Start of Senior Year

The story of us

September marked the start of the new year of college. Not everyone was excited, I mean who'd want summer to end just to go back to studying, right? Well, maybe few were a bit extra excited about this year, those were the seniors and maybe the freshmen.

"Hyejin! Wake up already! You have a class in 30 minutes" Irene was yelling and shaking Hyejin who was deep asleep on the living room's couch.

"Just five more minutes... The professor is probably still sleepi-" the sleeping girl moaned and hid her head under the blanket.

"Why are you yelling this early in the morning Irene? You know what.... I NEED COFFEE SO SHUT UP!" Jiyeon joined the yelling session. She wasn't a morning person obviously.

"I missed these mornings, I will cherish every moment with you starting today " Irene chuckled as she handled Hyejin her mug of coffee as the girls are now settled on the dining table for breakfast. The other two nodded in agreement while their system was still taking in the caffeine. " We're finally in our senior year! I mean you two, while i just finish my masters degree like Suho" she said proudly.

Hyejin glanced at her best friend, more like glared, she wasn't in the mood for hearing her brag. The glaring tensed and Irene could feel it from the side of her head but just shook it off. Gladly, she was saved when Jiyeon's phone starting ringing.

"Suho that jerk, what does he want now?". Hyejin sat up straight and fixed her hair when she realized it was a video call.

"Hey babes!" Suho greeted excitedly. "Yeon-ah, how are you today?" he winked.

"Shut up already" the meant girl sighed and handled the phone to her girlfriends.

"Irene-ah, why does she curse at me all the time" he pouted which only Hyejin found adorable and chuckled under her sleeves.

"She's still drinking her coffee" Irene showed him the table and then Hyejin who did a V sign at the phone. "Hey Hyejin, do you have classes today?" 

"Yeah, in few minutes, but I will ditch it, I want to feel superior as a senior student' he said proudly. "By the way, open the door, I brought donuts for you Yeon-ah!" 

At the word donut, Jiyeon ran to the door, opened it, grabbed the bag of food, then closed it back leaving Suho outside. The other girls burst out laughing at the scene before Suho managed to find the spare keys under the doormat of the girls' shared apartment.

"You hurt me Yeon-ah, I love you and this is how you treat me?" he faked being stabbed in the heart while his favorite girl just ignored him and munched on her donut. 

Hyejin, who was observing these two, sighed deep down then walked to her room. Minutes later she came back fully dressed in a casual style with a minimum makeup and her laptop bag on her shoulder as she wasn't a fan of extreme clothing and makeup on campus. She grabbed a donut and hugged her friends before leaving their dorm. She glanced one more time at Suho who was cuddling Jiyeon. 

"Wish I was her instead" she chuckled to herself but brushed the idea away, "if it's meant to happen it will, no need for those negative feelings Hyejin. Let's stay positive, it's our first day of Senior year, let's ace it!"

 

 

 

"Yeon-ah, what do you think of this?" Suho took a paper from his backpack, ruffled it as smoothly as possible and slid it in front of the girl who finally woke up. "This is the freshmen's welcoming party that HU is organizing next month... They're inviting famous Kpop groups to perform like Stray Kids and Itzy"

"Talk about the budget" Jiyeon commented her eyes still fixed on the paper scanning it. "But look at the entrance fees, isn't it supposed to be free for the university' students at least? This is how they will afford the singers"

"True" he agreed, "Thus, we have to come up with an even better plan for our welcoming party within the budget and invite a famous kpop group... and the student get a free entrance fee" 

Jiyeon glanced at him as if he said the most stupid thing in his life. "Did you hear yourself just now?" she tossed the paper at him and stood up. "I have class, imma go and get dressed wait for me"

"But Jiyeon", he only calls her like that when he's serious, and this made her stop on spot, "we have to make it happen, this is our last activity together at university and I want to make it memorable" he looked dead serious. "I want the generations after us to keep talking about it years and years later"

She sighed and walked away, "let's discuss that in our next club meeting"

 

 

 

"Morning" 

"Morning Wendy" Suho greeted her at the entrance door, "Irene's in the garden" 

"Do you live with them now? How come you're always in their apartment every time I come and know exactly where everyone is?"

"It's a secret my dear" he winked. 

Wendy pushed him aside and went to the garden where she found Irene watering her flowers and singing to them. She was dancing around the garden embracing the sun and warm weather. Her beauty was next level at that moment and the girl couldn't help but take a picture of her.

"Woah.." Wendy exclaimed at the sight, "How come she's still single?" she wondered to herself. "Ah wait, I know why" she palmed herself and walked next to her friend.

"Morning sunshine" she poked the dancing girl's side which took her by surprise making jumped to fall on the hard ground. "Ouch, sorry" she laughed at the clumsy girl. "Are you ready for class?"

"Yeah, just give me a minute to tidy up the mess"

"And this is how we're going to be late to our classes" she sighed, "hey miss OCD please hurry up!"

"Don't worry I'm almost done" she waved at her friend, "There's donuts in the kitchen, grab some before leaving" 

It took Irene half an hour just to put one item back, in the storage, well she actually found more things from last time that 'weren't in place' and just had the urge to tidy up more. "Come on let's go" she waved at Wendy who almost dozed out on the couch. 

"Did everyone leave?"

Wendy nodded while stretching out. 

 

 

 

The huge campus of SIU was at its busiest like every first day, even fiirst week of the new semesters. People were greeting each other after a long vacation without seeing their colleagues, some were being lovey-dovey as they become a couple over the summer break, others were walking to the cafeteria to grab a quick breakfast and coffee, while some were running all around already late for their first day of classes. Not a good way to start the day. 

Some second year students volunteered in helping the freshmen with a quick orientation and tour around campus, which Suho organized and was monitoring from the club room while keeping an eye at the teams walking around. He was tapping his finger on his chin, observing every club member like an eagle. 

"Geez Suho hyung, stop looking like that"

"Like what, Johnny-ah?" he answered the younger guy without turning around. 

"Like a serial killer waiting for his prey"

"Do I look like that?" he finally looked at Johnny and smiled. His eyes turned into crescent moon and the younger boy knew he angered him somehow. "Well, I was making sure that the freshmen are actually benefitting from this tour"

"They are hyung, it's not the first time you organized this, last year it was a success, I mean look at me and Jaehyun, we didn't get lost and found the administration office from the first time thanks to it"

"True, that was a success knowing you" he tapped at the younger's shoulder, "Say don't you have class now?"

Johnny's eyes widened as he checked the phone, he found tons of missed calls from Taeyong, his friend. ", gotta go... bye hyung"

"What an interesting year will it be" he sighed.