Paper Hearts || Jungkook

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ Vol. 2 (OPEN)

Every beginning has an end, and every end is the beginning of another story.

 

You thought your story would be endless. Five years ago, you got to finally marry the love of your life. The one whom you swore to stand by no matter what happened. The one who seemed so far yet so close. Your best friend and your support system. You thought this was the ending and the new beginning of your never-ending story.

 

Getting married to Jungkook was never easy. Considering his career and popularity he had to keep you a secret for a while, and marriage was never something easy to accept by his agency or his fans. However, he never gave up on the family you promised each other to make. Such a beautiful love story. Everyone was talking about it everywhere. The love story of BTS Jungkook and his non-celebrity girlfriend. The child who will grow up in a loving family.

 

Such a beautiful love… Such a beautiful family…

 

Then how could it end in such a way?

 

You looked at the paper in front of you on the dining table. Your eyes were watery, and your breath was caught in your chest. The paper wasn’t clear except for two heart-aching words. Divorce application form. Jungkook, your loving husband, the husband who loved you the most, was giving you a not-so-loving look. His face was grim with something that you couldn’t point out. Something empty and cold.

 

You have sensed that something was wrong for a while. You tried to talk to him about it, he dismissed your concerns. “Just work stress.” He’d spoken.

 

But it was more than work stress. Two months ago, he stopped playing with your daughter. He always came super late when you had already gone to sleep and left early before you woke up. Many other days, he would sleep out with one of his team members. “We finished late and had to continue work in the early morning. It would be a waste of time to go home for two hours only. I need to sleep more than that.”

 

With each excuse, your heart was breaking. Nevertheless, you decided to be patient. They were preparing for a huge comeback after a long break. They didn’t want to disappoint their fans. Especially Jungkook. He had to work harder, for him to prove that his marriage didn’t really ruin his image as an idol. The pressure on him was too much, you wanted to support him. So, you let him be. You broke your own heart, for him. For his sake. It was just for a small period.

 

Never have you ever considered that he was preparing himself for a divorce. Never have you ever considered that he would leave you and your daughter.

 

You thought your love was much bigger than that. You passed through so many hardships that an end to your endless seems… ridiculous.

 

“Is this your April fool joke?” You tried to smile, to deny your reality.

 

Jungkook ran a hand over his face that slid into his smooth hair to rest on the back of his neck. “I cannot do this anymore. It’s too much for me.”

 

Your mouth dropped in an O-shaped, shocked. “Too much for you?” You couldn’t prevent a sob from skipping your throat. “Have I ever done something wrong?” You couldn’t think of anything you had done. No matter how much you thought about it. There was nothing. You were always trying to be as understandable as you could be.

 

“It is …” Jungkook gulped before shaking his head. “I am sorry, Y/N. This marriage was the biggest mistake of my life.”

 

Your eyes widened and you were shaking hysterically. You haven’t noticed the young human being standing by the door until you heard “Mom” in a small voice.

 

Your chair fell on the floor and there was a loud thud when you stood suddenly in surprise and disbelief. Nabi was standing by her bedroom door. Her small frame couldn’t be seen until now. She was only four years old, and she had to listen to her father saying that to her mother.

 

Tears were now running down your cheeks as you ran to your daughter before shooting an angry look at Jungkook, who was now standing in disbelief too.

 

“Why? Why are you up, Nabi?” You asked her, wondering how much she had heard.

 

“I was sleeping.” She said in a sleepy voice. “I want to pee.” She looked at you. Her small hand reached for the tear on your cheeks as she wiped it off. A gesture you always made to her when she cried. “It will be okay, mom. You are okay, mom.” She repeated the same words you would tell her when she fell to the ground and started to cry.

 

If there was a sound for the heartbreaking, you could hear it in your chest. Your heartstrings were pulled so hard that they started to pull off from their place. Leaving your heart without strings for it to sing anymore. Like a broken guitar, your heart had become.

 

“That’s true.” You nodded, trying to swallow away from the pain. “I will be okay. Let’s go pee, Nabi.”

 

She looked over your shoulder and smiled at her dad. “Dad is here. I want to play with Dad”

 

“Next time, butterfly. Next time I will get you something nice to play with.” Jungkook said behind you. You refused to look at him. If you did, you weren’t sure what you would say or do. The whole situation was ridiculous to you. How could a single person decide to break down a whole building after working on building it for so long?

 

“Dad hates Nabi,” Nabi said as tears started to form in her eyes too. “Dad isn’t playing with Nabi.”

 

“Dad is just busy. He loves you.” You assured your daughter of the fact that it should never change. If Jungkook’s feelings toward you had ended, his love for his daughter would never stop. You were telling Jungkook that his daughter didn’t deserve to have a broken family suddenly.

