Chap 10

My Secret Crush is an Ajumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook was nervous about the festival and for once it had nothing to do with their performance. He was worried that crazy people would try to attack Ae-rin again. It seemed she couldn’t go anywhere on her official schedule without people trying to throw water on her.

To make matters worse Cho Sarang had come out on social media to “beg” the public to please respect Song Ae-rin. Sarang said she forgave Ae-rin and didn’t have any hard feelings. Ae-rin would always be like a mother to her and sometimes mothers and daughters fought.

Jungkook had sworn and been in a bad mood the whole day after watching that bull of a performance. Oh, but he’d been wrong about one thing - Cho Sarang could ing act when she wanted to. She should be nominated for an award for this performance.

His emotions were rollercoasting. He’d switch from worry to anger and he had to remind himself that she’d ended things. Ae-rin was done with him. She’d bought him a hot chocolate and kissed him sweetly and apologised for everything.

He should just let it go. Yeah, what was he so hung up over? Song Aerin? She was old, now her career was ruined and she’d probably end up disappearing from the public scene. Maybe he’d run into her one day by chance in the supermarket and she’d look washed out and he’d still be in his twenties!

That got him by, right until they were both on the red carpet and she looked so beautiful that he couldn’t take it and didn’t know what to do with his eyes that kept going back to stare at her.

She wore a pants suit. Strong and probably comforting to her. She’d come with Park Shin-hye, who wore a pretty gown.

Ae-rin caught his eye and smiled. It was a knowing smile. They’d shared something once and the smile was to say, hi – I know you and you know me – and once upon a time we made love and then we had to go our separate ways, but I’ll always be fond of you.

And just like that, he was calm. All his anxiousness left his body and let go of the disappointment and pain, the anger and confusion and smiled back at her.

“Song Ae-rin!!!”

Ae-rin turned toward the voice and saw the water balloons. She pushed Shin-hye aside just in time.

“Hey…” Shin-hye yelled to them to stop but the balloons had already been released. Her face contorted in horror as some of the excess water splashed onto her. “Ae-rin…” but Ae-rin was perfectly fine but Jeon Jungkook wasn’t. His black suit was soaked through.

Jungkook looked down at Ae-rin, “I’m sorry noona. I couldn’t help myself.”

“You.” She whispered.

The media went crazy. They screamed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter