CHAPTER 14

EL TIEMPO JUSTO (THE RIGHT TIME)

CHAPTER 14: RUNAWAY

FRIDAY. D-DAY.

No matter how much you tried to pull someone away from your system, there's still no way you can see the happiness you've been looking for when you've already found it to that person. Until the end of your life, until the brightness left your eyes, that person would remain sticking up with you because you knew that person would always have a special place inside your heart.

It was already eight in the snowy evening of Friday where the families of Kim and Kang's were gathered to come and celebrate the announcement of their families biggest business partner engagement, everything looked like just a simple meeting from a far but the simple announcement would break two people's hearts.

Would this really be their finale?

"Daehannieeeee."A smile crept to the baby boy's lips as the psychologist went to Junmyeon's wife who was sitting in the living room taking care of her child. "Can I borrow him?" Seulgi asked, making the woman smile and nodded her head, the psychologist thanked her and took the baby carefully from her mother's arms, the infant giggled making the woman laugh from his cuteness.

"You're so cute, achucachucachuuuu." The baby's blubber made Seulgi's happiness float up to the air, truly an infant can make everyone happy with their slightest smile to their most wonderful giggle.

"Yah! You're stealing someone's child, come on." Jisoo's voice waved across the living room as she saw the psychologist raising Daehan up and down making the infant giggles louder. "Aunt Jisoo's here baby, come here."

"He can't walk." Seulgi said as she tucked the baby to her arms, Daehan continued to play with her hair as the psychologist looked at the model who stood right next to her side.

"Do you think I was calling Daehan?" Jisoo answered with a sly smirk on her face making the psychologist get flustered by the woman's cheesiness, the model laughed and put her arm around the psychologist's shoulder as she looked down to the kid who was busy playing with the woman's dark hazel brown hair. From afar, bearing the pain inside her chest would be the only thing she can do right now as she watched the person she love looking like having a brand new happiness with someone, the back of the psychologist clearly radiates happiness as she held the baby to her arms though it wasn't hers but still, with her ex-wife standing right next to her side hurts her, they looked like a wonderful family if they ever got the chance making Irene to question her existence about why did she ever entered such a life of a couple when in the end of the day she haven't seen herself falling for someone who will never be hers.

She expected too much from her but little did she know that Seulgi also did expect from her.

Time really came to play them in such an unexpected moment.

"Does it hurt?" Mateo stood next to her side, she clung her arms to his and started to walk down the grand staircase. "Do something."

"I can't." Irene whispered. "It doesn't work that way we wanted Mateo, that's it. She's happy and I have to."

"So you're just going to let that happen?"

The woman did not answer as she felt the eyes of the guests looking at them, the engaged couple bowed down and greeted them a good evening, not until Irene's eyes landed to the certain person standing at the corner of the living room, just watching her in lone sight, there's no emotion at all but she was hoping to herself that she would do something to get her.

"You guys looked good." Junmyeon said out of nowhere to ease the awkward tension between the businesswoman and the psychologist. "I bet you two would make beautiful children." He said teasingly, making the crowd in the living room hyped up, the businesswoman did not like what she heard making Mateo to slightly pinch her arm to warn her.

Irene wasn't the only person who did not like that idea, the psychologist just watched the things happening around as the others continued to congratulate them. It turned out that their marriage would be setting on January, Irene's father had also announced her daughter's proclamation as the new chairwoman of their companies followed by giving the advance invitation of her wedding which will be happening on St. Justus, the church where the businesswoman reminded the psychologist that everything would be okay, because she was there.

"You're not here with me, anymore." She said to herself as she took the glass of champagne to raise a toast. "For their upcoming wedding and a prosperous health of the couple, cheers!" Seulgi said, making everyone raise their glasses and chanted the same thing as she had said. The businesswoman just gazed at her strangely as the psychologist tried to avoid her eyes.

"She's looking at you." Jisoo said as she sat next to her. "I bet she wanted to say something."

"For what? What are the words she wanted to say for me? To diss me?" The model sighed from Seulgi's form of words making her to unconsciously put her hands at the top of hers. "You know what? Let's not talk about her, I'm happy that she can stand in front of everyone without getting criticized from who she really was, after all that's what the thing I wanted to happen, to protect her from who she was." Seulgi said as she drank her champagne and glanced at the couple talking at the outdoor living alone when suddenly a figure blocked her sight, a woman wearing a coffee brown long sleeved stood in front of them.

"I have something for you." Wendy said, making the psychologist to look up to her, the woman handed a bottle of an expensive brandy but Seulgi just looked at it and back to the woman making the young Son to raise her brows towards the woman. "Aren't you going to accept this? This is for Irene's engagement and to your broken heart minus my peace offering to what I have done to your busted lips." Wendy said jokingly, making the psychologist glare at her, the woman laughed. "Chil-"

"Get out of my way." Seulgi said as she stood up and marched out of the living room.

