bae seungmin

☾ crescent eyes — a collection of short stories feat. golden child

“that was the best concert I’ve ever attended in my whole entire life,” you declared as you fangirled in front of bae seungmin. few weeks back, you’ve been convincing seungmin to come with you to watch stray kids’ concert because you didn’t want to go alone. he caved in when you told him you will pay for his tickets. 

the concert just ended and everyone was exiting the venue. it’s already late at night as the concert lasted for 3 hours. it was the best 3 hours of your life, watching your favourite boy group perform right in front of your very eyes. 

“they are so so so handsome in real life!” you squealed as you clutched your lightstick closer to your chest. seungmin just nodded and kept walking beside you. 

“kim seungmin is super good looking in real life,” you smiled as you recalled back at one of their performances when stray kids’ seungmin walked past your aisle.

“didn’t you see seungmin gave me a smile?” you nudged the non-idol seungmin. 

“I don’t know,” he said. annoyance can be seen on his face. kim seungmin is your bias in stray kids and bae seungmin is your best friend. he was pretty annoyed to know that the idol shared the same name as him. you biasing kim seungmin doesn’t help either. 

“ya~ did you not like the concert?” you asked your best friend and a worried expression can be seen in your face. 

“kim seungmin this, kim seungmin that, ugh!!!” he complained, “he’s so annoying. why does he have the same name as me?!” 

tears started to dwell on your eyes. did bae seungmin got pissed off just because he shares the same name with your bias? and did he just get pissed off all because you talked about kim seungmin too much? 

“if you like kim seungmin so much, why don’t you go and marry him?” bae seungmin said. those words felt like a knife on your chest and you just sobbed. you didn’t care if other passing fangirls were looking. you cried because you realised it was your mistake by talking about idol seungmin too much. 

“I’m sorry,” you said between your sobs. bae seungmin was shocked to see you cry as you’re not the type to be sad over things like this. 

“ya, don’t cry, I’m sorry,” he put his hands on your shoulder to cry to calm you down. “I was joking okay? I’m sorry,” he said. you tried to stop yourself from crying but you just couldn’t. 

“I don’t want to marry kim seungmin. he’s younger than me,” you said while sobbing. the real reason why you asked seungmin to come with you was because you wanted to spend time with him.

“the seungmin that I like is you, pabo-ya,” you hit his chest while wiping your tears, “how can you joke about me marrying an idol? that’s practically impossible.”

bae seungmin widened his eyes. he stood rooted to the ground after hearing what you said. he heard every word but he couldn’t believe it. he just stared at your crying face while you continued to wipe your tears. 

suddenly he stepped forward to give you a tight hug. he lets you cry onto his white t-shirt. you tightened your clutch on the back of his shirt while he caressed your head. magically, you stopped crying. 

seungmin then let’s go of the hug and puts his hands on your cheeks and said, “you know, I’d rather have you bias jeongin instead. at least he doesn’t have the same name as me.”