kim donghyun

☾ crescent eyes — a collection of short stories feat. golden child

it was 3am in the morning when you heard a knock on the door. you rubbed your eyes as you woke up from your interrupted sleep and find out who was at the front. you opened the door only to be greeted with a tight hug from donghyun. 

“ya donghyun-ah, are you okay?” you asked, starting to worry because it’s the first time donghyun has appeared at your front door this early in the morning. your boyfriend didn’t answer, he just continued to hug you while closing the door behind. 

you remembered that donghyun once said he would get nightmares from his childhood accident. it was a long time ago, but the wound never heals in his heart. 

you caressed his head while he buries his face on the crook of your neck. he might be bigger than you but he is the bigger baby. 

still hugging, you lead him to the bedroom. you let him sleep on your bed while cuddling him. he says your hugs and cuddles can help him forget about the nightmares. you pat him on the head while he wrapped his arms around your waist tight. 

there was no need for words between the two of you. you understood each other with gestures and that’s how both of you feel comforted.

you looked at donghyun and he was finally sleeping peacefully. you caught a smile grazing his lips and that’s when you are sure that everything is going to be okay.