"Come on! This is for you!" Wendy shouted, making her gather the attention of others, especially the businesswoman who had just finished talking to her fiancée. "An ."

"Shut your mouth." Jisoo said with an anger evident to her voice. "Can you just zipped your mouth for a while? You're starting a fight, don't ruin the night." Son laughed sarcastically and pointed a finger to herself.

"Me? Starting a fight? Come on, you gotta be blind."

" off, Wendy." Irene said as she stood up in the middle of the heated conversation of Jisoo and her childhood friend.

"You should teach your friend to get a better mouth." Jisoo stood up. "Seulgi might be an but she's never been as cowardly as you Wendy." Her words were deep and serious, with her sharp eyes, she left a glance to Irene's friend and left to follow the psychologist.

"What happened here?" Junmyeon and Mateo appeared. "Where are they?"

"They left, that's what they needed to do after all." Wendy waved her hand and casually walked out of the scene leaving Irene and the two men to think about what kind of drama that the three had started. Mateo looked around to see the older people busy talking back to their businesses when Junmyeon suddenly spoke.

"This things were getting out of hand." Irene looked at him in a confused look. "Why? Can't you see it? You're messing everything up, look at Wendy and Seulgi's friendship, they have never been like that."

"There's no time to blame anyone right now." Mateo said shortly as he grabbed the businesswoman's wrist and started to drag her out of the mansion.

"Stop, please." Irene whispered as the man continued to walk her out of the hacienda, the night and the heavy snow didn't affect them at all, but the woman herself was already getting tired of what was happening right now. "Mateo, please, you're hurting me." In the middle of an empty street, underneath the brightness of moonlight the man stopped. Mateo let goes of the woman's hand as he started to kick the stones beneath his feet. He's in rage, and he doesn't know why.

"What are you doing now? Are you just going to stand there? Go," He raised his arm up feeling the anger going a sugar rush towards his knuckles making him feel the urge to punch someone. " it! Just go!" Mateo shouted, making the woman to get shocked from his voice, the wind rustling to the evening sky of Alcala de Henares were also a circle of emotions that they both held, not until the man had landed his fist to a wall and started to punch it for multiple times.

"Stop it!" Irene shouted. "You were the only person who understands me right now yet you were hurting yourself! Stop it!" The businesswoman grabbed his arm and stopped him from doing it again. "Just stop, please." She whispered.

Mateo calmed down and dropped himself in the middle of the street. The blood on his knuckles had continued to drip down to his arms making the businesswoman start to get worried about his state. "Calm down, please..." Irene said as she held both of his broad shoulders, the businesswoman hushed him down before she grabbed both of his cheeks to make him face her. "I'm sorry and thank you for being here with me, Mateo, thank you for making me realize who really am I but I just can't."

"I know you can't..." He whispered as he looked at her eyes. "I've been loving you secretly for years and I know you can't. Maybe I'm too ambitious to think that I can have you but here," He pointed her chest. "There was this person who made your heart continue on beating and that wasn't me, I've already accepted that fact before I even accepted this offer from your father.

"I'm really sorry..." Irene whispered as she wiped the tears falling down to his cheeks. "but I really can't do that Mateo..."

"Just give me this once and I would understand." A pair of soft lips had landed to her lips making her to stand frozen on her feet as she felt his lips moving at the top of hers, Irene lost all of her strength and reciprocated the same amount of intensity that the man gave without even noticing the pair of those hurt monolid eyes looking at them just a few meters away from where they are.

Seulgi didn't even notice that she held the canned beer too tight on her hand, she didn't even feel her knuckles as she looked at the businesswoman who was casually making out with her fiancée in front of her own eyes. The psychologist took a deep breath that she didn't even notice that as she exhaled and let go of the heavy feeling inside her, the crumpled can of beer fell off of her grip making the two to stop from what they were doing, Irene was the first one to turn her head around and see the paled psychologist looking straight to her soul when suddenly an unknown smile came across to Seulgi's face that had made an automatic imprint inside Irene's head.

"No... S-Seulgi..." Words were not enough to define what the psychologist was feeling right now, the only thing she knew after she heard the soft voice of her lover calling her name was she's already running away from where she was with the tears continuously falling off of her eyes.

"Seulgi!" You can hear the pain from Irene's voice as she tried to catch up with the younger but her knees were already too weak from her fast running hurt lover. The businesswoman whispered to herself as her tears started to flow down out of her eyes. "I'm sorry..."

She looked at the psychologist entering her car and abruptly drove off of the town without even a single word to leave for the older woman on that tearful night.

"I've hurt you..."