[pt3] Paper hearts ||Jungkook

Scenarioslovers / FANFICTION SHOP/ Vol. 2 (OPEN)

It was a spring day When Nabi was born. On that day, Jungkook left everything behind and ran to the hospital you were in. He received a phone call from your family that the baby was on its way, and they had to be in the hospital for the time being. Jungkook was in the middle of a concert. He had an important stage and decided that the members could fill in for him.

 

At that moment, he almost lost his job. Nevertheless, he didn’t care. All he was thinking about was you who were alone during labor. Fans were extremely mad at his sudden absence. The Agency kept calling him, but he refused to pick up. He had already told s that he was a father now.

 

No one would fill in his position as a husband for you. You needed him more than anyone else. He needed to be with you more than anywhere else.

 

He insisted on being with you during the delivery which had taken more than two hours before Nabi was born. He held into your hand tightly and closed his eyes as your screams were hurting him more than he thought they would. It only was when he heard Nabi’s first cry that he realized he was holding in his breath all this time.

 

When he first held her, he didn’t say anything. However, hot tears were streaming down his cheeks as he stared at her and adored her.

 

She was so small in his hand. Her skin was wrinkled, and she didn’t look nice at all. Yet, she was beautiful. A masterpiece he helped in making. This small creature was a part of him as much as it was a part of you. Both of you shared this small human. He looked at you and mouthed a “thank you.” As he whipped off a tear from his cheeks.

 

“I love you, Y/N,” he said kissing your forehead. “I love you, always.”

~~

 

Jungkook received a message from Taehyung. He didn’t expect it, but his heart clenched in his chest when he saw your name. He scoffed, rolling his eyes in disbelief.

 

The message read, “we need to talk about what happened with Y/N! What the hell are you thinking?”

 

You had already told Taehyung what happened. Sometimes, Jungkook forgot how close you used to be with him. At some point, during your relationship, he would be so jealous of how close you two were. But then he saw the way you liked him with love and adoration. Your eyes told him that whatever was between you and Taehyung was nowhere close to the thing he had with you. It made him feel better.

 

Until the wedding day.

 

That day you were supposed to only look at him. The entire day, your eyes didn’t leave Taehyung. Your eyes were following him everywhere he went. Moreover, Jungkook knew the reason. He was there the whole time. He wanted to surprise you and caught a glance at you in the wedding dress before anyone could. Instead, he listened to Taehyung’s confession. He heard you crying after he left, and it made him wonder. How did the three of you end up like this? He never meant to hurt Taehyung that way. And he couldn’t explain the reason behind your tears. Were you regretful that you haven’t noticed his love? If he told you earlier, would you have married him instead?

 

On that day, Jungkook was left confused. On that day, he believed that you had another option which had never been given to you before.

 

He started to wonder if you had ever loved Taehyung but never realized it till now.

 

He couldn’t talk to you about it. He didn’t want to leave the option for you to open the possibility. When you don’t talk about a topic, it is as if it never exists. And he wanted to believe that those tears didn’t mean anything. It had to be like this. You were marrying him after all.

 

Or maybe he was right. You had feelings for Taehyung all this time, but you couldn’t go for it because it was too late. Taehyung knowing about your current situation, explained it all. All this time, you didn’t cut him out of your life as he thought. Two months while he was away, Taehyung filled in his place. He was there for you, giving you the support that he couldn’t give. Just thinking about it, boiled his blood.

 

Opening the drawer of the nightstand beside his bed, the signed divorce paper was still inside. He couldn’t bring himself to submit it and processed the divorce. Something told him that he shouldn’t do that. That you didn’t deserve that from him. However, he wasn’t sure anymore. Sighing, he ran a hand through his hair, before closing the drawer and heading off to your apartment.

 

He needed answers.

 

~~

 

“You don’t have to come here every day, Taehyung.” You scolded when you opened the door to find Taehyung standing with an orange juice bottle in his hand.

 

“I know wine isn’t a promising idea considering your situation. And vitamins are good for you. I only could think of orange juice.” He said as he invited himself inside, leaving his shoes beside the door. “Where is Nabi?”

 

“Taehyung!” You put a hand on your hip and another point at Taehyung. “For real, what are you doing?”

 

Faking a cough, he put the orange juice on the kitchen counter. “I don’t know, Y/N.” He said, with a sigh. “I thought you may need my help. I cannot just leave you like this all alone.”

 

“Taehyung,” you winced, “I am fine, on my own.” Some things shouldn’t be allowed. It was just dangerous for both of you.

 

“Are you asking me to leave?” He sniffed, looking at you from the corner of his eyes. When you didn’t answer, he walked toward the door. But you grabbed into his arm, stopping him.

 

“No.” You looked at him in the eyes and saw it. The things you tried so hard to avoid. “Don’t leave. I do feel lonely and you being here makes me feel better. Nabi loves to play with you too.”

 

With half a smile, Taehyung nodded. “I am just worried about you.”

 

“The orange juices.” You laughed, trying to change the heavy mood that suddenly was built in the room. “Whose idea, was it?”

 

“If you liked the idea, then it’s mine. If you didn’t like it, then it’s Jimin’s.”

 

“Jimin’s then.” You said, with a smirk. “I should thank him later.”

 

You jumped from your place when the doorbell suddenly rang. Taehyung looked at you confused. “Are you waiting for someone?”

 

“No,” you said, as you walked to open the door. However, Taehyung was faster to open it.

 

Your eyes widened when you heard Jungkook’s voice. “What are you doing here, Hyung?”

 

Stepping aside, Taehyung revealed Jungkook by the door. He was looking at you with disbelief and disappointment. Your heartbeat was rising inside your chest. Jungkook looked more tired than when you had met him three days ago. He was thinner and his jawline was sharper. His hair was taller. He looked as handsome as you could have remembered. You hated your heart for still responding to him in that way.

 

Jungkook walked in, closing the door behind him. He kept shooting you and Taehyung accusation glances. A scoff skipped his mouth as he rolled his eyes. “So, now tell. What is going on here?” He walked inside the apartment as you and Taehyung followed him to the living room. “Is that why you signed the papers right away? Because you already had a backup?”

 

“JUNGKOOK!!” Taehyung snapped and took an aggressive step toward the man he considered a brother. You pulled Taehyung backward, shaking your head vigorously.

 

“Watch out your mouth.” You warned as you glared at him. “What do you want, Jungkook?”

 

“Oh, so I am unwelcomed now.” He smirked. The look on his face cut you into two halves. He was looking at you as if you were worthless. As if you had committed a sin and he couldn’t look at you probably because he was too disgusting to look at you. “I wanted to confirm something. I thought I am the one who is a dirtbag until I knew that you told him right away about the divorce.” He pointed at Taehyung who you could feel tense beside you. “You want this divorce as much as I do.”

 

“Jungkook, you don’t know what you are saying. Nabi is in her room. Please leave now.” You felt your whole body shaking. You couldn’t believe your ears.

 

“Why? Let her know what type of a mother you are.”

 

“AND WHAT TYPE OF A FATHER ARE YOU?” You couldn’t take it anymore. Your throat hurt from how loud you involuntarily had become. When Taehyung reached for your hand, you pulled it away and glared at him before returning to look at Jungkook. “You want to believe so badly that you aren’t the one who broke this family? Fine! Then be it. But don’t ever accuse me of something like that.”

 

“For how long you will fool me, Y/N?” Jungkook took a deep breath as he shook his head. “I am not a fool. I have known all along. I know that you…” Looking at Taehyung, his index pointed at his chest so hard that Taehyung started to feel pain but decided to ignore it. “You had feelings for my wife. All along. And you?” He looked at you, tears collecting in his eyes. “I don’t know why you married me. You cherish Taehyung, you love him. I know it. You couldn’t take your eyes away from him at the wedding.”

 

“What the hell, Jungkook?!” you scoffed, “We have been married for FIVE YEARS!! Five ing years Jungkook. We dated long before that too. You thought all this time, I have feelings for someone else?”

 

“Because that’s the truth.”

 

“That’s not true, Jungkook,” Taehyung said, but before he could say anything else, he found himself launching backward, as Jungkook’s fist met his jawline.

 

“Jungkook!” you screamed as you hurried to Taehyung who was now on the floor.

 

“I trusted you the most with her. I trusted you, only for you to fall in love with her?” Jungkook snapped. “You could have just kept it for yourself. You should never have told her. Now that we are breaking up, you think you have a chance with her?”

 

“Leave Jungkook!” You cried as you pushed him away. “Leave, please leave. You got what you wanted. You divorced me. If you want me to be the bad one here, I will be the bad one. Just…” You breathed so hard. Words were coming out with each sob that you didn’t have the chance to breathe.

 

Jungkook wasn’t breaking you, he was burning you alive. You wondered how such a beautiful story became this ugly. You wondered how his love could change to this extreme point. Your head started to get foggy, and your vision started to decline. The last thing you remember was Jungkook’s arm wrapped around your waist and his panicked voice trying to call you.

 

~~

 

“It’s your second time here.” You heard someone say as you tried to open your eyes. You don’t know what happened. When your vision became clearer, the same nurse from the last time was looking down on you. “If this happened again, we may admit you until you are fully stable. Today was a significant risk on the baby's life.”

 

“Is the baby, okay?” you asked, in a small voice.

 

“The baby is fine. However, we cannot promise that it would survive if you kept stressing yourself out like this.” She looked beside her as she smiled at someone. “You need to help her relax. Stay with her for the time being. The first three months are always the hardest.” She looked back at you. “I am glad your husband was with you this time.”

 

Your head snapped toward the door, only to find Jungkook standing there. His arms were wrapped together in front of his chest. He was staring into your soul. The nurse excused herself, leaving the two of you alone.

 

The room became more suffocating as minutes passed with complete silence.

 

“Why did you not tell me?” Jungkook finally said, after a while.

 

“Tell you what?” You looked away from him, closing your eyes. “You were leaving anyway.”

 

His next question is what you had never expected him to ask. It was a question that should never have been asked. At that moment you wondered why people needed a heart. Why do people fall in love only to be broken in such a horrible way?

 

You wondered why he never thought of all the good days you spent together. The love you shared. The laughter, the tears, the life.

 

You looked at Jungkook. A man who you couldn’t recognize anymore. The man who asked you: “Is it Taehyung’s?”