Chap 3

My Secret Crush is an Ajumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next time Jungkook saw Song Aerin was two days later at a talk show. It was completely a surprise. They knew there would be other artists and celebrities, but that it was Song Aerin and IU who were acting in a drama together was amazing.

They’d never appeared on anything together before but Aerin was a favourite of all hosts and talk shows. She was known for being a sport and trying anything but still maintaining her cool exterior and the poise of a queen.

The show was a popular activity-based show, BTS, Aerin, IU and another rookie idol group from another company were the guests.

BTS was called out last. They performed Dynamite and then took their seats, “We are so lucky.” Said the host, “this is being performed across the world and BTS is sharing their time with us.”

“We always have time for our shows at home.” Namjoon was diplomatic, “Event though we are honoured to perform abroad, we have a special place for home.”

“Ah, he speaks well.” The second host agreed, and everyone nodded, “Aerin ssi, is also known to speak well.”

“I get paid to. There’s always someone feeding me lines. Even when I order coffee.”

Beside her, IU chuckled. Aerin smiled and bowed.

Jungkook’s heart automatically sped up and he looked her way because everyone else was looking at her and if he didn’t look at her, then that would have been stranger. He tried to look at her with a sort of polite interest but then he noticed how beautiful she was in black tailored pants and crisp white shirt. Her hair was open and wavy. Her makeup was so light, it looked like she might not be wearing any. But her hair was dark, her eyebrows thick and dark, her lashes long, her eyes deep and dark and secretive.

“If I had to pick a bias?” Aerin was saying, “Isn’t it too difficult to pick one?” Aerin joked.

“Unnie!” IU smacked her leg.

“You two are close.” The host joked, “but come on Aerin ssi. You can’t escape it. This is a request from the audience. Who will the Queen of cinema choose as her ultimate bias?”

Aerin sighed and pointed, “Monday – Tuesday…”

“Stop it.” The host cackled. The audience laughed, “the poor boys are in turmoil. Can’t you see?”

Aerin nodded and lifted the mic to , “When I was in school, I used to be ugly.”

“You ugly?” the hosts didn’t believe it. The audience shook their heads.

“Aish, just go check my media accounts. My mother posts it all the time to show how I transformed.”

“What does this have to do with anything?” IU shook her head

“Be a good dongsaeng and listen to your unnie.” Aerin chastised, “Okay, okay. The point is. I had this huge hair and these big eyebrows, and everyone thought called me a witch and I never got picked and it – .” She shrugged and smiled at the BTS members, “I like them as a group. I think they are all very talented.”

“Aish, just admit you don’t listen to their music and this is the first time you’re seeing up close.” The host scolded.

Aerin burst out laughing. “Must you expose me? Ajussi!”
“What Ajussi. I’ll be calling you ajumma just now.”

Aerin pouted.

“Aigoo. She’s pretty even when she’s cross.”
Aerin winked, “It’s my strong point.”

The audience applauded.

Jungkook laughed. She was too cute and too amazing at everything she did. How did he even begin to pretend he wasn’t affected whenever she was close. He was starting to think about her even when she wasn’t around. He would search for her online, stare at pictures, wish there were more pictures and curse that she led such a heavily guarded life.

“Jungkook ssi has been very quiet.” The host commented as they moved to the BTS segment. “Are you feeling sick?”

“Ani…” he waved his hands.

Luckily Hoseok came to his rescue and told the audience how Jimin and Jungkook were performing extra hours for a Black Swan solo.

“really? Jungkook ssi how many hours are you practising a day?”

“Besides regular schedule…” he looked at Jimin, “About 3 hours in the night and early morning practice before schedule?”

Jimin nodded, “We had to go for physio. There’s a part where Jungkook ssi has to lift me…it is hard on him too.”

Aerin clutched her hands on h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter