Chap 1

My Secret Crush is an Ajumma
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The red carpet of the awards show was dotted with stars of BTS' favourite movies. It was such a privilege to have one of their songs feature in a movie and to perform that song. They were posing for the official photos when screaming fans were heard.  

Omo!” Jimin smacked Jungkook to show his excitement, “It’s Song Aerin.”

Jungkook automatically turned. He hadn’t seen Aerin since last week’s incident in the restaurant.

“And arriving now is this year’s nominee for best actress in a supporting role Song Aerin.” A journalist from a popular entertainment network gushed. “The top star looks glamorous and every bit the screen queen she is.”She really did look like a queen in a long black lace dress and a train that swept the ground.

The crowds cheered and called out how pretty she looked. Aerin smiled graciously and waved, stopping at the crowds to sign autographs and talk to fans.

Jungkook was tense but shook his shoulders and forced himself to relax as Aerin turned from the fans and walked along the red carpet.

The members bowed as she approached. Ae-rin bowed back as she passed to go inside the venue and then she stopped, “Ah, Taehyung ssi.” She greeted V who smiled warmly back, “Are you and the members performing?” she finally looked at each of them now. Her eyes fell on Jungkook but there was no recognition. He felt – disappointed.

“Yes, and good luck noona. I’m sure you’re going to win.”

“Sssh. Don’t let anyone hear you.” She teased, “but thank you. I am sure even if I lose, I will feel blessed that Taehyungah supports me.” She gifted him with a genuinely warm and appreciative smile. 

Taehyung was happy under the attention from a top star like Aerin. He turned and found his six members gaping at him, “What?”

“Uh…since when do you know Song Aerin?” Jimin demanded.

“Yeah dude, and she was so friendly to you.” Hoseok added, “Where could you possibly have met?”

“On the set of Hwarang. Noona was coaching the actresses for that role.”

“Ah, she does that sort of work too?” Namjoon nodded his appreciation, “Noona is busy.”

Jungkook was quiet. He felt wronged somehow. How could she stop and speak to Taehyung and not him? Even if it was more than a week ago. How could she be so ditzy!

The whole event he felt like he was boring a hole into the back of Aerin’s head. He noticed how she leaned her head close to Park Shin-hye to whisper something and how she’d smile when Shin-hye said something in return. She was quite affectionate with the people she knew. He hadn’t picked up on that before. She sometimes draped her arm around the back of Shin-hye’s chair to speak to the actor Park Hae-jin.

Whenever there was a commercial break, the actors would visit each other tables and laugh and joke around. It was like a different world to idol shows.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter