Chapter 04

My Korean Tutor

The two started to walk their way to the said restaurant.

 

"Good thing it's not that far, because we can't afford to ride a train or even a bus." Chaeyeon said.

 

"You're right, I just hope that's really the place I'm looking for." The girl said and sighed.

 

"Well. I really wish too." Chaeyeon replied and copied the girl.

 

"But... Really thank you for helping me. My savior." The girl looked at Chaeyeon and smiled.

 

"Yaaa! I'm not your savior and thank me when we got the right place." Chaeyeon said.

 

"But still, thank you for accompanying a lost pabo kid." The girl said.

 

"No problem, after all, I still have plenty of time before my flight later." Chaeyeon said.

 

"Are you really leaving later at night?" The girl asked with a sad tone.

 

"Yes. Why? Are you planning to stop me?" Chaeyeon jokingly said.

 

"No. I just wish I can spend more time with you." She replied looking sad.

 

"Hey miss, did you forget that I'm just a stranger." Chaeyeon laughed.

 

"I thought we're already friends." The girl stopped walking.

 

"I'm just kidding. Of course, we are. That's better than being mistaken to be a kidnapper." Chaeyeon looked at the girl behind and laughed again.

 

"What do you mean?" The girl continued walking again.

 

"Nothing." Chaeyeon said and walked faster.

 

"Wait." The girl walked faster to match Chaeyeon's steps.

 

-

The two were already walking for 20 minutes. 

 

"Look at that building. Inside that is a famous restaurant, only rich people can afford to eat there." Chaeyeon pointed the building a bit far from them.

 

"Hmm and looking at your clothes, your posture, and your face. You definitely look like a princess who came from a wealthy family..." Chaeyeon scanned the girl from head to toe.

 

"But because of your weird personality, attitude, and small brai-" Chaeyeon was cut off by the girl.

 

"Yaaaah! Stop it! Are you discriminating meee!" The girl angrily shouted at Chaeyeon but still showing her cute face.

 

"I'm not. Come on hurry up. You're too slow my prin.." Chaeyeon's smile turned to a serious face as her tongue almost slipped. 

 

"Sorry? What were you saying?" The girl curiously asked.

 

"Nothing. I said walk faster." Chaeyeon fixed her expression and continued walking.

 

"Wait. Can we rest for a bit? I'm so tired." The girl complained and stopped walking.

 

"Yaaaa what are you doing? We're almost there!" Chaeyeon shouted at her.

 

"Please... Just five minutes." The girl pleaded.

 

"Fine." Chaeyeon said.

 

The two sat on the bench in front of a building. Chaeyeon took her bottled water and handed it to the poor girl.

 

"Here. That's the only one I have." Chaeyeon said.

 

"Thank you. You are really my savior. My superhero." The girl happily accepted it.

 

"Can you stop calling me that?" Chaeyeon coldly said.

 

"Why?" She asked.

 

"Just don't." Chaeyeon said and the girl just pouted at her.

 

"By the way, may I know why you are here in Japan?" The girl curiously asked.

 

"Just to help a poor lost weird girl." Chaeyeon jokingly said.

 

"No. I'm serious." The girl asked looking at her.

 

"I'm here to look for someone. Someone very important to me, but I guess I don't have any luck on finding her here." Chaeyeon said and pushed a smile, putting her head down.

 

"I'm sorry to hear that. I wish I can help you. Only if I have my... my friends with me I will ask them to look for that someone." The girl replied looking at Chaeyeon's sad face.

 

"Five minutes up! let's go now!" Chaeyeon stood up from her seat and brought back her high energy.

 

"Five more minutes pleaseeee!" The girl complained, doesn't want to leave her seat.

 

"Come on! You know I only have limited time!" Chaeyeon said.

 

"Can you just carry me at your back?" The girl asked trying hard to look cute in front of Chaeyeon.

 

"NO." Chaeyeon quickly moved away and started to walk.

 

"You're so mean!" The girl shouted at her and stood up from her seat.

 

"There's only one person who can ride my back! I'm sorry miss stranger!" Chaeyeon teasingly said and walked faster.

 

"Wait for me!" The girl hurriedly followed Chaeyeon.

 

-

 

They arrived in front of the building they are looking for. The two looked at the top of the building where the supposed fancy restaurant is located.

 

"So that's the seaside you were saying." Chaeyeon pointed at the sea beside the building. 

 

"Wowww.." The girl said in amazement, looking at the view.

 

"She's really..." Chaeyeon put her hand on her head again.

 

"Okay. Go inside now and look for your friends." Chaeyeon said to the girl.

 

"I... can I.. just go with you instead?" The girl asked with puppy eyes.

 

"Go now!" Chaeyeon shouted that make the girl pouted.

 

"Fine." The girl replied.

 

"I guess this is it. It was nice meeting you, silly stranger." Chaeyeon smiled at her.

 

"No. Don't go." The girl said with a sad voice.

 

"Really... really silly." She looked at the girl and patted her head.

 

"Bye. I'll see you whenever." Chaeyeon smiled and started to walk away.

 

"Wait!" The girl shouted and ran towards her. Chaeyeon turned around to face her.

 

"I forgot to ask your name nor introduce myself." The girl said with a smile.

 

 

"My name is..." 

"Kim Minju." 

She said with a bright smile. 

 

 

Chaeyeon smiled back at her. She looks silly but you can't deny that's she really pretty. Chaeyeon thought to herself.

 

"And I'm Lee Chae-" Chaeyeon didn't finish introducing herself when her eyes were caught by someone.

 

"Saku-" Chaeyeon eyes widened as she saw a passing car came from the parking lot of the building. She forgot about Minju and quickly followed the car. She's very sure that she saw Sakura inside the car. 

 

"Sakura!" She ran as fast as she can to follow the car.

 

"Sakura!" She kept shouting but no one can hear her. The place was too busy for her call to be heard.

 

She ran fast until the car speeds up and she can't follow up anymore. She stopped running as she lost the car. She felt very frustrated and sat on the ground panting really hard. 

 

"Sakura... Sakura..." She kept on saying her name, breathing so hard. Feeling very frustrated.

 

-

 

After calming herself down, Chaeyeon went back to the building to see Minju. But when she got back the girl was not there anymore. She felt bad as she didn't say a proper goodbye to her. 

 

"Arrrrgggg!" She hit her head in anger.

 

"Why am I so unlucky today!" She talked to herself while scratching her forehead.

 

She walked to the train station lifelessly. She didn't even care about her surroundings and just kept on walking nonstop. The rain started to fall and she didn't seem to care.

 

She stopped for a moment and raised her palm to feel the raindrops in her hand. She raised her head and closed her eyes. She smiled and her tears started to fall. 

 

"I miss you so much Sakura." She whispered with tears kept on falling from her eyes.

 

"I'm not going to give up until I feel your warm embrace again." She said and pushed a smile.

 

She went back to Korea with her heart full of regrets. The one she's looking for the whole time was just meters away from her but she didn't manage to hold her. She feels very unlucky but despite that, she promised that she will not give up until she finds the girl again. The girl she really loves the most.

 

--