Ch.9 - Take A Break

A Lone Star 2

Byul wakes up from her sleep. She hasn't been in a deep sleep for the past two days since Chanyeol ask to take a break in their relationship. Byul stares at the ceiling with her blank face. She has been like that for 15 minutes before she lazily wakes up and grabs her phone in case Chanyeol calls her. Since that day, Chanyeol didn't call, text or video call her. She didn't go to the company so she can't see him either. Her life feels empty and she starts to feel like a zombie. Being alive without a soul in herself. Byul sighs lazily and walks towards the bathroom to freshen up herself. 

After a shower, she takes her handbag and walks out from the space that she didn't leave for two days. She didn't eat for two days nor drink. She walks to the kitchen while tying her hair up to a bun. She takes a glass from the cabinet and fills it with water. She drinks it and takes a piece of bread from the top counter and puts it inside the toaster. She's standing there while waiting for her bread to get toast. Suddenly, her phone rings and Byul hurriedly finds the phone inside the bag. Her face turns from excitement to disappointment. 

"Hello?" she answers the call. 

"Byul? I'm in the basement. Are you awake?" Jeonghan arrived at her house as they promised. Yesterday, he calls to told her that Mr.Lee asked her to come over to the company for a comeback discussion while knowing Byul situation. 

"I'm making my breakfast," Byul said. 

"You want me to come upstairs?" Byul closed her eyes and shakes her head. 

"No. Just wait in the car." she didn't want Chanyeol to misunderstand her and Jeonghan in case he's around. Byul ends the call and at the same time, the bread jumped out from the toaster. She grabs it and eats it without any jam while making her way to the front door. She closed the door and walks towards the elevator with a slice of bread on the other hand. After 5 minutes, she arrived at the basement and Jeonghan is waiting for her at the lift lobby. 

"I said wait in the car," Byul said with a blank face. Jeonghan stares at her and leads her the way to the car. He didn't know about her story but looking at her face, Jeonghan can guess that she had a fight with Chanyeol. Byul gets in the car and Jeonghan runs to the driver seat. He drives after making sure Byul is wearing a seatbelt. Byul notices a blanket on the other seat and she takes it. She covers herself using that blanket that has a Chanyeol smell and promptly, her tears streaming down to her cheek for a second and she cries in silence. When Jeonghan takes a glance at Byul, he notices that she is crying and he didn't want to ask anything. He just keeps quiet until they reached the company. 

Jeonghan passed to her big sunglasses to cover her puffy eyes and Byul accept them with gratitude. They walk to the lift lobby and unexpectedly bumps into GFriend. They bow politely to her and Byul just shows her fade smile. Jeonghan looks at Sowon and smiles bitterly at her when she's asking him about Byul through her eyes. Suddenly, Byul grabs his hands to hold on as her body seems faint. Jeonghan grabs her and holds her shoulder to keep her stable. Sowon stunned seeing those touches but a glare from Jeonghan ensuring that there is nothing between them. Sowon nods her head. They all get inside the lift.

"Are you okay, Byul-ssi?" a manager asked her as they get inside the elevator.

"I'm not feeling well. Sorry." Byul answer while keeping her head down. She's getting a headache and her view seems blurry. They part at a different level and Byul hearts are getting anxious every time they stop at different floor. She wants to meet Chanyeol but she didn't want to be seen with Jeonghan. When they finally arrived at Mr.Lee's level, Jeonghan still holds her to control her balance. But when they are getting near, Byul breath seems unstable and she finally falls down. Jeonghan manages to catch her on time and carried her in a bridal style to Mr.Lee's room. He urged the secretary to open the door and they get inside. Mr.Lee is surprised to see the carry figure as Jeonghan puts Byul down on the couch. 

"What happened, Jeonghan?" Mr.Lee walks closer to Byul and checks her temperature by putting his palm on her forehead. 

"She said she is not feeling well and-" Jeonghan pause when he caught a familiar figure. "-I think she's not eating anything at all yet." Jeonghan eyes move to Byul and Mr.Lee.  

"Call a doctor," he orders his secretary and she immediately does her job. 

"Chanyeol-ssi," Jeonghan calls him and the guy stares at him. "She cries on the way here." Chanyeol gritted his teeth and shift his eyes to Byul on the couch. "Can we talk?" 

"Mr.Lee, please excuse me. I have another appointment." Chanyeol said. Mr.Lee is surprised but he nods his head. Jeonghan walks to him and grabs his wrist to turn him around. Chanyeol clenched his fist. 

"Chanyeol-ssi, that is your girlfriend." Jeonghan reminds her. 

"Not now," Chanyeol replied and it shocks Jeonghan. 

"What-What did you mean?" Jeonghan frowned. 

"We want to take a break," Chanyeol replied and pulls his wrist out of Jeonghan's hands. He left and Jeonghan is standing there with a shocked expression. He runs after him even though Mr.Lee is calling his name. Jeonghan turns him around. Chanyeol pushes him away. 

"What do you mean by that?" 

"A break! Is that so hard to understand?" Chanyeol glares at him while walking away. Jeonghan runs to stop him.

"Why? Why you guys need a break? She had enough, Chanyeol-ah." Jeonghan didn't understand and keep running to him. Chanyeol pauses and bites his inner lips.

"I give her a break to choose between me or you? She still loves you, I-" 

"Bull!" Jeonghan yelled at him. He smirks in a way that makes Chanyeol angry. "She did not love me!" he shouts again. Luckily, at Mr.Lee's level, there is no staff other than his own secretary. So no one can hear them unless there are people that coming up here for an appointment with Mr.Lee. 

"Oh yeah? You might want to ask her when she wakes up." Chanyeol then turns around to left but Jeonghan pulls his shoulder and punches his face. Chanyeol hit him back and they fell to the ground. Both get up and hit each other again on the face, on the rib, and stomach. 

"Jeonghan-ssi!" the secretary hurriedly come over to end it but the fight continued and with her strength, she can't be in the between. Mr.Lee's coming out from the door and calls their name. 

"Stop it! Jeonghan! Chanyeol! Get in my room now!" he yells and both of them look at each other with a heavy panting on the chest. "Get in now!" Mr.Lee pushes them both to his room. 

"What the did you guys thinking, fighting in front of my room? Where is the respect? Jeonghan!" Mr.Lee calls out, whispering. He didn't want to wake Byul up. 

"Chanyeol? Both of you are men. Talk things out and not punch each other in the face. What is this? A wrestling match?" Mr.Lee takes a seat and palms his face. Chanyeol takes a tissue to wipe the blood on his lips. Jeonghan did the same as there is blood on his right eyebrows. 

"You, Jeonghan! What have you done to Byul? You kiss her, don't you?" Jeonghan face is shocked and immediately looks at Chanyeol. He starts to grasp the situation here. 

"Yeah, I know! Piece of ! You kiss her and you said she didn't love you? She kisses you back!" Chanyeol points to his shoulder and pushes him at the same time. Mr.Lee sighs heavily. 

"Okay. You need to hear me out here. I-I didn't mean to kiss her? It was-I was-ugh!" Jeonghan groans. 

"Yeah? You were what? Huh? Can't explain it, right? What!" Chanyeol provokes him. 

"I was kissing Sowon! I thought I was kissing Sowon! We were...ugh! We were talking about Sowon and me! How am I so jealous over you and her can be so cuddly, live in the same house while I need to sneakily have a date with Sowon. I was jealous okay! And-And-And while talking about that, I was imagining Sowon. It was just a second and...and... I said sorry after that. To her." Jeonghan points to Byul and shifts back to Chanyeol. "But not to you. I'm sorry." Jeonghan looks regrets over this issue. Chanyeol scoffs. 

"But she kisses you back." 

"She did not!" Jeonghan defends her. 

"She kisses you back!" 

"It doesn't matter! I'm the one that kisses her! I'm the one to blame here!" Jeonghan said. 

"It matters to me! You might be making a mistake but she kisses you back! She wants you! She loves you!" Chanyeol clenched his fist very tightly. Jeonghan moves around, away from him with heavy breathing. 

"It was a mistake. She did not love me, Chanyeol-ah. She really loves you." 

"How did you know that? By kissing her?" Chanyeol provokes him again. 

"I've tried!" Chanyeol frowned, looking at Jeonghan. Mr.Lee stares at them both and now focuses on Jeonghan. "I've tried to flirt with her," Chanyeol smirks. "But she always talks about you. She always said that she's moving on and happy with you." Chanyeol shakes his head. He is happy to hear that but at this moment, those words are like sweet words to reduce his rage. 

"We have history, Chanyeol. Of course, we still have weird feelings towards each other. Our relationship isn't like other normal relationships. I have Sowon but I attracted to her. I flirt with her, I kiss her, I slept with her but I do that in secret to not let my girlfriend finds out. We have a one-week special relationship before she decided to move on with you and fly to Italy to you." Chanyeol knows that story where she had cheated on him by having a one-week relationship with Jeonghan to end their toxic feelings. 

"We have some kind of unfinished business in our feelings. She gives me hope but in the end, she picks you! She told you the truth and I'm happy that you give her a second chance. We never really have a heart-to-heart talk." Jeonghan explains it Chanyeol. 

"She used me." Chanyeol tries to denies it. 

"Yeah, maybe. She used you. You know that fact. But she fell in love with you. With you, with whatever that you have. She loves this. Your relationship with her. She loves you! Just to remind you, we end our relationship 6 months ago. Less than a year. Of course, we still have these... unexplainable weird feelings. Attract to each other? We just want to know what's up in each other life. We are not like you and Yoona, that can be a friend after break up." Chanyeol takes a seat on the couch while Jeonghan still standing near him. 

"Dude. I know you didn't trust me being with Byul. If you want me to quit, I'll quit." Chanyeol and Mr.Lee look at Jeonghan. "I mean it. Byul is happy with you, Chanyeol. Trust her. She keeps a secret because she doesn't want to ruin your relationship." Jeonghan finally sitting down and lean back on the chair. 

"I might end things with Sowon as well. I cheated on her and she knows it." 

"Jeonghan." Mr.Lee calls him to calm him down before making a decision that might cause him badly. Chanyeol palms his face and blows an air to ease the tension. 

"I don't know. I love her. But I don't know if she really loves me." his voice trembling, his eyes get teary. Jeonghan pats his thigh. 

"Don't doubt her. She really loves you. I can see her eyes sparkling every time she talks about you or see you. It's like, no one else is around when you're with her." Mr.Lee takes a deep breath after seeing them being a little bit calm after that fight and argument. They are in silence for a while before Chanyeol standing up. 

"I think we both need time here to think about our relationship. She needs time to think of how to clear her feelings for you." Jeonghan frowned. "I really think we need a break." 

"Chanyeol." Jeonghan stops him. Chanyeol smiled. 

"Please take care of her for me. Mr.Lee, I need to go first. About Italy, I'll tell you more later." Chanyeol pats Jeonghan's shoulder before leaving the room. Jeonghan can sense something from his words. 

"He's leaving?" Jeonghan asked Mr.Lee. 

"Yeah. Italy." Jeonghan looks at Mr.Lee. 

"He plans this already?" 

"The offer comes two days ago and he just makes his decision today. I think because of Byul." Mr.Lee looks at Byul and to his surprise, Byul already wakes up with tears streaming down like a waterfall. Jeonghan sighs. 

"Byul?" Mr.Lee calls and reached her and it makes Jeonghan shift to her. She wakes up. 

"He's leaving me." Byul shakingly said that. She might hear him just now. Jeonghan flips his hair with his eyes closed. Byul hugs her knees and cries hard. He moves to Byul and rubs her head. 

"He's not. Just give him some time, Byul-ah." Jeonghan said to calm her down. But deep down, Jeonghan knows that Chanyeol is leaving for Italy to take a break from their relationship. 

 

Write - 24/3/2021 | 11:06AM 

Re-check - 5/5/2021 |3:14PM