Chapter 01

My Korean Tutor

5 months ago...

 

Few months have been passed, Chaeyeon never forgot about Sakura. There was no day that she regrets letting her true love go. She became miserable after she lost Sakura but after a short while she found herself back. She promised herself that she will find the girl no matter what. 

 

She finished her studies and started to look for Sakura. She can't find the girl anywhere in Korea, she was desperate to get her back. She went to Japan with a bit of luck finding the girl. There's nothing she will do in order to find her. 

 

-

 

Chaeyeon went to Japan to try her luck on finding Sakura. As she arrived in Japan she thought that it will be easy to look for Sakura since she came from a known family. But she was wrong, it was much harder to reach people in the high-class family. 

 

She did all the work to find a lead to where Sakura lives. She found the right place but she can't find her way to meet the girl. 

 

On her first day in Tokyo, she went straight to the company that is owned by Sakura's father. But unfortunately, they won't let her in, or even believe that she's an acquaintance of Sakura. She kept coming back but the results are the same. She gave up on pleading and begging inside the company.

 

She decided to just wait outside the building, wishing and hoping to see Sakura. She waited outside the whole day but her luck seems very low and didn't see the one she's looking for. On her second day, she did the same but unfortunately, the result was the same. 

 

Today is her last day, so she decided to change her plan. She walks around the busy street of Tokyo, looking around the place. Still not giving up on seeing the girl. She kept on walking from place to place. 

 

-

 

After a while she got tired and decided to sit at the stairs she passed by. She feels so tired and hungry at the same time. She's been walking around since early in the morning. She doesn't have a place to go back since she only booked two days at the hotel, and will be flying back to Korea later at night.

 

She took a deep breath and just looked at the sky. 

 

"Where on earth are you my highness?" 

 

She kept staring at the sky when her stomach growls. She touches her hungry stomach and just made an annoyed face, realizing she hasn't eaten anything yet. She took her wallet out and opens it.

 

"I.. I only have 5 dollars... How will I survive today?" 

 

"I already spent all of my savings..." 

 

Chaeyeon just sighs and stands up from her seat. She went to the nearest bakery she passes by. She took one bread and lines up to the counter. An old man caught her eyes, he's wearing old clothes and it seems that he's homeless. He's holding a piece of cake and walking towards the counter.

 

"How much is it?" The old man asked the cashier.

 

"It's 5 dollars." The cashier answered.

 

The old man quickly turned around and put the cake back on the shelves. He looks very sad as he walks away. It was written on his face how disappointed he is because he can't afford the cake. 

 

Chaeyeon went out the line and put her bread back to the shelves. She then took the piece of cake that the old man returned. She paid for it and quickly went out. She saw the man sitting on the side street.

 

"Excuse me, sir," Chaeyeon said in Japanese.

 

"Here take this." Chaeyeon handed the cake to the old man.

 

The old man looked at her first before accepting the cake. He smiled brightly at Chaeyeon.

 

"Thank you." The old man looked very happy holding the cake.

 

"No problem. Take care grandpa!" Chaeyeon smilingly said and happily ran away. 

 

-

 

As she ran away, suddenly she felt weird. As if someone is looking at her, she feels like being followed, but as she looked around she sees no one. Maybe she's just hallucinating because of hunger she thought.

 

Her stomach kept on growling. She tried ignoring it and continued walking. After few minutes she can't take it anymore and sits on side of the street like a homeless person.

 

"Arrrrrggggghhh!" She closed her eyes and raised her head in the sky. She feels very annoyed on her noisy stomach. 

 

"Annyeong!" Someone just speaks in front of her face.

 

She still has her face up when she opened her eyes. She was very surprised seeing a girl's face very close to her own face. She jumped off her spot and quickly moved away.

 

"Annyeonghasayo!" The girl smilingly greeted her in Korean.

 

Chaeyeon was shocked sitting on the ground and just looking at the girl in front of her.

 

"I'm sorry! Did I startle you?" The girl said and walked near Chaeyeon.

 

"Uhm. No. I mean yes!" Chaeyeon replied in Korean.

 

"Yes! I'm right! You're also Korean." The girl happily said bending her knees to take a closer look at Chaeyeon.

 

"Yes..." Chaeyeon whispered and stood up.

 

-

 

"I'm sorry for startling you! I've been following you around." The girl smilingly said.

 

Chaeyeon already felt weird with the sudden appearance of the girl and also she was right when felt that someone is following her. 

 

"Uhm it's okay... I.. got to go now..." Chaeyeon tried excusing herself as she doesn't feel comfortable with the girl. 

 

She turned around and when she's about to walk away the girl suddenly speaks up.

 

"I saw you at the bakery. I saw how you paid for the old man's cake. And I also saw your empty wallet but despite that, you helped the old man." The girl told her.

 

Chaeyeon turned around and faced the girl with a surprised look. The girl has been following her for a while, she even saw her empty wallet.

 

"And... I also need your help." The girl said straightly.

 

"How can I help you?" Chaeyeon asked.

 

-