[pt 4] paper hearts || Jungkook

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ Vol. 2 (OPEN)

“Oh my god, it’s so cute.” You screamed as you put your hands together on your mouth to hold in your scream from being too loud.

 

“Do you like it?” Taehyung said as he showed you another picture on his phone.

 

“It’s the cutest thing I have ever seen.” You squirmed in your chair. “Did you name it?”

 

“Not yet. You can give it a name.”

 

You shook your head as you pushed the rolling chair you were sitting on backward. “No, no. It’s a responsibility. I can’t give it a name.”

 

“I know you will give him a pretty name.” Taehyung pouted as he pulled your chair closer to him to show you another video. Your heads almost touched from how close you were sitting. You couldn’t help it since you were looking at the same small screen. “See, I know you like it.”

 

“Very much.” You giggled. “So maybe you can name it - “

 

Before you could say it, the studio door snapped open, as Jungkook exchanged a look from you to Taehyung. From the way his eyes darkened, you could tell something was bothering him.

 

“Oh, Jungkook…” you started to say, as a smile spread on your face. “Taehyung was showing me his new dog. It’s so cute.” You chuckled to yourself but stopped when Jungkook didn’t smile.

 

“Why are you here?” He asked firmly, not looking at his friend and teammate.

 

“I came to see you but found Taehyung instead.” You said, with a warm smile on your face. “I also brought you the lunch. I made it.”

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes as he pushed away his rolling chair before standing up. “Text me the name, Y/N.” He told you with a smile and you nodded excitingly before he made his way out of the studio room.

 

Jungkook walked in as he sat on Taehyung’s chair and pulled you closer to him so that his legs tightly closed over yours. “Why didn’t you call me?” He asked teasingly as his hand reached to your hand that was placed on your lap.

 

“I caught in a conversation with Taehyung.” You confessed as you searched for his expression. He was analyzing your face too. “Are you Jealous?”

 

“Me?” He scoffed rolling his eyes as he let go of your hand, but you held tightly on to it.

 

“You are Jealous, oh my god.” You chuckled as you couldn’t keep away your smile.

 

“Can you blame me? You are so close to Taehyung.” He confessed. A sigh skipped his mouth. “I almost feel there is no place for me next to you. I want to be your best friend as well as your boyfriend.”

 

“You are my best friend Jungkook.” You pulled his other hand in yours. “And you are my boyfriend. Taehyung will never be my boyfriend. You are the one whom my heart beats for.”

 

“Really? Your heart never skipped a beat for Taehyung?”

 

“Never. I only love you. You are my first love, and I am making you my last and only love.”

 

Jungkook’s arms wrapped around you as he pulled you in for a tight hug.

 

At that time, you found Jungkook’s jealousy cute. He was jealous of your close relationship with Taehyung. You once were also jealous of how that girl in the company always spoke cutely when Jungkook was around her. She annoyed you to the point you wanted to slap her. But then, Jungkook would always search for you in the room and smile. He acknowledged your presence and you appreciated it. Loved him for it.

 

At that time, you thought your feelings for Jungkook had truly reached him.

 

~~

 

“Is it Taehyung’s?” Jungkook asked as he stared down at you.

 

Clenching your fist onto the hospital sheet, you looked away from him. You refused to answer such a groundless question. He wasn’t just asking a question; he was also accusing you of cheating on him.

 

“Why did you want the divorce, Jungkook?” You asked, before daring to look at the man who you thought was actually in love with you. You no longer knew if this man ever existed.

 

“As I told you, I didn’t want to cheat you on.” He was the one to break away from your eye contact.

 

“Have you slept with her?” You asked in a small voice.

 

“Have you slept with him?” Jungkook asked back, daring to meet your eyes.

 

“Jungkook!” You firmly said his name as if you said it in this harsh way, he would understand the weight of the situation. “Have you slept with her?”

 

“I…” he gulped, before cursing underneath his breath. “I… it was… damn it.”

 

You refused to cry this time. You refused to let him win this time. He broke you enough and you wouldn’t allow him to continue that. “You did.”

 

“It wasn’t like this.” Jungkook harried his words as he took a step towards you. However, he stopped midway when he realized that he had indeed cheated on you. He did it and divorced you since he knew this would be the end of your relationship if you found out. He knew that he screwed up this relationship and this family. “I was really drunk. I don’t even remember how that happened. I don’t remember any of it.”

 

With the nearest pillow beside you, you threw it in his direction. It landed perfectly on his face before it slid and hit the floor. Your breath was shaking as well as your hands. You were fighting against your own feelings. You were fighting the love you had for him. The love that was now replaced by hate and regret.

 

Jungkook just took the hit and froze in his place. He didn’t say anything. Just stood like a statue, staring at the empty space on the floor.

 

You took a sharp breath as you nodded. “The baby is yours.” You said as you looked at him. “I never slept with anyone except for you, Jungkook. You are the only man I love. You were the man I loved. I wanted to tell you before, but I didn’t get the chance.” You smiled at him and involuntarily tears started to form in your eyes. “You were running away from me for two months. I assume you slept with her around the same time.”

 

“Y/N, I…” he looked at you, and for the first time, he had tears in his eyes. “The baby… oh god. Nabi...” He took a sharp breath. His shaking hand reached for his mouth. “What have I done?”

 

“I am glad you initiated the divorce.” You nodded. “You did the right move Jungkook. You couldn’t be a good husband. At least be a good father. Let me rest I don’t want to lose a child.”

 

“I am sorry, Y/N” Jungkook said finally. His eyes were red and glossy with tears. “I didn’t mean to do it to you. I know what I did was wrong. I cannot forgive myself. Ever.”

 

“Please leave Jungkook. I want to be alone.” You looked away, unwilling to see his tears and sadness.

