CHAPTER 15

EL TIEMPO JUSTO (THE RIGHT TIME)

CHAPTER 15: FINALE.

They've said, if you started to hear the wedding chimes, the bells itself would make everyone's heart go crazy but why doesn't it feel like to be going in that type of way towards her? Why is she crying? Why are their hearts bleeding? Is everything okay?

Of course not, everything was never okay, from the very start.

"I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend your wedding." A woman stopped from running as she saw the two newlywed couples from the outside of her office. "There were some things I needed to sort out for a while and I'm glad you're finally able to find... him." The psychologist opened her hand for a shake towards the man making him to smile and accepted her hand, it's been a while since the last time they have seen each other and there were a lot of differences that had happened for that short amount of time. "Can I...?" Seulgi asked as she watched the woman's huge pregnant belly.

"Sure, you can." The woman answered as she grabbed both of the psychologist's hands and put it at the top of her belly. "You're lucky, they were kicking right now. I bet they were saying hi to their aunt." The psychologist's eyes went wide as she heard the pronoun of 'They'.

"They?" She asked in confusion. "Twins?" The woman nodded her head.

"They were both girls." Seulgi's mouth dropped as she touched her belly for the one last time and shared a wish for the twins.

"Don't be too hard on your mommy okay? Or else your mom will break your father's bones, I swear to God." The three laughed and started to catch onto some things they've messed for a few months of the psychologist's sudden disappearance. Seulgi found out that Jennie chose to have a private wedding together with her and her husband's parents only, they chose to make it secretly as she was already pregnant with their first child, her partner, Jongin had also encouraged that to her woman in order to respect the side of her ex-girlfriend.

"I'm glad you understand." Seulgi said as she looked at the man sitting on Jennnie's side. "There were a lot of people who don't understand the other's situation and I am glad that you have that kind of consideration to respect her side."

"I knew Lisa had come first before me and I also know how much she loved my wife even after they parted ways and to respect that, that was the only least thing I can do for her and I hope one day she will be able to accept Jennie again, as her friend, she can hate me to all she can but that's our reality." Reality, that night still crept her out but she managed to keep herself heads up and move on from what she saw, the psychologist also accepted the offer from the psych facility, Seulgi was now holding the position of Chief Psychologist that was supposedly be given to her ex-wife who was now completely doing the job of a model and fashion director in her own company.

"Lisa's doing fine though, she's helping her father in Thailand, I even heard that they were about to open a restaurant but I wasn't able to know if she would be the one who is going to manage it there or it's her cousin." Seulgi said, as she looked at the clock hanging on her office's wall. "Jisoo will be here at any moment for sure," She stood up and fixed her coat. "Do you guys want to eat something? I can ask someone to grab you a coffee." The couple shook their head when Jennie suddenly spoke.

"Are you guys?" She raised her brows making the psychologist to know what she was pointing out, Seulgi shook her head and answered.

"No. There were some things we needed to focus on in our own ways and besides she also understood." Seulgi answered shortly, making the pregnant woman understand what the psychologist was trying to voice out. "Besides our careers are booming right now so we need to focus on things and improve some parts of it."

"You still have a chance and if ever that happened again, don't let Jisoo break it with just the judgement of the others."

"I don't think so," Seulgi took off her eye glasses and sighed. "we've already talked about it and we can remain on still being friends, I've already told her that if she would love someone again, no matter what gender that person has, she shouldn't let go with just the same reason she has plotted on ours."

"So it wasn't her now?" The woman asked. "How about the times you've spent together?"

"It's not that it wasn't her anymore, I still do love her but it's not the same as what it was before, I love her but I see her as my special friend, nothing more and nothing less." She relaxed her stiff back to her swivel chair as she felt the growing atmosphere between her and Jennie.

"About the time, you can't just say that the person you've met for years will be also the person you are going to be ending up with, I realized that it's never been the time you've known that person, it's about how you really know yourself and the happiness that you've been looking for."

"The happiness who broke my heart."

Irene.

­--

"There were a lot of things that opposed our part as the top performing psychologists here in our country and some of them were trying to provoke us from sending tons of research they have successfully finished, I still don't know why they were trying to that when in the very first place, the only thing we do was to perform our part on our field, nothing more nothing less." A man wearing his lab coat continued to talk as he blurted all the things he wanted to say from the group who were trying to true shameful bashes against their facility.

"There's nothing much we can do about that, that's what they wanted, the only thing we can do now was to do our part as a psychologist since people all knew that we are still riding the top." The man nodded his head making him turn around at his partner who was standing behind his back, Seulgi remained silent after she had, the woman looked up to see the man looking straight at her. "Yes?"

The man shook his head. "Nothing, I just came back to the time where our parents used to hate you and your whole family because of your relationship between you and my sister." Junmyeon opened the exit's door and letting the woman go out first before him, the two walked side to side in front of their facility's building as they both decided to just simply celebrate her comeback to their group. "I mean, if Jisoo wasn't really that stressed out about my father's words before then probably you two may be living their happiest life story now." Seulgi knew where the talk would end up, the failed pregnancy of her ex-wife which was still a sensitive topic for her and their divorce, the psychologist still could admit that her divorce issue with the famous model was still a huge hot topic in Korea, no matter how much she tried to avoid there were still some of the media had kept on following here wherever she goes.

It's frustrating her.

"Let's not talk about that." The woman dropped the topic abruptly. "Let's just say that I've already wanted to start a fresh beginning, that's all, besides Jisoo and I already got the closure we wanted and I've already forgiven your parents on what they have done to intervene on our relationship, they have been doing it for too long and I've already gotten used to it so it's fine, as long as my communication with Jisoo and to your clan were already clear it's fine, just please, don't bring up the topic about our previous marriage, that was still a hot topic here especially that I've already came back after the months of being silent." Seulgi said as she took her sunglasses from the pockets of her blazers. The psychologist was even proud to herself that she was able to come back to their old couple's house without any hatred building up inside her since she had already vented it out to her ex-wife while she was in Spain, Jisoo did not also mind to think about it as long as their communication as friend would still remain intact if ever the time would come that both of them would found their real partners for life.

"Arasso, arasso. I'm glad that you were able to go too far all this way alone and I hope you'll be okay anytime sooner."

"What do you mean?" Seulgi asked, making them both stop in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Are you even okay?" The man said, Seulgi raised her eyebrow towards him waiting for the man to continue on what he was about to say. "It's just, we all knew the roller coaster ride you've been through Seulgi, from going through divorce to meeting someone you merely knew, falling in love to another person and went to the pace of being broken, you're acting strange and you wouldn't be able to deny that to me, to us."

His words had made her to think about herself, it was real that she had been through a bumpy ride of her life and asking herself was a rare interaction for and her inner self to do, was she really been okay? Or was she even okay? Those were the questions she just realized for now, Seulgi knew she would be the only one who can answer those and not the people surrounding her.

"You don't know?" The two continued to walk and entered a small local café, it was just an early afternoon and there were only a few people going in and out of the place making a perfect area for the woman to organize her thoughts. "What do you want to have?" Junmyeon diverted the question as he let the psychologist choose a spot.

"I'll go with croissants and hot chocolate." Seulgi answered shortly and left. The woman fixated herself right next to the window. After she accepted the offer of Kim's, Seulgi and Junmyeon were paired to go to Gwangju-si in order to start the sister psychiatric facility that both of their families had owned, it was been quite a long time since she had started, and it felt like everything had gone too well as the rumours somehow died down after a few months of her disappearance and maybe it was also because she was too far from the mainland Seoul, media would be having a hard time to look for her nonetheless they would really strived hard.

While she was being indulged with her own thoughts, a voice of a man greeting her in Spanish had called her attention, making her turn her head around, it was the man from that night, no other than the man who had the name of Mateo Rodriquez III. "Buenas tardes, señorita." After she ran away from his fiancée's sight that night, Seulgi never dared to go back to that town anymore, she ended all the connections she had with them especially to those present in that small event. Seulgi, herself ended her communication to the businesswoman's childhood friend who always tried to call her whenever she could, making her to put up a warning for herself that she'll never do the same thing twice thinking that it was all just a trap that she did not even notice to come.

"Buenas tardes." Seulgi answered silently.

The man smiled as he welcomed himself to the seat across her. "Do you want to eat something? I'll treat yo-"

"Junmyeon already got my order, no need to do that." She faced him. "What are the things you need to say? First of all, as far as I remember I haven't told anyone about my whereabouts right now. Why are you here? If you just came here to talk about that night, drop it, I've already cut my communications between your fiancée and I, I bet she already knew about that. I'm living a low-profile life right now, so please, just leave me alone." Seulgi slammed the table and went out of his sight, the man was calling her by her name when the psychologist's partner suddenly showed on her way with their orders.

"Where a-" The woman just walked passed him and started to march out of the café but before she could even go too far from the place a hand had gripped around her wrist making her swing around to face the person who was holding her tight.

