hong joochan

☾ crescent eyes — a collection of short stories feat. golden child

you panicked as you frantically try to find your usb in the library. you spent the entire recess sitting in front of the computer trying to complete a drawing of shoto todoroki. if the usb falls into the wrong hands, you would die from embarrassment. no one should find out your weeb side. that usb contains every artwork that you’ve made and your life is basically everything on that tiny stick. 

and also in that usb is a drawing of your crush, hong joochan. 

you shudder at the thought of anyone looking into the contents of the files. you crouched under the table and looked everywhere but your usb cannot be found. you even asked the librarian but she did not see it. 

your heart just sank knowing that you probably won’t be able to get it back. just when you’re about to exit the library, something caught your eyes. a boy sitting in front of the computer while browsing...

wait. isn’t that... THE DRAWING OF JOOCHAN YOU MADE? 

you widened your eyes as you ran towards the computer, immediately spotting your precious usb connected to the port. you jumped at the person in front of the computer, attempting to block his view from the screen. 

“DON’T LOOK AT IT!” you said but you started to regret everything you’ve done when you realised that the person behind the computer is hong freaking joo freaking chan. 

holy . you want to die. 

you immediately closed all the drawings on the screen and disconnect the usb. after that, you run out of the library as fast as you can. you didn’t care that the librarian were telling “no running!”, you just want to hide from embarrassment. 

when school came to an end, you didn’t wait for your friends to go home with you like you usually do. you just dashed out and went straight to the bus stop, hoping that you wouldn’t have to talk to anyone, especially about the drawings. 

but your day was about to be messed up again when joochan grabbed your hands and you had no choice but to face him. your heart was pumping so hard you swore you just ran a thousand miles. you don’t want to look at his eyes. you’re sure you were about to get the “why did you draw me? please don’t do it, it’s creepy” talk. 

“is this me?” joochan showed you a printed picture of the drawing and you widened your eyes. 

“ya! why did you print it?” you asked while frantically trying to cover it from him. 

“so it is me, heh,” he smiled and raised his hand higher so you couldn’t reach it. he looked at the drawing again and you gave up getting it back. there’s no use. it’s over. it’s done.

“you’re a pretty talented artist,” joochan said and your eyes lit up. he said you’re talented! :D!!! 

“ehh, thanks,” you said with a big smile. you could feel your face getting warmer as he complimented you. 

“do you like me?” he asked out of a sudden and the question made you choke. 

“I’m going to miss my bus,” you said as you turned around to go to the bus stop. you thought joochan wouldn’t follow you but you’re wrong. 

“you have a habit of avoiding the topic, you know?” joochan said. you kept walking while looking somewhere else that was not in his direction. finally you reached the bus stop and as if lady luck is on your side, your bus was just arriving. 

“bye joochan, I’ll see you tomorrow,” you waved at him before entering the bus with some other students. 

but just before the door was closed, joochan shouted something that made you blush a thousand shades of red while other passengers grinned at you. 

“I LIKE YOUR DRAWING. BUT I LIKE YOU MORE.”