends, deep in her own thought when suddenly she heard a chatter among her friends.

“Sehun, why aren’t you finding a girlfriend? The interns are always asking for you every day. I’m so fed up!” Mark whined. Apparently he was done with people approaching him only to ask for Sehun’s number.

Jihyo was fueling the fire, “Yes, me too! Also you should maintain your distance with me, people are gossiping about me behind my back, saying that I am trying to get close to you something. Gross!”

The person who was talked about only snickered shyly. Since uni, Sehun was really not the type to care about this type of thing despite his immense popularity. This apparently continues until their residency. He was pursuing to be an internist at that time.

Taehyung who was just watching the banter suddenly said something smart, “Hey, I don’t know why we kept on pestering Sehun only because isn’t this person exactly the same?” The group suddenly turned their attention to Mina.

Mina indeed was truly like Sehun. When Mina first entered SNU Hospital during her clinical rotations, it had made such a buzz among the doctors and nurses. However, her seemingly intimidating cold exterior (compared to Sehun’s charming and inviting a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter