Ch.13 - Resolve

A Lone Star 2

Byul wakes up and yawns but jolted up when she is surprised to see Jeonghan standing at her door. He leans on the door with a smirk on his face. Byul covers herself with the blanket before blinking awkwardly at him. Jeonghan enters the room and looks around. 

"What are you doing here?" Byul is alone in the house as Chanyeol already left to the company in the dawn. He is needed as a new group choreographer. Jeonghan sits at the edge of the bed before tapping the bed, ordering Byul to come near her. 

"What do you want?" Byul asked without moving as his order. She sighs as Jeonghan left the bed and walks to the door. 

"Get ready. You have an interview shooting for your comeback at lunch." Jeonghan said without turning his back and disappear behind the wall. Byul rolled her eyes but she gets up and gets into the bathroom. She gets inside and takes a deep look in the mirror. It's been a month and her comeback will be in a few days. She can't help but feeling nervous to perform a song that she wrote for Chanyeol, especially. She's done with her music video shooting last week with her other song that will be a follow-up comeback after this single comeback, as planned. She's getting ready and steps out of the room.

Byul pairing the black ballet skirt with a blue blouse and a big belt to show her body shape. She grabs a purse in a box shape and walks to the living room, where Jeonghan might be waiting for her. She smiles when Jeonghan is in her view and twirls in front of him. 

"How do I look?" she asked. Jeonghan pushes himself out of the couch and walks past her. 

"Looks fine." Byul frowned, expecting him to leave to the front door but he enters her bedroom and it makes Byul panic. She rushes to the bedroom and when she is near the door, Jeonghan appeared with a black blazer in his hands. 

"Pair with this. You will look cool. You will wear a different outfit on the set anyway but keep it cool." he throws the blazer on her and leaving her struggling with the blazer on her face. When Byul is finally getting the blazer off her face, she sighs heavily and it makes Jeonghan pause then turns around. 

"What is your problem?" Byul asked him as she can feel the difference in his attitude today. Jeonghan raises his eyebrows, pretending not to know what is the issue. Byul throws the purse at him and he catches it well. Byul walks towards him while wearing the blazer and the timing is correct as she finishes tidying up her clothes at the same time, she is close facing Jeonghan. 

"Did you have a fight with Sowon?" Byul narrowed her eyes, guessing the reason. Jeonghan still with a still face, without expression. "Oh, come on! Tell me! Did you have a fight with Sowon? That's why you are so sour today?" Jeonghan steps closer to her but Byul didn't flinch like she used to be in the past.

"I broke up with Sowon." he sighs and Byul is shocked. He turns to leave but Byul holds his wrist. "Don't say a word. It's been a month anyway. But Sowon keeps calling me every night, drunk. It makes me feel guilty." 

"It's been a month? And you didn't tell me?" Byul forces him to face her and he did. "I-I thought you w-want her?" Jeonghan rolled his eyes. 

"How many women that I want? You? Her? She knew about us. I told her what happened." Jeonghan his lips and sighs. Byul shakes her head and leaves to the front door. He follows not long after. They get in the car without saying a word to each other. When they have arrived at the company, Jeonghan didn't let Byul gets out of the car. 

"Jeonghan!" she calls him. 

"Mr.Lee told me that Sowon keep being sick and didn't participate in the GFriend comeback promotion. She's getting the worst reputation, Byul-ah. I'm scared if Mr.Lee will kick her out of the group." 

"No, he won't," Byul replied. Jeonghan turns to the backseat. 

"Mr.Lee told me to talk with Sowon or getting back together with her if that makes her active in a group again. I don't want to do it. She hates me! I don't want to be around her after I've quit jus-" 

"Quit?" Jeonghan closed his eyes as he realized that he slipped the words. "You'll be quitting, Jeonghan?" he unlocks the door and gets out of the car. Byul chases him and pushes his shoulder to stops him from leaving the conversation. 

"I'm asking. You're quit?" Byul points to his shoulder. 

"After your comeback is over, yeah." Jeonghan finally tells her. Byul gasped. 

"Who else knows?" Byul asked him. "Don't say, Mr.Lee. He is the first one to know, obviously." Byul cuts him when he wants to answer the question. Jeonghan scoffs when Byul catches him. "Don't smile. I hate it. Who else knows?" 

"Hey, is everything okay here?" Byul turns around only to see Chanyeol walking towards them. 

"Oh my! I'm glad that you are here. Your-" Jeonghan moves to Chanyeol and tries to hide behind him. Chanyeol looks at him. "Did you know that Jeonghan is quitting?" Chanyeol's expression stiffened. Byul waits for his reply. 

"You told her already?" Chanyeol asked and it makes Byul eyes widen open. 

"I slipped." Jeonghan answers. 

"You knew?" Byul gasped. Chanyeol cleared his throat after realizing that he might do something wrong as well after Byul is giving him a negative reaction over that. "Am I the only one that didn't know about this important news?" Byul crosses her arms and leaves both of them after they didn't reply. Jeonghan follows her and Chanyeol tries to grab her wrist but she pushes him away. 

"Babe," he calls her but she didn't stop, and Jeonghan palms his face. Two guys are desperately trying to calm one lady down from her angry feelings. Might be betrayal feelings. 

"Babe." 

"Don't call me babe." Byul finally turns around after pushing the button in the lift lobby. "You knew and didn't tell me about it? I thought no secret between us." 

"Well... it's not a secret." Byul frowns. "Jeonghan never asked me to keep it secret. He said he'll tell you later, I guess." Chanyeol looks at Jeonghan to ask for her support. 

"Y-Yeah!" Jeonghan agrees. "And now is the time to tell you." 

"Now? You didn't plan to tell me. You slipped out!" Byul hits his shoulder. Both men look at each other and sigh. Byul gritted her teeth. But after a while, her eyes get teary. "You're quitting and then what?" Jeonghan looks up at her. They both noticed her expression. Jeonghan bites his lips. 

"I'm moving to America. Helping my dad with his business, I think." Jeonghan said. Byul sighs in trembling. The elevator arrives at the right time as Byul didn't want to cry in front of them. She gets inside. 

"No. Take another one," she said and block both of them from entering the elevator. Jeonghan and Chanyeol look at her, apologetic. The door closed and Byul leans back to the wall. She is comfortable with Jeonghan especially after things get cleared out between them. Chanyeol is fine with his presence and sometimes they play games at the house. Jeonghan will be doing a sleepover at the house and get drunk with them. She didn't feel so lost but hearing the news a few days before her comeback, it's sensitive for her. She arrives at the rooftop and gets out to get fresh air. 

She walks to the nearest bench and takes a sits there with a cold breeze touching her skin. It didn't feel that cold but as her tears streaming down her face, it makes her shake. 

"Sunbaenim?" a voice from her side makes Byul turns and it was Sowon. She was standing there alone with a book in her hands. "Can I sit next to you?" she asked. Byul nodded and Sowon takes a seat next to her. They both in awkward silence. 

"I've broken up with Jeonghan Oppa." Sowon starts first. Byul looks at her in pity. Sowon is seeing skinny as she used to be before. Not to anorexia skin but she didn't look good either. 

"I-I'm sorry. I found out this morning," she replied. Sowon looks at her. 

"Jeonghan Oppa told you?" Byul tries to show her smile but she's feeling guilty and awkward at the same time. 

"He also tells me that he's going to quit." there, Byul can see her trembling lips. Her eyes get teary. Byul rubs her back and Sowon cries. 

"I don't want to quit my job but I want him, sunbaenim. I love him, sunbaenim." Byul takes a deep breath before letting out and holds her hands. Sowon wipes her tears with other hands. 

"Sowon-ah, as a sunbaenim, I don't want to see you quit your job right now. Being an idol is fun, right?" Sowon looks at her. "Yeah, you might don't have time for dating or going out with your friends. Staying away from your family but... the sacrifices... doesn't worth it if you ruined your life like right now." Sowon frowned.

"What do you mean?" Sowon pushes her away. "You said I don't deserve Jeonghan Oppa? Why! Because you want him, right!" Byul jolted up when Sowon yells at her face. "You slept with him! You're the one that takes him away from me! And now you don't want me to ruin my life?" Sowon laughs evilly. Byul frowned and tries to hold her hands. She takes her words negatively.

"You're the one that ruins my life! You're the one that-" Sowon pauses and cries. She can't finish the words. "He left! He dumped me for you!" Byul tries to hug her but she pushes her away until Byul fell down on the ground. 

"I'm going to tell everyone that you take him away from me." Sowon walks away but then froze. Byul looks in her direction and Jeonghan is present with Chanyeol. Her boyfriend hurriedly helps her to stand on her feet and brush the dirt on her clothes. 

"Are you okay?" Chanyeol asked her. 

"Yeah, I'm fine," she replied. Chanyeol holds her hands and asked her to take a seat while Jeonghan is trying to settle with Sowon. Meanwhile, Jeonghan is staring at glassy eyes Sowon. She runs to him and hugs him tightly. She cries and begging for Jeonghan to not leaves her. Jeonghan pulls her away from him and cupped her face. Her face is wet because of tears. 

"Sowon. Listen to me. I don't love you anymore." three of them are shocked hearing a straightforward confession from Jeonghan. Byul wants to stop him but Chanyeol denied her actions. 

"I met you. I like you. We dated, we had fun in a sneaky way." Sowon didn't react because she still in surprise. "I met Byul." Jeonghan takes a glance at Byul before staring back at Sowon. "And I love her." Sowon starts to sobs again. "We fought. We miscommunication. And we end it." Sowon bites her lips. 

"Same goes with us. You knew that I'm seeing another woman behind your back but you keep want to be with me. I'm hurting you. I hate that more than I love Byul." Sowon stops sobbing and looking at Jeonghan, in his eyes. 

"Because we end things and solve the problems between us, I and Byul are friends. And I want you to be my friend too." Sowon shakes her head. "I need you to focus on your job!" he shakes her. Sowon is shocked. "You worked so hard to become an idol. You did it! You're almost three years now. You did it!" Sowon buried her face on his chest while shaking her head and hitting his chest. 

"You did well, Sowon-ah. And I'm sorry for ruining your life." Sowon looks up and shakes her head. 

"No! No! You didn't ruin my life. Byul is the one-" 

"I'm ruining you." before Sowon can point her finger to Byul, Jeonghan cuts her. "I don't love you and I want to end things with you. I'm no longer seeing you in my eyes everywhere, anytime like I used to. I'm moving to America anyway, Sowon-ah." she hugs his waist. 

"Oppa." she cries and Byul stands up to calm her down. She rubs her back and Sowon looks up to her and hugs her. 

"Sunbaenim!" Jeonghan looks away as a tear drops from his eyes. Byul can see that. Chanyeol moves to Jeonghan and pats his shoulder then slowly walks him away from Sowon. Jeonghan follows his lead. Byul leads Sowon to the bench and rubs her back. 

"Sowon-ah. I'm sorry if my word is hurting you. I didn't mean that-" 

"It's okay, sunbaenim. I understand." she wipes her tears and looks at Jeonghan from far away. "I love him too much that I don't know how to not live without him. He's my strength and always giving me advice. He supports me from the beginning." 

"And I'm sorry for taking him away from you," Byul said, referring to the past. Sowon chuckled nervously. 

"I was tired in the middle of my beginning. I kinda strayed away from the relationship for a while actually. I needed a break. I was too stress and under a lot of pressure. But when I focus back on the relationship, he's distant from me. That's the punishment." Byul shakes her head slowly. 

"No, don't blame yourself for something that someone else did. I hurt you. He hurts you. And we are sorry. I am sorry." Byul is sincerely apologise to Sowon to clear things between them. "We aren't supposed to be a thing anyway. It's wrong in so many ways. Not after I have Chanyeol. He is everything to me." 

"Chanyeol Oppa?" 

"W-Well, you call him Oppa, huh?" Byul gulped as she feels a bit jealous of the calling. Sowon chuckled. "He is the love of my life. This is top secret. My new comeback is about him." Byul makes a secret hand gesture. Sowon is not surprised getting that news seeing the lovebirds but exciting about the new song. After a while, Byul and Chanyeol give the pair some space and time to resolve feelings between the two.

 

Write - 13/4/2021 | 3:02PM

Re-check - 6/5/2021 | 11:13PM

*Whatcha thinking on this chapter? It's almost finished so lemme know guys!