Project preparations

The story of us

The student activity club was at its busiest, with tons of papers to finish, emails to answers, phonecalls to make, and planning ahead. Irene just finished the list of the new recruit and was about to introduce them to the other members.

"Guys ,let's welcome, Jungkook, Eunwoo, Jisoo and Eunbi to our club"

"The looks" Johnny commented. 

"Indeed" Jiyeon nodded, her gaze fixed on the handsome new members. 

Suho cleared his throat and greeted them, then started the meeting.

"As you all know, we have to fix a date for the homecoming party, set a plan and find affordable solutions" he started. 

"I checked your report, and thanks to Chanyeol's connection in the media industry we might end up with something valuable... Jiyeon also did her share of calls and email, and she got a head start with a famous entertainment company that we won't reveal now"

"Hyung" Eunwoo raised his hand, "I guess I can help with that too, my brother works in a known modeling agency and has connection with other manager of music groups" 

Suho clapped and wiped a fake tear, "Great! Do your calls"

"Great first impression dude" Johnny hight fived him.

"For the budget, Irene and I were able to meet with the dean and other directors, and they have a positive outlook to our plan-"

"With one condition" Irene cut.

"We have to recruit famous idols and attract as much attention as possible to our university, and this is Hyejin and Chanyeol's part'

"Hyejin?" the new students recruits looked at each other.

"She couldn't be with us today, but you will meet her next time" Jaemin smirked. 

2 hours later of setting more things up, they decided to wrap up the meeting and call it a day, especially that midterms are coming soon. 

"I will head home first" Jiyeon notified Irene who had to stay back for extra paper work with Suho. 

 

"Hey Yeon-ah, wait for me" Suho ran after her, "I will walk you home"

"And leave Irene here alone?" 

"She asked me to leave since I was a nuisance more then help" he chuckled.

"At least you know that"

"What are you doing next weekend? After midterms" he was now walking backward, facing her. 

"No plans yet... Maybe a day out with the girls"

"Ditch them and go watch a movie with me" he stopped her by putting his hands on her shoulders. He kept looking at her like a puppy anticipating his treat. 

"Nope, my girls are more important"

"FINE! We will see!"

 

********************************

Hyejin was at her favorite cafee again, earphones on, eyes placed on her design. Whenever she was in that mode, she wouldn't realize what's going around her as if she entered her own bubble zone in that huge world. It wasn't after 3 taps on her shoulder that she realized that Kyungsoo was talking to her. 

"Oh sorry" she removed her earphones, "What were you saying?"

He chuckled at her reaction and handed her a folded handkerchief, "This is for you" he winked and walked away.

She titled her head and took the paper and opened it, there was a message written "Hey beautiful stranger, you caught my eyes and I was curious about you, how are you?"

Hyejin snorted at the message, "what the-... let's see where this is going" she spoke to herself then glanced at her surrounding to catch any suspicious person. 

"Hello anonymous sender, I am doing quite fine, how about you?"  she wrote down and went to Kyungsoo at the cashier table and asked him to play along with her after she failed to know who is the sender.

Minutes later, the waiter came back with a new message, "I am great, what are you doing on you ipad? You seem very focused"

"A nosy stranger huh?" she smirked, "Working... What are you doing right now?"

A: Anonymous                     H: Hyunjin

A: Enjoying my coffee while working before you caught my eyes... Say, what's your favorite song?

H: I don't have a specific songs, but I like Phantoms, you?

A: Same here... I could tell from the way you moved your head to the beat that you're a fan of them... what's your favorite drink?

H: the caramel latte... what's yours? And how did you know I was listenning to Phantom?

He must be nearby, she thought to herself and glanced around, but none of the costumers looked suspicious.

A: Americano is my thing... I could tell ^.~ can i know your name beautiful stranger?

H: This will stay as anonymous as you are, dear stranger... talk to you again, face to face, one day maybe.

Hyejin gathered her stuff, handled the last message to Kyungsoo, who gained a glare from her than left the cafee. He shrugged at her reaction and laughed.

"So, did you get what you want hyung?" Kyungsoo spoke to the sender of these messages.

"Not yet, but she's beautifully exciting" the sender smiled.

 

 

Irene yawned and realized it was too late now and she's still in the club room. She arranged the papers and put them back to their place and made sure that everything was right before locking the door behind her. Dragging her feet down the corridor, she halted to a stop when a light vintage paper caught her eyes. It was pinned to the announcements board. Empty just like the one she found in her locker the other day. "A coincidence maybe?".

But she couldn't stop thinking about this, and the more she analyzed it the creepier she felt, this is when she realized that she walking alone in the club department. She froze in her place then dialed a number on her phone, "H-Hyejin... where are you now? Good, can you come p-pick me up? I am still at the club department, alone, and it's creepy"

Not 15 mins later, Hyejin found Irene sitting on a bench, on alert so pale as if she just saw a ghost. "Irene-ah, let's go" she said soflty and held her friend's hand. "This is not like you, did something happen?" she asked her once they exited the building. 

The shaking girl sighed and explained her new found items. "I would never get caught in this stupid game, but I can feel that this is a creepy matter"

"It's still early to tell, maybe it's all a coincidence, and the cops, no actually, no one would take it seriously" Hyejin tapped her chin. "Look, starting tomorrow, don't stay alone, try to find someone to hang out with if we weren't available. We will pick you up after classes too."

"Huh?" she poor girl blinked at her friend who didn't make sense.

"Let's go home now Irene-ah" she caressed her back.