kim jibeom

☾ crescent eyes — a collection of short stories feat. golden child

“are you sleeping?” jibeom asked and you yanked your head back. you opened your eyes wider and blinked a few times. 

“no I’m not,” you said as you take a few sips of water and continue to solve the physics questions in front of you. 

“if you’re tired, you can go home,” jibeom said as he tucked a few strands of your hair behind your ear. you love his sweet gestures, especially this one. 

 it was a thursday night where some students are able to stay until midnight in school to study for their finals. there is not many students around because they prefer to do it at home, which gives you and jibeom the entire classroom to yourselves. 

“it’s okay. I got this,” you said as you took a deep breath. you need to stop falling asleep. it’s very unusual for you to fall asleep in class but that day was the busiest day in your entire life, having 2 quizzes in a day and also planning stuff for school councillor events. 

but as you started reading the physics question again, your eyes started to close. the numbers and symbols made you dizzy and you caved in to your tired body. 

jibeom chuckled silently before helping you lean your head against his shoulder. 

“just sleep,” he said when you opened your eyes halfway. 

“hmmm.”

“we can stay the night here. I’ll stay with you.”

“hmmm.”

you then fell completely asleep in his arms. you’ve actually lost the number of times jibeom has been so sweet and caring towards you. and no one can top that. you feel comfortable with him and he’s always the person who supports you all the way. he also loves everything you love, from weird ice cream flavors to memes. jibeom might not be a perfect person, but he is perfect for you. 

he realised you were still holding a pen and took it from your hands. he made sure that you were warm and comfortable by covering your body with a blanket. the classroom can be cold and boring, but it doesn’t matter where or when, as long as you’re with him, it’s good enough. 

jibeom saw your empty hand and intertwined it with his. “I like the way your hand fits in mine,” he said while smiling. 

“I love you,” he whispered before giving you a kiss on the forehead. you were sleeping, but you heard everything he said in your dreams. 

“I love you too,” you whispered with a smile. you’ve never felt so lucky to have jibeom in your life.