"I wouldn't let you run away from me this time." Her voice was deep and serious as she held the psychologist's hand tighter. "Just please, don't." Irene begged as the younger tried to free her wrist from her grasp. "Talk to me first." Her eyes were glistening as she looked at the psychologist but the younger had reminded herself that she would never fall for those eyes again.

Not this time. Just not now.

"What do you want?" Seulgi held the woman's hand and took it off of her wrist inn a harsh manner, it was evident that it was strong but Irene didn't even flinched while looking at the younger, the psychologist's eyes showed anger and rage which she had never expected at all, and it hurts her knowing that those eyes had never looked at her like that. "What do you want? Are you here to boast about your marriage? Are you here to say that he's better?" Seulgi pointed to the man standing in front of the café while watching them. "Of course!" Her voice rose up making them gather the public's attention. "Irene, he would always do better because I would never be him!" She sarcastically laughed off the pain building up inside her chest as Irene looked at her almost tearing up. "Just accept it, please, I've already made my part to let you go because that was the right thing I have to do, everything would never be right even if my previous marriage had never been done right. What do you expect from me? I will never be that person that would make you happy, just please, do your part, I've already done mine." The psychologist turned her back from the woman as she couldn't take it anymore, meanwhile, the businesswoman was left in owe as she looked at her lover's back walking in sadness.

"I just can't take it anymore... I can be happy for you even though it wasn't me the reason who made you laugh... I'm always okay with it..." Seulgi whispered to herself as she walked down the street with the eyes of everyone looking at her, it felt like she was walking in shame but this time, it was without her mask on, a bare face of reality that she knew one day would put her in this kind of situation.

All of the emotions were mixed up inside her, she doesn't know how to react. That would be a huge problem if she ever did.

"Irene..." A handkerchief was handed towards the older as she kept on looking at the person leaving her from behind. She was determined to do something with them and it was just so hard for her to see the woman just leaving her like that. "Let's go." Mateo whispered as he held her arm, making the woman feel the sudden burst of anger to her body.

"Get off." She said not even averting her eyes from the psychologist's back.

"You're already gathering too much attention..." The man said with the evident force on his tone. "Don't put a shame on our name."

"Then off your name, off our name!" Her voice rose up as she faced him, the man made a motion warning with his eyes to the woman but Irene did not even bother to listen. "I don't want this marriage, I don't want to be with you, I don't want to be with my family! I just want to be me..." Her face was already turning red from the hatred she had, all the things she had experience starting from the time that she was still innocent was about to erupt but Irene did not want to breakdown in front of the public, that would be huge humiliation to what she was but this time wasn't the right time to give up, this was the time that she needed to choose between the right and wrong. The businesswoman went to her car and drove off.

--

The flickering red lights, smoke and stinky bodies were bumping on and off inside the club but it wasn't the problem, it was the woman sitting at the corner looking so lost to her own thoughts. She wasn't drunk but she's facing a bottle of whiskey in front of her, there's nothing she can do even if she would waste herself in front of the liquors and waking up with an unknown person sleeping beside her if in the end, she would just open her eyes seeing the woman she wanted already marrying someone.

There's no point doing that.

"Do you mind if I share this with you." A hand grabbed the whiskey she was looking at, making her turn her head up just to see the president of Son Enterprises with her white loose long sleeves folded up to her elbows, the psychologist just looked at her before she stood up. Seulgi tried to walk away from the woman when Wendy grabbed her hand and put her back to her seat. "Let's talk, I don't have any intentions on fighting with you right now."

Seulgi sat there looking at Wendy, the woman poured a whiskey to her glass and drank it as she looked back to the psychologist who was now looking at the strangers flirting around the open house. "I just did the right thing, why do you keep on chasing after me? Was that the one you wanted at the very first place, right?" The psychologist said nonchalantly as she drank the glass of whiskey that Son prepared for her.

"That's not what I'm trying to point out, Seulgi."

"Yes it was. Don't you remember the time you confronted me for having such an unwanted desire to be with her, wasn't it the time you told me to back off? That I should have just focused on my business since I'm a divorced woman, a newly divorced one."

"Seulgi."

"What?" She answered shortly. "Just tell me what you wanted to say and leave me alone peacefully."

Wendy shook her head to her friend's tone of dismissal, as far as the president remembered, Seulgi had never been like that even at the time where she faced the downward slope of her relationship with Jisoo. She really did chance just for a person she just met.

But if you really love someone, time and years you've known that person wouldn't be enough for you to know that you really love her.

