lee jangjun

☾ crescent eyes — a collection of short stories feat. golden child

“YA!!!!!!!!!” you screamed at jangjun when he stole your umbrella away from your hands, leaving you wet under the rain. he walked further away from you before turning around and sticking his tongue out. 

“I WILL MURDER YOU LEE JANGJUN!” you screamed as you ran towards him, hoping to get your umbrella back. 

it was a monday morning and out of all days, it had to rain like crazy on that day. you hated mondays but what you hate more is walking to school while it’s raining. you just hate rain in general. it makes your clothes wet, it makes you dirty but most importantly, being under the rain makes you sick. sometimes, you blame your weak immune system. 

lee jangjun has been your annoying friend for the past 3 years in high school. sure you have a few best friends but jangjun was the one who ended up being in the same class as you for 3 years straight. so you spent more time with him than your other friends in school. you were also his main target for pranks. sometimes you wish you could kick his . 

him having a taller figure and longer legs definitely did not help at all. no matter how hard you run, you still couldn’t catch up with him. 

“slow down you ,” you muttered. you noticed jangjun slowing down and you smiled. finally! you’re going to give him payback. 

however, you weren’t careful enough. as soon as you’re about to kick his , your legs slipped because of the wet ground. 

“WHOA!” you exclaimed. in that millisecond during the fall, you closed your eyes shut, expecting to land on the cold wet ground. 

one second, two second passed. no, you didn’t hit the floor. you felt an arm behind your back and another holding your shoulders. and suddenly you didn’t feel the rain. 

you opened your eyes to see jangjun on top of you, shielding you away from the sky while preventing you from falling. the umbrella was ditched on the ground.

you noticed jangjun’s eyelashes, his lips, his rosy cheeks. somehow, your heart started to beat like crazy. how can this annoying piece of crap have such??? handsome??? features???

jangjun cleared his throat and took you back to reality. you stood up and he lets go of his grip from your shoulder. 

“be careful,” he said as he picked the umbrella up. 

“yeah thanks,” you said as you adjust your skirt. now, both of you were soaking wet. 

“ah, this is no use,” jangjun said as he handed the umbrella back to you, “it’s all wet.”

“it’s your fault! we could have just shared it,” you smacked his shoulder. he pretended to wince in pain. 

“or we could just run,” he said. he didn’t wait a second when he grabbed your hands and started running towards the school entrance. you were too dumbfounded to argue with him and started running as well. you didn’t even try to loosen your grip from his hand. 

you thought your heart was beating like crazy because of the running when in fact, it’s beating like crazy because of him.