[pt2] Paper Hearts || Jungkook

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ Vol. 2 (OPEN)

“I want to grow old with you.” Jungkook once said as he snuggled into your neck.

 

His arm was wrapped around your small waist while his other arm was a pillow underneath your head. Your legs tangled together, and your small frame perfectly matched his long frame. It felt like you were two pieces of a puzzle that fit so well together.

 

“You can’t say things like that.” Jungkook looked at you confused. He looked displeased by your answer.

 

“Why? You don’t want to grow old with me.”

 

The frown on his face made you smile; he was about to pull his arm away from you, but you held on to him tightly. “I didn’t mean it like that. I would love to grow old with you.” You said as you meet his eyes. “But you know. Human feelings are changeable. You may wake up one day and realize you no longer have feelings for that person anymore. I saw many couples lose passion and love. My parents lost it too. I hope this will not happen to us. Yet, I don’t want empty promises that would be easily broken in the future.”

 

“It will not happen to us,” Jungkook said, placing a soft kiss on your jaw. “I will love you till the day I die. I will not stop loving you whatsoever.”

 

You smiled at his words as you tilted his head close to your face, as your lips locked into a soft, yet passionate kiss. You wanted to believe him so badly. Jungkook made you want to believe in the impossible.

 

Jungkook always assured you that his love was endless. He made sure you felt loved in every way possible.

 

“Let’s not stop loving each other then.” You said as he nodded a smile drawn on both of your lips. “I will believe in this one promise.

 

~~

 

When you woke up, everything was white. You blinked, taking in the lights that were hurting your eyes. As you adjusted yourself to the unfamiliar environment, you looked around you to confirm your location.

 

You were in the hospital.

 

You were inside a room with one single sofa beside the large window and beeping machines were right above your head beside the iron bed you were on.

 

No one was in the room except for you.

 

Involuntarily, your hand reached for your stomach. A tear slipped down your cheeks as you prayed silently that the baby wasn’t gone. 

 

The door suddenly opened, revealing a nurse in the scrub with a tray in hand.

 

“Oh, you are up, Mrs. Jeon.” She said as she checked the IV drip level before closing it and removing the needle from inside your veins.

 

You looked at her with questioning eyes “please, tell me what happened to my baby?”

 

The nurse smiled as she removed the IV drips from the stand, “your baby is healthy and growing well, Mrs. Jeon.” She turned to look at you. “Thank God, Mr. Kim was able to bring you here before it was too late. He is panicking with the doctor right now trying to understand what happened to you.”

 

“What happened to me?”

 

“Severe stress. You should be careful Mrs. Jeon. It was a miracle your baby survived. You are in your early stage of pregnancy and it’s not your first baby so you should have known better. Now, would like for us to call the baby’s father?”

 

“No,” you said quickly that the nurse’s eyes widened for a second, but it was so quick it could barely be noticed.

 

“Of course, as you wish. Would you like me to call Mr. Kim?”

 

“Yes, please. Thank you.”

 

“All right then,” the nurse took her stuff and walked directly to the door.

 

You didn’t want Jungkook to be involved in this. You were scared he would assume you only told him now to prevent him from leaving you. You couldn’t stop him if he didn’t want to be with you anymore. From your parents’ experience in divorce, you knew there was no use in holding onto someone who wanted to leave.

 

Seconds later, Taehyung entered the room. He could look into your eyes as he said, “How do you feel now?”

 

“Better thank you for saving me.” You smiled at him hoping he would catch it with the side glances he was giving you.

 

“You scared me; you should have called Jungkook.” He sighed, shaking his head.

 

“I am sorry for bothering you. Were you busy?”

 

Taehyung snapped his head up as he finally looked you in the eyes. “That wasn’t what I meant. I am glad you called me. I told you before I would always be there for you.”

 

“Thank you, Tae.” You called him by his nickname after so long that it felt familiar yet strange on your tongue. However, he smiled, and all the awkwardness was gone. “What about Nabi?”

 

“Jimin was with me when you called. He stayed with her. Don’t worry, she is still sleeping. He just called me.”

 

You sighed in relief as you leaned back on the bed.

 

“Congratulations. You are expecting your second baby. I bet Jungkook is so happy. That brat didn’t tell us”

 

You grimaced at the thought. Would he really be happy?

 

“He- he doesn’t know. I told no one yet.” Taehyung gave you a questioning look but decided to push things aside “You didn’t call Jungkook, did you?” 

 

“We tried. Both Jimin and I were panicking. You suddenly fainted, we thought you weren’t breathing. Nabi was sleeping like an angel, knowing nothing. But he didn’t reply.” He waited for a second before asking. “Are you fighting?”

 

You looked at Taehyung with sad eyes. Taehyung was someone who loved you way before you fell in love with Jungkook. However, you were clueless and only saw him as a friend and a family member. He surprised you on your wedding day with his feelings. It was heartbreaking not knowing someone’s feelings, especially if they are close to you. He told you that his feelings were on him, and he didn’t tell you so you will not get confused. He said he was confessing to being able to get rid of his feelings towards you.

 

It was a shock. After that day, you rarely spoke to him. Only when the guys were meeting, was he there. And each time, his feelings could be seen in his eyes.

 

Now he was looking at you with the same eyes, you wondered if he really got over you.

 

“We… well” you took a deep breath. Words would not form in your mouth. “Jungkook decided to find a different path in our relationship. He said he didn’t cheat” you scoffed, biting down on your lips. “But he left me so he could be…” you gulped hard. “Be with someone else without cheating, I guess. By ending things with me.” You saw Taehyung’s expression changing into a shocking one. His eyes widened and deep lines were now visible between his eyebrows. He was so angry. “So please Taehyung, you know your friend. Please don’t tell him about this.”

 

“What the hell is he thinking?” Taehyung slapped his hand against the wall beside him.

 

“Turns out falling out of love is really a thing.” A tear dropped from your lifted eye. “And growing up old together is a myth.”

 

“He is hurting you.” Taehyung’s expression told you that he was hurt too. “He is… leaving you. You love him so much.”

 

“It wasn’t enough. My love wasn’t enough.”

 

“I will kill him.”

 

You smiled because you knew he would not. Taehyung adored Jungkook. He loved him more than he loved himself. That was the main reason he never tried to make you fall in love with him. Jungkook was the little brother whom he was always ready to protect. Watching him standing by your side now, made you believe that you aren’t alone

 

“Thank you for saying that. Thank you for today, Taehyung.”

 

~~

 

Nabi was watching the TV when you came back home. The doctor told you to take vitamins and rest well with no stress or pressure. He said there was no need for you to stay in the hospital anymore.

 

Jimin was sitting behind Nabi on the sofa while she was sprawled over her playing mat on the ground. Chips crumbles were everywhere beneath her small feet. It seemed like Jimin got her some snacks.

 

When he saw you, he jumped from his place and ran to you. Arms wrapped around you, and you let Jimin hug you for a few seconds.

 

“Taehyung told me.” He whispered in your eyes. And from his grip, you could tell he was feeling sorry for you.

 

You glared at Taehyung who was making his way to Nabi. He sat beside her before pulling her into his lap.

 

“I told you not to tell…” you scolded him but raised his eyebrow, giving you a clueless face.

 

“I thought you only meant Jungkook.”

 

“I am really sorry, Y/N” Jimin apologized finally letting go of you. “I don’t know why he did that. He loves you so much. I don’t believe he would do that to you.”

 

You gave him a sad smile before shaking your head. “I don’t want to talk in front of Nabi. She picks up what she hears now and repeats it. I cannot put her into this.”

 

Jimin nodded in understanding, before hugging you one more time. “I must go now. I have the stuff to sort out. Call me whenever you need someone, I will be right here for you. Glad you are okay now. And congratulations.”

 

“Thank you, Jimin.” You patted his back before he pulled away

 

“Are you not coming?” Jimin asked Taehyung who was busy with Nabi.

 

“Y/N will need my help today. I am staying for a bit.” He looked at you, “If you don’t mind.”

 

“I would use your help.” You smiled, nodding.