Seulgi just really felt the value of love when the businesswoman arrived and she did not even refuse to hear sudden appearance. "I'm not her to question you nor to confront you to what you have done." Wendy pulled her phone from her pocket and showed the picture of the businesswoman's arm filled with razor cuts. "I just couldn't bear to see her doing this to herself after the night you decided to leave her. Irene unnie had also decided to cut her communications with me after Jisoo told her about what I have been saying towards you. If I just caused too much blockage between your relationship with her then I'm willing to let go, I'm willing to live all of the memories we both have together as friends just in order to stop unnie from doing this to herself, she's devastated, she even refused to be taken to a psychiatrist to help her with her sanity. Seulgi, just please, if you really love her you wouldn't just do things like this so easily."

Seulgi remained silent as she just continued to get drowned by the influence of the liquor, she's getting numb, the only thing she was thinking right now was herself making the woman across her to swallow the lump building inside . "Seulgi..." Wendy whispered.

"Leave."

"Are you just going to let her go crazy?"

The psychologist did not answer.

" you." The woman left her there just like what she had requested, making the psychologist to smile slyly from the incoherent word that her friend just said.

" myself but I love her."

--

29TH OF MARCH, ST. JUSTUS CHURCH OF ALCALA DE HENARES, SPAIN

It's been a month since the last time that the psychologist's whereabouts were recorded, after Wendy decided to talk about the businesswoman's condition to Seulgi, they found out that she had withdrew her application to the Kim's and moved out after that, they've never found any traces of her, even her ex-wife confirmed that Seulgi did not even say a goodbye towards her.

She just vanished as if nothing had happened.

"Irene." Wendy said as she peeked inside the businesswoman's room, the older was just sitting in front of her mirror, fully dressed with her long white wedding dress, the woman was indeed beautiful to whatever she wears but what would be the use of the extravagant gown and beautiful appearance if the person she's marrying wouldn't be the woman she expected to be with. Irene was in grief, still praying up to the few moments before her wedding could even start that the psychologist would come and save her from this fortress she never wanted to live no more.

"What do you want?" She answered shortly as she watched the younger one go straight to her room and locked it so no one can enter.

"Please..."

"I can't. You've already known about that."

Wendy stood behind her with her hands seemed to be holding something behind her back, the president checked the woman's features as she imagined how lucky the psychologist would be if she would try to save her from this darkness. "You know what happened to Alessa and Lorraine's story?" She sighed. "They both come from different world, Alessa was a noblewoman and Lo-"

"Lorraine was just a picker, they fell in love, found each other's comfort in a short amount of time, the noblewoman had thought that the picker would be the salvation of the world she had lived for a very long time but in the end, Alessa's selfishness of letting the love of her life go had resulted her to kill her own lover her consciousness was killing her resulted for her to kill her own self by jumping off at the top of the cathedral with the thought that if she wasn't able to be with her in any sorts of time they have spent together, she would be wishing to end her life to catch up with Lorraine to the bridge of underworld hoping in the time that they would be reincarnated to a new person, they would cross their paths and sealed their love with happily ever after." Irene said nonchalantly as she took her grandmother's diary from the table, making Wendy confused on how the woman got to know every single detail about the forbidden love story of Alessa.

"My grandmother wasn't just crazy but she really dreamed about those two, I bet they found their ways to throw their curse to me since I wasn't that lucky to be with my lover." The woman laughed and looked at her. "But I wasn't able to kill Seulgi," She looked at her reflection in the mirror. "and I wasn't sure if I would do what Alessa had done to herself on the same day of her wedding."

Irene puts down the veil to cover her face before she takes a final glance to her friend. The woman smiled.

"Wendy, I don't want to die in pain. I want to die in her arms."

--

The bells of the church started to ring signalling everyone in the place that the wedding was about to begin. Everyone were wearing their best smiles so as the parents of the bride who seemed to be living the best time of their lives as they watched their daughter's silhouette standing in the doors of the church with her hand seemed to be bounded with the bouquet of flowers she was holding, her hands were holding it to tight together with her time that was slowly drifting apart as she felt her heart was already losing all of it.

"This wouldn't be happiness at all." She whispered as the butlers slowly lifted the curtains of the church entrance.

"Am I late?" A voice from afar had made her stand frozen to her feet.

"You're not..." Irene tried to say it but her voice seemed to get stuck in the lump inside .

"So if you're moving on, don't you just tell me? Or are you moving along?" The psychologist's voice had made her think twice when she felt a cold touch of a hand wrapped around her arm making her to drop the flowers she's holding.

"You're... here...?" She whispered looking at those monolid eyes of the psychologist making everyone inside the church to look at what was happening in front of them.

Seulgi smiled. "I always do."