 

He had put you in agony for days and only did he realize how wrong he was.

 

You couldn’t forgive him for cheating. Most importantly, you couldn’t forgive him for disgracing your love for him like this. Accusing you of cheating because he didn’t want to be the one at fault alone.

 

When Jungkook left, you stared up at the ceiling, recalling all the lovely moments with him when you felt most loved. You decided to only think of these moments for the time being for the sake of your baby. Ignoring the heartache of the love you just lost.

 

~~

 

Two months ago

 

Jungkook was having a tough time balancing between practice and his duty as a husband and a father. He wanted to spend as much time as he could with his family, yet practice took up all his time.

 

When he called you, you would always say that it was fine, and he didn’t need to worry. You said that you would always wait for him to come back home and welcome him with open arms. Yet, you would fall asleep from exhaustion on the sofa that he would feel so bad to wake you up.

 

Deepened in his thoughts, suddenly a cup of coffee was placed in front of him. He looked up to find Jiya, an officer who worked in the company. She was one of the PR team and the one who always cared a little bit too much about his well-being.

 

“Thank you.” He said as he held the cup of coffee in both hands.

 

“Deep in thoughts?” She raised an eyebrow, before placing herself in the chair next to him. “You can talk to me. I am a good listener.”

 

“You will not understand.” He sighed as he gave her a polite smile.

 

“Try me.” She gave him a challenging look as she sipped from her coffee.

 

“I am just a little bit worried about the comeback. It’s in five months and there is a lot for us to do.” He sighed, shaking his head. Worry was fogging his mind.

 

“Speaks the one who does everything perfectly.” She chuckled as she placed her cup of coffee on the table.

 

They were sitting in the pantry. This place was like an escape for most of the employees working in the company. It was supplied with fun stuff like coffee machines, a soft sofa, fluffy cushions, a PlayStation playground area, a baby foot game, and an air hockey table. Whenever an employee felt like they needed a break they would go to this room. Sometimes, idols use it too.

 

“That’s why I am more nervous and more scared,” Jungkook confessed. “People are expecting too much from me. They will be disappointed. I don’t want to fail them.”

 

“You will not fail anyone.” She gave him a big smile. Jungkook wondered where she got that confidence in him.

 

“Oh, right. Since you are that stressed, a little break would refresh your mentality.” Suddenly she suggested as her smile widened. “Next week we are going to the beach with my team. Maybe if you want you can join us.”

 

“I cannot do that,” Jungkook said as he raised his hand showing his wedding ring.

 

“Don’t be such an old-fashioned guy.” She chuckled, shaking her head. “You also need a little break away from your wife. I bet she is also another reason you are so stressed.”

 

“No, she isn’t.” Jungkook shook his head as he started to stand up to leave.

 

“I will send you the details. I know you will join us.” Jiya called after him, as he walked out of the pantry and disappeared behind the walls.

 

Jungkook thought he would never leave you and Nabi and go for a break escape alone. This would be so unfair to you.

 

~~

 

“Told you, you will come,” Jiya said with a smirk, Jungkook felt his cheeks burning hot. And the fact he was embarrassed and blushed surprised him.

 

“I really wanted this break as you said,” Jungkook said, trying to hide his burning cheeks. “Where are the others?”

 

“They will join us later.” She said as she placed her suitcase in her car. “You will come with me, right? You will leave your car?”

 

“Yeah, there is no need for another car with us.” He handed her his bag as he hopped in the passenger seat. Before Jiya got into the car, Jungkook had sent you a text message.

 

[I think I will be away for two days. A work trip with the PR team.]

 

Seconds later you replied. [Take care of yourself. Don’t stress out because of work too much.]

 

At that moment, Jungkook believed that he didn’t lie to you.

 

When Jiya and Jungkook reached the resort, they were going to stay in, no one from the PR team was there yet. Jungkook started not to feel comfortable as he was sitting on his bag in front of the resort entrance.

 

“If no one is here, let’s go back,” Jungkook said, a frown already on his face. He was already regretting leaving you alone with Nabi.

 

“Don’t be such a party pooper. If no one is here, we shall have fun on our own.”

 

“Sorry Jiya, I don’t think I can do that.” Jungkook shook his head as he was already opening a taxi service app, since Jiya wasn’t planning to leave.

 

“You are already here, Jungkook.” She said cutely as she pulled the phone away from his hand. “Please, please, please.”

 

“Call them then and see when they will join us.” A smile spread on Jiya’s face as she nodded, before returning the phone back to Jungkook.

 

“I promise you; you will not regret staying.”

 

~~

 

The next day when Jungkook woke up, his head was hurting too much. His eyes took a few seconds before adjusting to his surroundings and making sense of his whereabouts. It wasn’t his bed, which was something he had already noticed.

 

It made him remember that last night was chaotic. Events from last night flashed in his head like cuts from a movie. The PR team never showed up as Jiya said they would. Both Jiya and him drinking and laughing over stupid stuff.

 

Jiya kissed him out of a sudden.

 

He froze in his place, not knowing how to respond.

 

She kissed him again, only that this time he remembered kissing her back.

 

He closed his eyes tightly, trying so hard to remove this kiss from his memory. What the hell happened last night?

 

Another flash of memory of him carrying Jiya to bed. NO!

 

NO!

 

NO!

 

NO!

 

What happened after that?

 

He couldn’t remember. His memory was just cut short at this moment.

 

OH MY GOD. What has he done?

 

Jungkook slapped his head with both of his hands. He was only wearing his underwear. He refused to believe that something had happened last night until the bathroom door opened, and Jiya came out with a bathroom robe wrapped around her figure. “Good morning, Jungkook.” She walked to him as she sat at the edge of the bed, her arms suddenly wrapped around his neck as she placed a kiss on his lips. “I hope you slept well.”