 

You stood up on your feet, with your daughter hanging in your arms. “I will take her to the bathroom and put her in bed. Wait for me, I will sign the paper for you.”

 

A relief look was placed on Jungkook’s face as he mouthed a thank you. Your stomach twisted in the most horrible way ever.

 

If Jungkook was ever forced to marry you, he wouldn’t look as relieved to get rid of you as he did right now.

 

~~

 

 After your daughter when back to sleep, you and Jungkook sat on the sofa. The very first furniture you bought with him for this house, for this family. Each of you was sitting at the very end of both sides of the sofa. As if you were the same pole of magnate that kept pushing each other apart.

 

“I will sign the paper for you Jungkook.” You said again after a moment of silence. “I just want to know, why? You didn’t even consider Nabi’s life living in a broken family. The poor girl.”

 

“I am sorry, Y/N. I know I am being selfish right now.” He said in a small voice. “It’s that I kept feeling that we will not work anymore.”

 

“You don’t love me anymore?”

 

“I do love you. You are my first love, my best friend, and my… wife…my daughter’s mom.” With each word, his voice is becoming smaller and smaller. “I love you, but not in the same way anymore.”

 

“You…” Once again tears were threatened to fall down your eyes. “You haven’t even tried to fix that.”

 

“How can you fix someone’s heart?”

 

“Jungkook, you could have talked to me about it. You could have just said something, we can find a solution together. But this…” you stopped, to stop yourself from breaking down. “This… you made the decision on your own.”

 

“I made the best decision.” He sighed as he pushed the paper towards you. “Please sign them, let’s break free from each other.”

 

You couldn’t believe him or his words. He was acting as if he were in a prison and divorce would set him free. This was all a joke. You wonder where his love has gone to.

 

“You…” You collected yourself, as you met his eyes that you were avoiding for so long. “You are in love with someone else, aren’t you?”

 

He didn’t say anything, but you could see it all in his eyes. The regret of falling out of love on his own, him falling in love with someone else. His love wasn’t for you anymore, you could tell. He was about to apologize again but you shook your head interrupting him.

 

“DON’T.” You snapped, as your body tensed in its place. “Don’t apologize Jungkook. You can’t fix someone’s heart… right?”

 

After a long silence between the two of you, your tears dried down your cheeks as your reality hit you. You just woke up from the fairy tale world you were creating for yourself. You weren’t as special or lucky as you thought. Just another human being living in a cruel world, with cruel human hearts.

 

“Can we at least make things seem normal? For Nabi? She is just 4 years old. She needs you in her life. Don’t abandon her too.”

 

“Of course, I will always be here for her.”

 

“Promise?”

 

“Promise.”

 

You sniffed before reaching out for the pen and signing the divorce paper. Once again, your love for him broke your heart. You couldn’t hang on to him if he wanted to leave. If he already had someone else in his heart, there was no need to try and make things work with him anymore.

 

“Thank you-”

 

“Please stop!” Your voice was higher than you intended. “Stop, you are literally destroying me right now. So don’t thank me, Jungkook. Don’t.”

 

“Can we at least stay friends?” He asked and you gave him leaser eyes look.

 

“Please leave, you probably don’t want to make her wait for you.”

 

“I didn’t cheat on you, Y/N.” Jungkook said, “I have never cheated on you. This divorce is because I don’t want to cheat on you.”

 

You rolled your eyes as you pushed the paper to his chest. “We are done here. Enjoy your night with her.”

 

Biting on his lower lip, he stood up as he walked out of the door, closing it behind him carefully not to wake your daughter up.

 

You could feel the vibration of the door closing beneath your feet that was touching the ground. Once Jungkook was gone, the realization hit harder. There was no more Jungkook in your life. You were alone in this world. The one true love in your life left you thirsty in the ocean with no drinkable water.

 

You tried to stand on your feet, but they also betrayed you. You had no strengths whatsoever in your body anymore. 

 

A sharp pain suddenly snapped in your stomach. It was so painful your eyes blurred for a second. Panicking, you reached for your phone to call Jungkook for help. However, calling him wouldn’t do him any good. Even though he was the fastest option, he was the most difficult option. Instead, you called the person whom you haven’t called for 5 years. Your friend whom you lost as time passed by.

 

The pain was getting worse, it was impossible to bear when the person finally picked up the phone call.

 

“Y/N?”

 

“Taehyung, please.” You breathed hard. “I don’t want to lose this baby. Please help.”

 

The phone dropped to the ground as you lost your focus. Tears streamed down your cheeks as you rested your head on the back of the sofa.

 

You really didn’t want to lose the baby that you kept inside of you for three months now. It was the last thing Jungkook gave to you. You cannot give up on it too.

 

Closing your eyes, trying to distract yourself from any negative thoughts, you hoped that Taehyung would arrive as soon as possible.