Chap 5

My Secret Crush is an Ajumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook had hoped to see Aerin at the afterparty, but of course, she didn’t attend. Why would she? He had spent the whole night looking at the door and every time someone arrived, he got his hopes up thinking it was her. Then he looked for her at breakfast the next day, but she wasn’t there either. When his manager returned the jacket, he knew she’d left the island.

“Did noona say anything?” he tried to keep his voice casual, “I hope she’s okay after yesterday.” He added to make it sound like he was only following up on the pit incident as it was being referred to on social media. There were memes of him jumping into the pit, memes of Aerin being hit with the tripod and falling into the pit – those made him angry. How could people find it funny that she’d hurt herself?

“What would she have said?” their Manager was distracted with eating his breakfast waffles.

He was anxious to get back to Seoul, but they were stuck on this island for another 2 days.

Aerin and Ji-Eun had promised each other that they’d isolate themselves at some mountain cabin ahead of their drama. In which, they would be isolated. They thought it was a great way to get into character and Ji-eun was eager to explore method acting techniques.

Aerin had dabbled in method acting when she was younger, but it was a very consuming technique and took a lot out of her. Becoming a character had been easier in the past when she was tired of being herself.

Yet again, she was at a crossroads. She was forced to leave Minsook and find her own way. That was why she’d agreed to this. Some time away from Seoul and all the things that reminded her of him.

They had so many commonalities – friends and places that she needed to avoid but found herself drawn to. She’d accepted an invite last week, not realising he’d be there. When she’d tried to approach, he’d made a clear effort to walk in the other direction.

She blew out a breath and watched the puff of white escape and disappear into the air. She was seated outside the cabin, wrapped up in a huge puffy bomber jacket. She felt warm, but her exposed face was hard from the cold. They weren’t allowed phones, except for one hour in the day. She’d already used her phone that morning to speak to Shin-hye, who was on the way to join them for the weekend. They’d survived a whole week up here. She couldn’t believe how strong both had been but then Ji-eun was firm in whatever she decided to do.

Aerin thought she was the same until Minsook broke up with her. Then she became the weak snivelling woman he complained about. Enough moping, she stood and went to cut the wood for the fire. That night they were cooking over the fire to celebrate with Shin-hye. They had beer and snacks. Everything was set.

“Is this from the awards?” Shin-hye saw the bruise on Aerin’s side.

Aerin yanked down the jersey. She’d been trying to pull off the jacket and her jersey rode up. “Ajumma has wandering eyes.”

“At least Jungkook ssi was there.” Ji-eun handed each a beer and sat settled into her chair. “It’s so cold, but it’s also good.”

“It’s part of the experience.” Shin-hye agreed, “And yes, it was good that Jungkook was there.”

Aerin nodded but didn’t comment further.

“He’s’ quite handy.” Shin-hye added and glanced at Aerin, “And energetic…”

Ji-eun frowned at Shin-hye. Where was unnie going with this?

“Maybe you should date. We all know you’re a cradle-snatcher.”

“Why don’t you try it?”
“With whom?” Aerin muttered and poked chugged her beer.

“Yeah, who’s going to date unnie? Look at her…she can drink any guy under the table.”

“If she doesn’t end up there herself.” Shin-hye couldn’t resist.

“Aish!!!” Aerin stood up, “ you guys.”

“Let her go,” Shin-hye ordered when Ji-eun started to go after Aerin. “Drama, drama, drama.”

“Unni…” Ji-eun studied her senior, “What were you trying to do by mentioning Jeon Jungkook?”

Shin-hye looked surprised, “What are you talking about?”

“Alright, be like that and don’t tell me but if you are plotting then Aerin will be pissed.”

“Just drink your beer.” Shin-hye rubbed her hands over the fire.

Aerin trudged down the path until she felt calm enough. Damn that ajumma always calling her out like that. Sure, she’d been overdoing it a bit with the drinking, but she needed time to get through this breakup. She’d dated Minsook on and off for 7 years. He’d been her first and only boyfriend. He’d taken an interest in her when she was just starting out in the industry. How did she forget that?

Jungkook was channel surfing. There was nothing interesting on. He’d been twice through the channels now without finding anything.

“Give me the remote.” Jimin was annoyed. He held out his hand. Jungkook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter