Sweet Scent

unmyeong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Humans have five senses. There are sight, smell, hearing, taste, and touch. The five of them make up human’s experience with memories. One could overpower the other in some cases and become the triggering factor to create new memories.

It was late August 2014 which meant the start of a new semester.

Son Chaeyoung opened her eyes and opened the curtain. She was not very good with waking up in the morning, but as she liked first days, today was an exciting day. She couldn’t wait to meet again with her friends at school. She didn’t really meet up with many of them during the summer holiday. Well, sometimes she saw them when going to the city but that was it. Six months going to school, she only felt comfortable with asking really close friends to hang out. It was Tzuyu for her, but she went back to Taiwan for her summer holiday.

Well, there was Mina.. but she wasn’t really in the position to actively ask her to hang out again and again, was she? Mina ought to have her own schedule so she didn’t dare to disrupt them.

She was back to her long commuting to school, still avoiding signs of Mina because she was yet to reveal her identity. She was planning to come clear to Mina, but definitely the best way wasn’t to be caught in 4K.

August definitely still had too much summer vibe. The air smelled like overheated cement road with a tinge of coolness from damp leaves.

Chaeyoung loved summer but she loved it more when summer was just a longing for warmth in the middle of cold winter and windy spring. Adding to that, summer was best enjoyed chilling at home snacking her halmeoni’s strawberry harvest. At this point, she wished summer would end soon and be replaced by fall. She was absorbing most of that moment during a short walk from the bus stop to the school when she noticed something she has been missing so much.

“Tzuyu!” Chaeyoung saw Tzuyu in front of the school gate as she was stepping from her shiny black car, “I miss you!” She ran and hugged her tall friend.

“Yah, Chaeyoung, you said you missed me but you only texted me in the beginning of the summer holiday!”

She bit her lips, “Oops, sorry. I am not a good texter, I told you!”

The two best friends catched up with each other. They also talked a lot about what they are going to do the upcoming semester. In this high school, people joined clubs on the second semester so it was finally time for them to pick their choices.

Chaeyoung was listening attentively to Tzuyu when she suddenly felt the air around her blew. The air brought along a sweet hint of something that Chaeyoung found intriguing. She turned her head immediately to her side to find out what kind of person walked past her with such a sweet scent.

She only saw the person’s back and her swinging long black wavy hair. That felt familiar.. Considering the confidence vibe she felt oozing around that individual’s walking pose, she knew right away.

 

It was Mina. Mina just walked past me. I was so close to getting caught!

She immediately stopped Tzuyu from talking and dragged her to their class quickly.

“What??” she asked irritatedly, she was trying her best to tell her holiday stories in Korean yet this tiny person seemed to lose attention when she was telling the of her story. She was dragging her rather forcefully too!

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter