Chapter 3

You Look Good In My Shirt | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyong walked out of the elevator and turned left, heading to the hotel's restaurant to fuel his body. As he entered the big dining hall his eyes spotted a certain redhead, sitting alone by the window as she chewed on her breakfast while looking at her phone. He could see her laugh at something on her phone and he couldn't help himself from smiling.

His eyes scanned the room. It was empty and the only people there were her and the restaurant workers. He went to grab a plate from the breakfast buffet and got multiple things on his plate. Hash browns, small pancakes with syrup, and more. With that he got a small cup of Earl Grey tea.

While walking towards Seulgi with his breakfast, she had looked up from her phone and noticed him approaching and waved at him.

"Good morning," she said as he placed down his plate and cup on the table.

He looked down at her plate, seeing she was almost done with her breakfast. "Good morning," he smiled. "When did you get here?" he then asked, sitting down on the seat opposite of her.

"About fifteen minutes ago?" she guessed and drank her coffee. He simply nodded at her answer and began to eat.

If he were to be completely honest, he didn't know what he had done, what he was doing, and what he would do. What was he thinking? Asking his company to hire his ex girlfriend and tell her the job was for NCT Dream just so she would say yes? And now, he had asked her if she wanted to go with him to Cambridge, alone. No one else around, just the two of them. Two exes.

He would be lying if he said he didn't feel just a little awkward at the moment. They hadn't seen each other in person for about a year or two and hadn't talked for half a year. Though he tried to move on from her, he couldn't help thinking about her every night before bed. Thinking about how she was, what she was doing, if she was seeing someone else.

He remembers being so angry at her for breaking up with him. He was probably pissed for about two months and always tried to distract himself from thinking about her. Going to the gym to take out his anger became like a habit during the time. Then, when those two months were over, he started missing her like crazy.

He missed hearing her voice every night over the phone. He missed making her smile and laugh with his silly jokes. He just missed her. And now, here he was. Sitting right in front of her, hoping she still has the same feelings for him as he has for her.

But she broke up with him. So she didn't, right?

"So, how has the tour been?" she suddenly spoke, waking him up from his deep thoughts. "I heard you guys were in Wales just last week."

"Yeah, it's been good," he answered briefly, taking a bite from his pancakes. "The time zones are pretty much the same, so compared to other tours I haven't been jet lagged at all," he then told her.

"That's good to hear," she smiled.

Taeyong felt like he was on one of those British TV programs. Eating with My Ex? Was that what it was called?

Now if he really wanted to feel like he was on that show, the first thing he would ask was: "Why didn't you stay and try to work everything out with me? Did you have to break up with me like that?"

He restrained himself from doing so. "I really liked your collection with Chanel," he complimented instead.

"Really?" she raised her eyebrows. "I was worried about the designs."

"No, no," he assured her. "They were really good. I even bought a few shirts from the collection," he added, then widening his eyes for a split second as he realized what he had just said.

She giggled softly. "I'm glad you liked the collection," she admitted.

"Of course I did," he smiled and could have almost sworn he saw the little red tint on her cheeks before she looked down at her coffee cup with a shy smile.

"Are you blushing, Miss Kang?" he and she immediately looked up at him with widened eyes.

"What? no?" she said with a hurried tone and touched her cheeks.

"No, I think your cheeks are as red as the tomatoes on my plate," he joked and she slapped his arm playfully. He laughed at her cute reaction and smiled warmly, feeling less awkward.

Memories of them two from before appeared on his mind. Although they already were in a relationship, he liked to flirt with her as if they weren't. She would always get flustered every time and he would always for it, making her even more flustered.

"I can only be happy when I'm with you," he thought to himself and now there was only one thing on his mind. One stubborn plan of his.

Start over.

Flirt.

Get back together.

——————————————

"There's my company," Seulgi said and Taeyong looked out of the window as they drove past a building with a big sign that read Jasperose.

"Damn, how many levels are there?" he asked.

"Thirty," she answered, causing him to widen his eyes. "Eyes on the road, Taeyong," she then said as she noticed he was still looking at her headquarter.

"Right," he said and turned back to the road. It was still early in the morning so the roads were pretty empty. The ride to Cambridge would probably go much quicker than he thought.

He changed lanes and drove into the motorway, stepping harder on the gas pedal. From the corner of his eye, he saw Seulgi turn to him with a funny look. He took a quick glance at her and smiled subconsciously.

"What?" he said.

"You wanted to go sightseeing and chose to drive on the motorway?" she questioned.

"Was I not supposed to do that?" he asked her, causing her to chuckle.

"We have to be there in three hours, if you drive like this we'll be there quicker than that," she explained.

"Alright, you'll have to tell me the directions then."

"Just let me drive next time," she said quietly and looked out of the window.

Taeyong felt his lips curl into a smirk at her words. "Are you implying that there's a next time, Seulgi?"

Unfortunately for him, Seulgi sat still and continued to look out of the window and he couldn't see her reaction. She was quiet for a few seconds and he began to wonder what she was thinking about, did he say something wrong? Was it too far of him to be flirting with her now?

"Do you want a next time?"

This time it was Seulgi's turn to be brave and Taeyong felt his mouth turn dry at her question. He his lips and cleared his throat, his eyes focused on the road. Yet, he could feel her victorious smile as she leaned back on her seat.

He the blinkers and changed to the right lane, departing from the motorway. "Tell me the way."

"Turn here," she instructed him and pointed to the left.

The rest of the car ride was a mix of feelings. At least for Taeyong.

He was glad that Seulgi was comfortable around him and that there weren't any hard feelings or tension between them. She h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter