Chap 4

My Secret Crush is an Ajumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What’s with you?” Taehyung waved a hand in front of Jungkook’s face, “I was asking if you want some of this?”

Jungkook shook his head.
“It’s your favourite.” Jin was shocked. “Are you sick?” he pressed a hand to Jungkook’s forehead. Jungkook didn’t move. He just sat there, staring blankly at Hoseok who was showing them a move they weren’t getting right.

“And pa, pa, pa.” Hoseok finished, “You got it?” he looked at the others, “Let’s try it. The awards are this weekend.”
“I hate awards season.” Someone moaned, “No sleep.”

“Let’s just get this move right and we can sleep,” Hoseok promised.

“That’s what you always say.” Yoongi said darkly, “but there’s always another move and another move…”
“It’s why it’s a sequence.” Hoseok defended.

“Araseo.” Namjoon clapped his hands, “lets…” he trailed off when Jungkook stood up with a jerk.

“I need the bathroom.” He bowed.

“Did he just bow?” Jimin was incredulous, “Guys, I think he’s sick.”

“. You think?” Taehyung was worried, “And the performance?”

“Is that what you’re thinking about?” Jin shook his head.

Jungkook splashed his face with water and studied his face. I hate you noona. I – really – hate you. He crumpled. Get out of my head, get out of me.

*******

Jeju was just what the doctor ordered, except – she was here too. Jungkook spotted her the minute they cleared customs. The other members waved and signed some autographs. Jungkook smiled at fans, but his energy was low. He forced himself to sign some autographs.

“AERIN!!!” fans screamed. Jungkook stilled and then he turned and saw Aerin coming through the automatic doors with Bae Suzy and Im Jin-ah. Were they also here for the awards? “SUZY!!! NANA!!!”

“AERIN SARANGHAE!!! MARRY ME.”  

The barrier started being pushed as fans got excited at the appearance of the three actresses.

Aerin smiled, lifted her hand high and waved at fans. Suzy showed the heart sign.

“I think they’re handing out an award,” Namjoon told Jin. Jungkook heard this and sighed. Guess, he’d just have to put up with it.

“SUZY!!”

Suzy held up a finger for Jin-ah and Aerin to wait for her. She went over to the fans to sign some autographs.

“She’s so sweet.” Jimin told Taehyung. He nodded.

Aerin and Jin-ah joined their friend.

“Suzy!!!” a male fan was at the front and when Suzy handed back the picture she’d signed he took her hand. “Thank you.” She bowed and tried to pull her hand back, but the fan was excited and jumped up and down.

Aerin caught the fan’s arm, “Here…look at me.” she snapped her fingers fast and right in front of his face and he blinked and let go of Suzy’s arm.

 Suzy stepped back and was immediately smiling and waving again. They knew how to make it seem like nothing had happened.

“Daebak” A fan who saw the incident and was shooting it on her phone whispered.

Aerin waved again, “See you all at the awards.” She turned, caught sight of BTS, bowed her head and walked off and down the arrivals terminal.

Why did she have to be so damn cool?

*******

“You’re brooding.” Jin leaned closer to whisper, “Is how I can best describe your expression. Isn’t the medication helping?”

“It is.” Jungkook forced a smile. “I’m fine you know that right hyung?”
“Yeah, I know. We all get these energy slumps.”

“It won’t last long. I’m glad I get to stay a couple of days here and relax.”
“Me too.” Jin was so looking forward to just sleeping, “come on let’s enjoy the dinner.”

Jungkook forced himself to eat. He was hungry but he wasn’t. He was also tired of making s worry about him. He needed to stop spacing out and thinking about…Song Aerin walked into the ballroom where the dinner was taking place. She was with Jin-ah and Suzy and they were seated with other hosts and award givers.

As they walked through the room to their seats, the three tall women were admired for their graceful beauty. They were all beautiful but Jungkook only had eyes for Aerin. Suzy stopped at a table opposite theirs to say hello to Irene from Red Velvet.

Im Jin-ah went ahead to their table but Aerin waited for Suzy. She glanced over at their table, registered it was them and then bowed in greeting, “Hello boys. Good luck this weekend.” Suzy was finished and they joined Jin-ah at their table.

Jungkook kept replaying it. The moment she turned, her eyes lighting up, her lips parting, the way she’d spoken, like velvet. It was so easy for her. He meant nothing to her, she didn’t even know what he’d done for her up till this point.

How many times did he help her?

Now he couldn’t concentrate, let alone eat.

Aerin had done her part. She’d said hello to the kid and s. He should know that she didn’t hold anything against him. He had sounded so offended at the talk show appearance that she felt obliged to at least show him that there were no hard feelings.

“Omo Aerin…Jin-ah” Suzy clutched her hand under the table, “Shin Seung-min is here.”

“It’s okay.” Aerin patted her hand. The Producer had been bothering Suzy for a while now. He hadn’t tried anything, but he was always around.

“Do you want to go back to the room?” Jin-ah leaned forward.

Suzy shook her head, “I’m fine.” she couldn’t help watching Seung-min, hoping he wouldn’t come to their table.

“Let me speak to him.” Aerin stood.

Suzy grabbed her hand, “Just stay still for once.” She pleaded with her spontaneous friend. “Ae…you can’t do anything here…”

“Uh-uh. This is annoying af.” Aerin dropped Suzy’s hand and made eye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter