Chapter 1

You Look Good In My Shirt | Seulyong
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Here is your coffee, Miss Kang,” her personal assistant, Lily, said as she walked into the office with a cup of coffee in her hands.

“Thank you,” Seulgi smiled as Lily placed the cup on her desk.

“Is there anything else you need, Miss Kang?”

“No,” Seulgi shook her head. “Go home and rest, Lily. It’s late.”

“Are you sure you will be fine?” she asked her with an unsure look.

“Are you disobeying your own boss, Lily?” Seulgi joked with the younger one, who laughed softly in return.

“Okay, I’ll get going. Don’t stay up too late, Miss Kang,” Lily said with a smile before walking out of the office, leaving Seulgi alone not only in the office, but in the whole building as well.

A yawn escaped her lips and she grabbed the coffee cup, bringing it to her lips. It was her seventh cup of the day and while she knew the amount of caffeine she had consumed was too much for her system, she still needed the energy to keep up with her last designs before the deadline.

It had been two years since Red Velvet's disbandment and while most of the girls began their solo careers and stayed in South Korea, she and Wendy were the only ones who decided to move to England. Wendy had decided to move to Cambridge and open up her own restaurant while Seulgi went to London to pursue her own clothing line, Jasperose. Thanks to her career in Red Velvet, her clothing line became very well known from day one and now, two years later, she was in the top eight fashion designers in the country and she had scraped enough money to build her own headquarter in London.

As of now she was sitting glued to her computer screen, designing the last shirt for the annual fashion show that Chanel arranged in London to show their new collections, as well as limited collections. Seulgi had been offered to design floral dresses and shirts for their summer collection and because of her hectic schedule, she didn’t have time to prepare the designs until yesterday evening. That, of course, resulted in her stressful day. But she had managed to design most of the clothes, there was just one last shirt she had to finish.

“I’m starting to hate flowers,” she mumbled to herself as she sketched a black, short sleeved shirt. She looked at her other designs. Roses, daisies, lilies, dahlias…

“Let’s put sunflowers on this one,” she thought and placed multiple sunflowers around the shirt, trying to make it look good.

When she felt satisfied with her design she leaned back on her seat and rubbed her neck, thinking she might need to go and see a chiropractor after this. She looked at the timestamp on her computer. 23:27. Good, she had more than half an hour before the deadline and began downloading the designs and compiling them in one email to Chanel. She wrote a quick letter and sent the email directly, sighing in relief before turning off the computer and grabbing all of her things.

She decided to check her phone before heading out of the office. Multiple texts and notifications covered her phone screen and she unlocked it, reading the text messages. Her lips curled up into a warm smile as she read the texts, there were only texts from the Red Velvet group chat. The girls kept regular contact with each other and would always talk about their days, even if that meant staying up late at night every day though they had schedules in the early mornings.

Her fingers typed a quick message to tell the girls about her hectic day and that she missed them. Most of the girls were on a break and they had talked about meeting up but Seulgi hadn’t been able to because of work. However, now that she was done with the designs for Chanel she could probably take a week off from her work and fly to Seoul to meet up with them.

“Maybe I could meet him as well,” she mumbled to herself as she exited the group chat and went into Instagram.

As if it was a muscle memory she immediately typed his username in the search box, checking his feed. She smiled sadly as a newly uploaded picture of him popped up at the top of the feed and she checked the caption.

Thank you for today Bangkok, hope to see you again soon!💚

“So they’re still on tour…” she trailed off, thinking about him. It had already been a year since their break up.

She went back to messages and checked her conversation with him. The last text he had sent her was five months ago. She had congratulated him and the group for winning a grammy award and he had thanked her. They hadn’t been in touch since then.

She missed him.

———————————————

The bright sunlight caused Seulgi to cover her face with her pillow. She groaned as she remembered she was too tired to turn down the blinds when she arrived at home last night, something she really regretted right now. Since she knew she wouldn’t be able to go back to sleep once she had woken up she sat up on her bed and rubbed her eyes.

As if on cue, her phone began to ring and she tiredly reached for it on the bedside table. Without looking at the caller ID her thumb swiped right on the screen and she brought the phone to her ear.

“Hello?” she spoke tiredly.

“Good morning, Miss Kang. I hope I’m not disturbing you.”

“No, you’re not disturbing me, Lily. Good morning to you too.”

“I know that you have a day off today, but you got a last minute offer this morning.”

Seulgi shut her eyes and rubbed her temple. Last minute offers meant short deadlines and after yesterday’s work she was not going to put up with that again.

“Decline the offer,” she immediately said, not even bothering to hear about it.

“Don’t you want to hear about it? They’re offering a lot of money just to have you as their designer and you will have a month to prepare the designs and outfits,” Lily reasoned and Seulgi thought twice about it.

“So,” she paused. “The deadline is in a month?” she then asked.

“Yes.”

“Alright, send me the mail and I’ll text you my answer later,” she told her and hung up. A minute later the email popped up on her phone and she began reading it.

Hello Miss Kang,

NCT Dream-

Seulgi stopped after reading the first two words. NCT Dream? As in, SM? NCT? SM?

-is having a concert tour around the UK next month and will be performing in England for a whole week. We have been monitoring your work during the years and are very impressed with your work. Thus, we wanted to ask you personally if you would like to d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter