son youngtaek

☾ crescent eyes — a collection of short stories feat. golden child

 

it’s only been a few days since self-quarantine started but youngtaek has been calling you non stop. you could only pick up his calls at night as you were busy working from home during the day. even though you’re working from home, you are working for an insurance company. emails from clients just never stop. missing your boyfriend makes this whole situation even harder. 

it was friday night and you were glad the weekend has started. you received a message from youngtaek as you plopped on your bed. 

youngtaeggi: call me when you’re done with work okay? I miss you 

you smiled at his message and proceeded to press the video call button. it didn’t take long for him to answer. 

“taeggi...” you called when he picked up. you could see him sitting on his desk, probably producing a new song. 

“my honey bunny...” he smiled, “I miss you.”

“I miss you more,” you said as you lay down on the bed, “what are you doing?” 

“I’m making a new song! wanna hear?” he asked and you nodded. whenever youngtaek talks about music, his face would lit up. and you love seeing him do what he loves to do. 

he played a track and it has a sweet melody but also an upbeat tone to it. you bopped your head to the music, signing that you enjoyed it.

“as usual, my taeggi makes the best music,” you complimented.

“of course. it has to be the best because you’re my inspiration,” he smiled.

“ya, don’t lie. lying is bad,” you said. you honestly don’t know why youngtaek loves you a lot. you were just an ordinary girl from church while he is an extraordinary producer. when your church friends found out you two were dating, they couldn’t even believe it. 

“I’m not lying. I’m serious. I love you,” he said. you covered your face from embarrassment. youngtaek likes to shower you with sudden bursts of I love you and it never fails to make you blush. 

“I love you more,” you said as you kissed your phone screen. 

“you look tired,” youngtaek pointed out, “how’s working from home?”

“it’s tiring,” you confessed, “I got so many emails and problems to deal with. it never ends.” 

youngtaek pouted, “I wish I could give you a hug right now.” 

“when this is all over, come here and give me a hug,” you said.

“I promise,” youngtaek showed his pinky. 

“oh, I made something else today too,” he said as he clicked away on his computer, “joochan actually helped me out with this one.” 

a song started to play from the speaker. you instantly knew what genre it is. lofi hiphop, one of your favourites in the world.

“oh it’s so good!” you said as you closed your eyes and enjoyed it. 

“I know you’d like it,” youngtaek smiled. the song is very calming and before you knew it, you’ve fallen asleep. youngtaek wasn’t surprised to see you fell asleep during the call. he smiled, knowing that you would rest well today. he loves to see you sleep too. 

“I love you most, my honey bunny,” he said as he kissed the screen.