 

“Okay then, I really have to go now.” He patted your shoulders before leaving.

 

When the door closed behind him, you looked at Taehyung who was already making himself at home. He was playing with Nabi’s little fingers, and she was laughing so hard and squirming in his arms when he blew air into her small feet.

 

You bit down on your lower lip to prevent a sob, imagining it was Jungkook and your daughter instead. Their laughter always filled your heart with warmth. Involuntarily, tears formed in your eyes. You will not get to see that scene ever again. You will not see Jungkook loving or adoring you anymore.

 

Even though the doctor advised not to stress, it was so hard to ignore the agony and pain in your chest.

 

Since Taehyung had no plans to leave, and you needed him to distract Nabi for a little bit, you walked into your room and buried yourself in your bed.

 

Maybe a little bit of sleep would help you to focus on your new reality and life.

 

~~

 

Jungkook wasn’t sure if what he did was the right thing to do or not. Either way, he knew he was going to hurt you. He tried to keep his distance for the past two months, in the hope that his feelings would be sorted out. However, he couldn’t keep the feeling of guilt away. He was being attracted to someone else and he knew he shouldn’t.

 

It was out of his hand.

 

She was beside him when he needed someone the most. On the other hand, you were already busy with Nabi. Whenever he wanted to share something with you that bothered him, you looked at him with this beautiful, tired smile. It had eaten him inside out. He was extremely sorry towards you for not being able to help, at the same time he didn’t want to burden you more with his own problems.

 

And then she appeared in his life. She was listening to all his problems and made him feel better. He found himself, smiling whenever she appeared in front of him. In contrast, his heart would become heavy as if his heart were replaced with stone when he saw you and Nabi. It was as if when he was away, he would forget about his life and reality for a second. And you always reminded him that he failed as a husband and a father.

 

He found comfort somewhere else. Someone whose focus was only on him.

 

Yet, looking at the paper in his hands, his heart was squeezing so hard in his chest. He didn’t realize it, but his hands were shaking. Nabi’s sleepy face and your teary eyes hunted the back of his vision. The way you held in your sob and your tears from falling shattered him into pieces. He had no right to break over it. He was the one breaking you apart.

 

Never had he ever thought he would break you like that. He saw you shattering like glass in front of him and he couldn’t do anything. It was the first time he had ever seen you breaking like that. You were always strong and had a smile on your face. You took in all hardship and absorbed it fully, without showing how it had affected you.

 

That is what annoyed him the most. That is what made him feel useless, unwanted, and hopeless in this household.

 

He thought his presence wasn’t necessary. Maybe if you had shared your problems with him, it would never have been hard for him to do it too.

 

Something inside of him told him that what was going on between him and that girl wouldn’t last. He could not have divorced you and just let it be until his trivial feelings towards her are completely gone. His life with you was much greater than that. Two years of dating and five years of marriage. Seven years of being with you. These trivial feelings shouldn’t have destroyed it. Nevertheless, he couldn’t bring himself to do that to you. It would have meant that he was cheating on you. And you didn’t deserve it.

 

He felt like trash. Walking human trash who hurt the people who loved him. You were better off without him in your life. Or so he believed.

 

“Oppa!!” Jiya called snapping him out of his thoughts. He looked at her and smiled as he threw the divorce paper on the back seat. What was done, was done. No return back now. “You are all mine now, you should stop thinking about her.” She used her cute voice which made him smile more. “I will be mad.”

 

“Don’t be mad.” He said reaching out to her and patting her on the head. “Jiya, you know. I must see her from time to time. I still must-see Nabi. She is my daughter.”

 

“Of course, I know that.” She rolled her eyes, with a sigh. “Do you think she will like me when she sees me?”

 

Jungkook’s eyes widened. He never had ever thought about introducing Jiya to Nabi. He never had ever thought that Jiya would have that huge part of his life. “Look!” He sighed, shaking his head. “I don’t wish to confuse her. I don’t want her to feel like I left her for someone else.”

 

“But that is what you happened.” She raised an eyebrow at him, in denial. “You left your wife and daughter for me.”