Punishment (2/2)

The story of us

"FOOD! FOOD! FOOD!" The boys were chanting as their coaches were handling them their meat plates.

"Have a blast guys, you deserve it", the dean said loud enough but was ignored like usual.

"Irene-ssi, say ahhhhh", Lucas offered her a large lettuce wrap that she struggled to eat. "Hyung why didn't you tell me that you're a close friend of Irene noona", he glared at Sehun.

"Would that make any difference?", the latter smirked at him.

"ALL THE DIFFERENCE! I could've been flexing that I am close to her around the guys" he pouted.

"As if she'd let you say that so easily" his hyung smirked again at him and the other boys agreed.

"Irene-ssi, say ahhhhh" Vernon from HU was sitting next to Lucas. 

The coaches thought it is rather better to make the boys sit on mixed tables from both teams. It didn't go well at first, but once food was served, everything became harmonious.

"HEY! Keep your wrap to yourself, she's my noona", Lucas pushed his rival's hand away. A starring competition between them started, so Irene decided to break it and ate the wrap that Vernon offered. "Thank you-" she titled her head.

"Vernon" he beamed.

"Vernon-ssi" she smiled at him.

"Noona I am next" Lucas was already making his own wrap.

 

"Is she looking our way?" 

"No"

"Great, let's eat this quickly then and leave the table"

Minggyu and Dino nodded and ate in silence. 

"Is there something bothering you?" Hyejin spoked suddenly, making them chock on their meat. "Am I bothering you?" she continued this time glancing directly at the boys who were sitting not far away from her, with one eyebrow lifted.

The whole table went silence. 

"H-here's a dri-drink for you Hyejin-ssi" Eunkwang, who was sitting next to her offered. 

Hyejin sighed and stood up, stretching up, she looked at the two boys, "What're your names?"

"Mi-mingyu and D-dino" they said in union without looking at her.

"Minggyu and Dino, do you know this game?" she cleared her side of the table, and started arranging plastic cups filled with Cola. She then showed them a small ping pong ball she grabbed from the DJ's table.

"Let's make a bet" she started, "If you get to score higher then me, I will grant you a wish" 

The whole table was now focusing on her. 

"A-and if we lose?" Jaemin dared to ask.

She pointed at him and he sweared he almost fainted, "Jaemin-ah, good question. The loser will have to sing to everyone...wıth a mic... up there on the stage" she poined with her head without looking back.

"That's it?" Eunkwang was surprised.

"Yupp. Simple." she smiled and she could hear gasps from the rugby players at her table.

The game ended up being harder then they thought which triggered their competitive side. Hyejin was a pro at it, she just looks at the wanted cup for a second, and next thing you know, her ball is in the same cup. Screams and booing immited from their table which attracted the other teammates who came to witness the whole competition. It took them many trials to get a hold of the game, and by the end of it, they were even.

"1 MORE POINT" Ten exclaimed.

Hyejin's turn came up and, with a confident smile, she threw her ball missing the cup. "Ooops" she reacted and moved aside for Mingyu who was already on focus mode.

"YOU CAN DO IT HYUNG!" Jaemin encouraged.

"Here we go" the player said confidently and threw the ball. All eyes were fixed on the cups with anticipation, some stopped breathing, all waiting for the final result. And the ball entered into the highest score cup.

"WE WON!!" The boys screamed and were hugging each other.

"That's a sight" Hyejin laughed at them as no one realized yet they were hugging their rivals and cheering with them. "Oh well I lost"  she shrugged in defeat hiding her grin.

"Yes you did! LOSER!" Dino pointed at her ig his lips like a gangster, then his confidence went down when he realized what he did. He bowed at 90 degree and apologized. 

"No worries" she tapped on the younger's shoulder, "So what's your wish?"

Everyone was looking at each other, no one dared to say their ideas until Jeno dared to ask, "Is it true that you're a terrible singer?" 

"How do you know that?" she was shocked and cupped to hide it.

Jeno smirked as he had hit the jackpot, "Then sing for us on stage as a punishment too" he crossed his arms proudly.

"Oh no" she bit her lower lip, "this is going to be so embarrassing"

"Come on, you lost" Minggyu insisted. The other students started cheering.

"Fine, give me that mic" she sighed and walked to the stage. She tapped it a few times to make sure it was working, "Hello, this is Hyejin, I am going to perform for you as per my tablemates request" she chuckled.

"AND BECAUSE SHE LOST THE BET" Wonwoo yelled back to confirm their win.

"Yeah, I also lost the bet. Any song request?" she shrugged her shoulders.

The audience started screaming random song names, then the DJ chose the song that was popular at that time.

"It's been a while" Jiyeon laughed and cheered on her friend.

"When was the last time she sang like this?" Irene was smiling, the memories flowing back to her mind.

"I guess two years ago, at that party" Sehun replied.

"Oh yeah..." the girl sighed.

 

"MA-RI-AH... Maria~... Maria... Maria~"  

"Wait a minute, she can sing" Jeno was dumbfouded.

"Exactly..." Wonwoo was also shocked.

"Isn't she supposed to be bad? Embarassed?" Mingyu still tying to understand.

"Jokes on you peeps, Hyejin-ssi is one hell of a good singer" Suho appeared next to them nodding his head to the music. "Johnny, are you live streaming this on social media?" 

Johnny was clearly holding his phone up and speaking to his followers when Suho stopped him, "Hyejin-ssi doesn't like sharing too much in public nor on social account, so please respect this" he was so serious. "Please make sure the others don't do the same".

Soon everyone gathered infront of the stage, dancing along, Hyejin took it to the point of doing a small performance. 

"ENCORE ENCORE ENCORE" The audience requested when the song ended and she didn't refuse it.

Three songs later, Hyejin held her hands up in defeat, she was too tired to keep going. "it's been a while" she chuckled as she went down the stage. 

"YOU'RE THE BEST" the audience screamed.

"Now now boys, if you're done eating and dancing, it's time to clean up the field and call it a day" HU's coach announced, and was met with groans but eventually everyone got their hands into work.

The singer was welcome by the freshman members of both teams, who had sparkle in their eyes as if they just saw an idol singing. "What are you looking at?" she glared at them, however this time no one winced.

"Noona, can we take a picture with you?" Jisung tagged on her sleeves. "Pleaseeee" he pouted and she couldn't say no to this.

"Okay, but please don't post it on social media, I don't like being everywhere on the internet"

"B-but..."

"Come on Jisung, let's take the picture for the memory" Chenlo convinced his friend eventually.

 

"Hyejin-ah.. it's been a while" Irene hugged her, "How do you feel?"

"Fine I guess... definetely tired" Hyejin looked away in embarassment, "Hey, do you mind if I left before you guys?"

"No go on, the boys already finished cleaning, and we will say goodbye to the other team then go home"

"Great, see you later then"

"Is she okay?" Jiyeon glanced at the girl as she walked away.

"I guess she's overwhelmed" Sehun joined the conversation.

 

 

"Hey Kyungsoo-ah, did you close the cafe yet?" Hyejin called her barista friend on her way.

"We close in four hours, it's exams week" he answered, "I will prepare your drink"

"My savior!" she could hear him chuckle.

Minutes later, she was sitting on the coffee bar next to the cashier as the cafee was full with stressed students. "Didn't you bring your laptop with you?" Kyungsoo asked as he placed the drink infront of her. 

"Thanks, and no" she took the cup of latte in her palms and admired it, "I just need a break from tonight" she sighed, her smile soon faded.

Kyungsoo glanced at her for a few minutes, then disappeared to come back with a a chocolate cake, "on the house" he winked.

Hyejin smiled widely at the cake, like a small girl who just received a doll. She didn't think twice and dug into the cake, and Kyungsoo could tell it helped her alot.

"What happened tonight?" he finally dared to ask.

"I sang... on a stage... infront of people" she replied without looking up.

"Oh.. been a while huh?" he moved to stand directly infront of her behind the counter, "how was it?"

"I have new fans from the rugby teams and freshman students" she smiled a little bit, "they even asked for a picture...At first my vibes scarred them and I felt bad for them, so decided to cheer them up for a bit. I might or might not lost the game I suggested on purpose"

"You're the sweetest aren't you?" he ruffled her hair and he got a glare in return.

"Oppa, someone asked me to give you this" a waitress cut their conversation. She handed him a paper tissue, who recognized it imediately. He opened it and then called Hyejin.

"This is for you actually", he slid the paper to her and left to take care of an order.

"Ah.. the anonymous messenger" she said. She looked behind her at the sea of students, no one looked suspiscious, it was either students studying in groups, or business man having a small meeting after work, nothing unusual. "Let's read it then"

The messaging went like this:

A:"Hey beautiful sad stranger, care to smile? It's friday night"

H:"Thanks for your concern... here's your smile :)"

A:"Did you like the chocolate cake? It's my go-to treat when I'm down... It does magic"

Hyujin looked at Kyungsoo who was busy preparing the order and shook her head.

H:"It helped alot, thanks... how can I repay you for your kindness?"

A:"How about we leave that for next time... it was nice meeting you again, beautiful stranger"

"I didn't meet them though" she snorted to herself then glared at Kyungsoo who was smiling softly at her. "Why didn't you tell me that the cake was from the anonymous sender?" 

"It was per his request" 

"So he's a guy?"

Kyungsoo rubbed his neck nervously, "Ooops, I shouldn't have told you that"

"Never mind, I'm going now, thank you for today Kyungoo-ah, see you later" she hugged him quickly and left the place.