[pt 5] Paper Hearts || Jungkook

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ Vol. 2 (OPEN)

It was weeks after your honeymoon when you asked Jungkook while having dinner in a fancy restaurant. He wanted to celebrate with you being married for 100 days. “What would you do if I ever caught you cheating?”

The question was random, and Jungkook gave you a confused, half worried look with a questioning smile. “Why would you ask that?”

“You know…” you were playing with your food, embarrassed of asking such a strange question on a celebration diner table. It wasn’t like you didn’t trust Jungkook, and you trusted him with your whole life. However, you have read many posts on multiple blogs about wives who caught their husbands cheating. He had the nerve to deny it and pretend to be the victim in their relationship. You wondered what Jungkook’s point of view was about this matter.

Keep reading

“Hmm…” He began to wonder, and he was thinking of an answer which would not put him in the wrong position. “I cannot imagine myself in this situation.”

“That you will get caught?” You chuckled in a teasing tone.

“Not like that” he smiled at your teasing, rolling his eyes. “Cheating in general. I don’t think I will ever look at someone but you. You should know by now that I love you so much.”

“Hypothetically, what would you do? I am not expecting you to do it or anything. Hopefully,” You gave him a laser look. “I would kill you and her with my own hands.”

Jungkook smiled as he made a tsk sound before answering, “I would probably leave before it hurts you.”

“Leave?” You raised an eyebrow in confusion.

“Leaving and then learning about cheating is less painful than you learn while I am in your life, pretending nothing happened.”

“I don’t understand how that’s making it less painful.”

“Would you stay with me if I cheated on you?” He asked, and your eyes widened as he added, “hypothetically.”

“Well, I don’t think so.” You answered honestly. “I will not be able to live with that fact very well.”

“Exactly, and I can’t see you break, so I would rather end it. For both of us.”

“So, you will not fight for us?”

“There will be no ‘us’ at this point.”

It was a heavy topic, and it would have been best if you hadn’t asked. Now, you feel pain in your chest at the idea of Jungkook leaving you and not spending effort into fixing your relationship. You couldn’t understand his perspective and how leaving would make it any less painful.

“You better not cheat on me.” You said, eyebrows met together in a frown. “Ever. I will die if you do it.”

Jungkook reached for your hand as he pulled your hands to his lips, kissing your knuckles. “You should stop asking questions about stuff that will never happen, and it will only put you in a bad mood when I am a loyal dog here.”

You chuckled as you rolled your eyes. You shouldn’t have asked that question. If Jungkook would have to leave you, you would find it more painful than him cheating. If he cheated, you would forgive him if you wanted. Give him another chance. If he left, that meant he wouldn’t ask for forgiveness, and he would instead leave you alone than try again with you.

Jungkook wouldn’t give himself another chance.

~~

“Jungkook!!” Jiya was sitting on the couch when Jungkook opened the door to the tiny studio he rented to live in. Ignoring her, he walked straight to the bathroom and closed the door before she could follow him.

She slapped her hands on the door as she called his name again. “Jungkook! Where were you? Please answer me. I tried calling you for a while now!”

Jungkook clenched his hands as he looked at his reflection in the mirror. The dark circles are noticeable underneath his eyes. He hadn’t been sleeping well since he asked you to sign the divorce papers, and he had been having nightmares continuously. Jiya slapped her hands again on the door. He turned around involuntarily, wanting to slam down the door on her. Catching himself midway, he closed his eyes tightly as he cursed.

“I saw the divorce papers.” She said behind the wall. “Why didn’t you submit it? Jungkook!! You said you would divorce her. Just do it already!”

Splashing water on his face, Jungkook looked at himself one last time. He couldn’t recognize the man he had become, and he didn’t know what this man in front of him was thinking. Flashback of you, the happy crossed his mind, but the look of hate you gave always pushed the happy memory away.

Before Jiya could knock on the door again, he opened it, and she was standing in front of him with wide eyes. Jungkook looked at her, and he couldn’t find anything near love around her. He had told you that he was in love with someone else because Jungkook knew you would never forgive him if he said that to you. He knew you would give up on him right away and sign the papers when he said that.

 “You cannot force people to love you,” you once had told him when you confessed your love to him the first time. It’s a confession he held dearly in his heart. “So, when I say I love you, I mean it. If you don’t feel the same, I cannot do anything regarding it. I cannot force you.”

“I am not divorcing her,” Jungkook said firmly to the shocked Jiya. Her eyes were as wide as two big holes, and she looked at him as if she was horrified at a ghost.

“No, you are not.” She scoffed in denial.

“She is pregnant.” Jungkook said, looking away from Jiya. “I wasn’t aware of this.” Jungkook sat on his bed as he sank his head into his hands.

A burst of sarcastic laughter skipped Jiya’s throat. Jungkook looked at her with raised eyebrows. She looked as if she had lost her mind. “And you think it’s your baby? She had been cheating on you, Jungkook.”

“I am not sure if she cheated on me, Jiya.” Jungkook sighed as he shook his head. “I think the baby is mine.”

“She is playing with your mind. She is playing with you.” Jiya said hysterically. “You cannot believe her, Jungkook, and you cannot let her deceive you.”

“Jiya!!” Jungkook snapped, looking at her firmly. “I am the one who cheated on her. And right now, I don’t think we can keep doing this.”

“Do you think she will take you back?” She pointed her finger at him. “You left her, Jungkook. You already murdered your relationship with her. But You still have me, darling. So, proceed with the divorce, and let’s start our life together.”

She kneeled in front of him, taking his face in her hand. She looked at him, begging him to only see her and look at her.

“Did we sleep together that night, Jiya?” Jungkook asked as he searched for the truth in her eyes.

Jiya frowned, let go of his face, and started to scream. “Why do you keep doing this to me, Jungkook? You loved me that night. You loved me and held me so tenderly. I was drunk too, but I remember how you held me and treated me as if I were the only one in this whole world. You told me; you love me. You said you love me. Do you want to destroy me too? Do you want to destroy everyone around you, Jungkook? It’s so unfair that you cannot remember. Why did you forget that amazing night? Why?”

Jiya started to cry hysterically. Her voice was louder than the speakers. She screamed each word on Jungkook’s face like an angry lion. Cursing, he sat to her level on the floor and held her in his arms. Her shoulders were shaking as she held him tightly.

“I am sorry,” Jungkook said. He hated himself so much for hurting you, for breaking Jiya too. Because of one mistake, he destroyed many lives, including his children’s.

That night, Jiya told him she wouldn’t have slept with him if he didn’t initiate it. And since she loved him and was too drunk to stop him, she continued to show him her love for him as much as he loved her. She asked him to take responsibility. “You cannot just sleep with me, and the next morning, you act as if nothing happened.” She told him the following morning. “I don’t sleep around with anyone, Jungkook. You cannot just do that to me.”

Jungkook wished he had never gone on that trip. Let alone not leave after the rest of the PR team did not show up. It was all his decisions and all his wrongdoings. His life has turned 180 degrees, and he couldn’t look you in the eyes without remembering his betrayal. Whenever he held Nabi, he remembered how he failed as a father. Slowly, he found himself leaning on Jiya without realizing it. Because unconditionally, she was always there. Despite trying so hard to avoid her, she appeared everywhere whenever he needed someone. He got used to her to the point that he convinced himself that leaving her was the right thing.

“I stayed with you when you wanted me to take responsibility.” He pushed her to an arm’s length. “But Jiya, my wife needs me the most right now. She has my child, and I cannot just leave her for you. You should know that we are both adults and held responsible for our actions. But it’s a mistake.” He pointed at himself than at her as he continued. “This is a mistake.”

Jiya looked at Jungkook, speechless. She had done everything to keep him to herself and everything possible, yet he was choosing his wife, and he was always choosing his wife. Jiya was so jealous of you and Jungkook’s love for you.

“It’s too late now, Jungkook.” She smiled, looking at him with empty eyes. “She hates you so much. I bet she will not even look at your face. Another child? Who knows if you are the father or her beloved Taehyung?”

“Jiya! Stop; I already believe it’s my child.”

Jiya bit her lower lip as she looked at him with teary eyes. “You already betrayed your child, and this child will not make a difference.”

Jungkook ignored her as he walked across the room, to the window, away from here. “You can leave now, Jiya.”

“I am the one who was with you all this time.” She started to scream again. “Where was she? Taking care of your child? Playing lover with your best friend? She ignored you and your needs, and I didn’t ignore you. She has Taehyung with her, but I only have you. I only need you. I am the one who can love you fully, Jungkook.”

“Jiya, please.” Jungkook looked at her firmly.

“You are making such a huge mistake.” She laughed as she grabbed her bag over her shoulder. “I will make you regret messing around with me, and I will show you what I am capable of.”

Jungkook ignored her, looking through the window at the people walking downstairs. The door slammed closed, making the walls shake in their place.

Jungkook knew what Jiya was capable of. She had a lot of friends in the media, and he could read what she would say about him. However, he no longer cared. If he made a mistake, he was going to fix it. He still loved you, and he knew he did. Every time he looked at you, his heart would jump.

For some time, he felt something for Jiya, but it was never love he felt. It wasn’t real. It was the time he should act before he regretted this his whole life.

~~

Last night, Nabi came into your room, and she held her teddy bear close to her chest and made her way up to your bed.

“Where is dad?” She asked, surprising you. She had been asking about him daily in the past few days, and it had been a couple of weeks since you last saw him when you were hurried to the hospital.

“He is busy, Nabi.” You told her for the nth time.

“I want dad. I want to play with him.” She said, tears in her eyes before she burst into a sob. You held her closer to your chest as you calmed her down. You let her sleep with you that day, making a mental note that you should call Jungkook even if you didn’t want to. You wanted to him know that his only child was missing him. Ignoring the fact that you also missed him.

Now you had to step on the heart that loved Jungkook. There was no way of loving him again, and he gave you no other choice but to replace that love with hate.

~~

You were looking for a new job when the doorbell suddenly rang. Nabi was accepted to join the kindergarten beside your house, so you were alone in the place. You thought that maybe if Nabi interacted with other children, she would stop asking about her father. He hadn’t visited her in two weeks. 

You frowned to yourself. Not expecting any visitors, you opened the door. To your surprise, Namjoon was standing in front of you. He smiled, greeting you with a raise of an eyebrow. “How are you doing? Sorry, I came suddenly.”

“Namjoon, Oh my god, hi.” You hugged him as you invited him inside your apartment. Kicking Nabi’s toys aside, you walked him into the living room. “Sorry, Nabi was playing in the morning. What a pleasant surprise.”

“I apologize again for suddenly visiting.”

You shook your head. “You are always welcome here.”

“Taehyung told me everything,” he said, pressing his lips together. “He is scared to approach you now. You know how this kid is sensitive. After what Jungkook had done, he decided that it’s better to keep away from you. If Jungkook believed what he said, anyone else would, and it will not make you look good.”

“I don’t understand Jungkook anymore.” You sighed as you shook your head. “I don’t know. I am not sure of anything anymore.”

“Listen, Y/N. There is something you should learn of.” Namjoon said, his face suddenly serious. “Jungkook disappeared. He didn’t contact us, and he didn’t show up for a while now. Also, have you seen the news?”

“No. I am trying too hard to stay away from any stressful events.” You said as you started to panic about Jungkook’s whereabouts.

“I only came here today because….” He took a deep breath as he sighed. “Something is fishy, Y/N, and we know you care about Jungkook. You had spent years together, not days or months”.

“Yet, he cheated on me and divorced me.” You murmured in a sad voice.

“There is news of some famous idol who has intoxicated a co-worker, forcing her to sleep with him. Cheating on his pregnant wife.” Namjoon said. “I don’t think the media know yet about your second pregnancy, but the description fits well with your situation.”

“She is accusing him of….” Your mouth opened in an O shape, shocked.

“This only tells us one thing, Y/N.” Namjoon looked her in the eyes. “Jungkook left her too, so she is taking revenge. Or the opposite happened, and she is playing the victim.”

“It’s not my problem anymore.” You shook your head, refusing to sympathize with Jungkook. He broke your heart in cold blood, leaving you alone without trying to take things out. He chose someone else over you so that something would not change.

“Taehyung assumed you would say that.” Namjoon smiled. “Jungkook needs you now, more than any time else. If he reaches for you, please let us know. This news could end his whole life, not only his career.”

“I am sorry, Namjoon.” You looked at him with a sad face. “He did that to himself, and I cannot do anything regarding his bad choices.”

“You are right.” Namjoon nodded before heading to the door. “Please don’t hesitate to talk to us whenever you need anything. We are always here for you."

Before Namjoon could leave, a notification made him freeze in his place. Another headline title that made his mouth drop before looking sadly at you.

A CHEATING HUSBAND OR A CHEATING WIFE. WHO IS THE FATHER OF THE CHILD? IS IT THE HUSBAND OR THE BEST FRIEND?

~~
A/N: Not me forgetting to update this here.