Ch.14 - Goodbye

A Lone Star 2

Byul takes a deep breath and exhales it while looking at herself in the mirror. Her makeup artist is doing their best in her makeup for her comeback performance today. Her stylist is scolding her intern for handling the clothing. Byul just smiling seeing the panic situation behind her back. While she is playing with her phone, she heard a voice from the front door. Jeonghan is busy talking with the producer about the planning of her comeback performance. She caught a glimpse of him at the front door. 

Since she knew about Jeonghan quitting, she's a bit distant with her as she wants to create a space between them. But she also feels that Jeonghan is creating more lines between them. He picks her up from home since Chanyeol is already trusting him in doing his job and drop her off at the company. Then, he's only available when Byul is searching for him. Jeonghan is around but he didn't involve in her personal life anymore. That distance makes Byul feels a bit anxious and sad about his upcoming plans. 

After almost an hour of getting ready to do the makeup and wearing the outfit prepares by the stylist, Byul is ready to do the rehearsal. She's wearing a checkered pleated skirt with a light purple blouse. She gets out to the stage and hearing the fans' cheers makes her smile and waves at them. Byul walks to the center of the stage. The production doing the set on the stage with a fake sakura tree at the corner and falling pink blossom leaves on the floor. At the center, there is a bench for her to start her singing. She talks with her fans while everyone is getting ready in the position. 

After everything is ready, the music cue, and Byul starts to sing. Everyone cheers as they are glad to finally meeting up with their idol. Byul starts singing at the bench with guitar melody doing the intro and then, during pre-chorus, she moves slowly to the fake sakura tree while crossing arms with a dancer. Then when the chorus part is reaching, Byul moves to the center and starts the little dance with the dancers at her back. The rehearsal went well and she runs backstage after waving and bowing to the fans and staff. Jeonghan is reaching her hands and giving her a blanket to cover her legs. 

Then, she takes a rest in the resting room after the music show starts. She watches all of her junior and senior doing the performance. She notices GFriend is doing the performance on the TV. She watches like a death stare and points out their flaws. Although they are good, in the eyes of Byul, they can improve their expression, especially. Their dance is sharp as well, and she can't dance well like them. She takes a glance at Jeonghan who is busy typing something on his phone. She walks over to him and taps on his finger. Jeonghan looks up and raises his eyebrows. Byul gestures him to go outside. Jeonghan follows her and when they arrived at the silence hall near the stairs, both of them lean on the wall without saying anything. 

"What are you gonna do after this?" Byul asked him. Jeonghan raises his shoulder, answering the question but Byul didn't see it. She turns to her side and waits for his mouth to open up to answer. Jeonghan turns to his side as well and their eyes meet. 

"I'm meeting up with a friend at the club. He's leaving for America, the same day as mine." Jeonghan answers it casually. Byul rolled her eyes and pushed herself from the wall. 

"You know I'm not talking about what are you doing after this day over." Byul sighs and Jeonghan chuckled. "Are you really not going to stay?" 

"No, Byul-ah. How many times are we going to talk about this?" Jeonghan pushes himself off the wall and walks to the window. He stands there while seeing the view where the fans are cheering and waiting for an idol to come out at the outside of the building. Byul crossing her arms. 

"I wish you stay," she said. Jeonghan shakes his head. "Why can't you stay?" 

"You know why, Byul-ah." Jeonghan looked at her. "I'm done being with a celebrity." he chuckled. Byul can't help but smile at his joke but didn't let her feel satisfied in begging him to stay. 

"We're all good, right?" she asked suddenly. Jeonghan's faces changes but then smile with his eyes didn't smile together. 

"We need to leave. Your show is about to go up." Jeonghan signs the time at his watch. Byul didn't say anything when Jeonghan turns her around and push her back to the path and to the room. Within 10 minutes, the producer call Byul to get ready backstage. They walk there and he Byul is up, they get ready with the set and music. The MC is taking their time to do the introduction on Byul. Byul takes a glance at Jeonghan before grabbing his hands and talking with her eyes. Jeonghan smiles and nods at her eyes. Then Byul leaves to the stage with a heavy-hearted. 

 

"La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh
La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~

Eoduwotdeon nae ane niga naeryeo ongeoya
Machi hanjulgi daleoreom


Haru haruga haengbokae maeil maeireul gidae hagedwae
Neol alge doen yojeum
(Dugeundugeun)

Oh!! seolleneunmankeum dagagagopeun keojyeoganeun nae sarang
Kkaegisileun kkum hyanggigadeuk kkotbarameul tago on
Geudaeneun namanui bom

Dugeundugeun La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~

Jeonghaejin unmyeongingeolkka? (uyeoneun aniya)
Yejeongdoen inyeoningeolkka?

Dabeun eodiedo eopjiman hangaji hwaksilhangeon
Neol boneun nae mami ireoke
(Dugeundugeun)

Oh!! seolleneunmankeum dagagagopeun keojyeoganeun nae sarang
Kkaegisileun kkum hyanggigadeuk kkotbarameul tago on
Geudaeneun namanui bom

Dugeundugeun La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~

Maneun saramdeul soge uriga manna
Hamkke nanun sungan sungan kkum gateun sigan

Neoreul aneul ttae sesang modeun haengbogeul da gajin geot gata
Neoreul saranghae Yeah~ Yeah~ Yeah~ (Woo~wah!)
(Dugeundugeun)

Oh!! seolleneunmankeum dagagagopeun keojyeoganeun nae sarang
Kkaegisileun kkum hyanggigadeuk kkotbarameul tago on
Geudaeneun namanui bom

Dugeundugeun La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~

La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~
Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, La, LaLaLa, LaLaLa~"

 

The show ended and it ended well with Byul winning on her first week of a comeback. She did an encore and invites Jeonghan but he declines. She celebrates well with her dancer that night. Jeonghan already disappeared from the crowd but she knows he left to meet up with his friends. Chanyeol coming and giving him the best gift. His kiss. Everyone in the restaurant is wooing over them. Not long after, Mr.Lee comes and celebrates the first winning for this song as well. He treats all of them. 

The next morning, Byul still needs to wake up early as she had a tight schedule planned for her for a week promotion before she goes all out with the mini-album at the end of the month. After she is ready, she gets out of the room but feeling weird to hear two different voices in her kitchen. She sneakily peeks into the kitchen behind the wall but when she realizes Chanyeol and Jeonghan are talking, she feels relieved. She walks to the kitchen without greeting them. She opens the refrigerator and takes out her water bottle and faces the guys. 

"What?" she asked before gulping down the water. 

"Jeonghan bought a coffee," Chanyeol said and Jeonghan raises the coffee cup. 

"Thanks. I can drink that on my way to Incheon." she walks to Chanyeol and hugs him. Chanyeol hugs her back with a rub behind her back. Jeonghan takes a hint to get up. 

"I'll be waiting at the door," Jeonghan said. 

"What door? Car door?" Byul asked, jokingly before push herself from Chanyeol. She slaps Jeonghan's arms before giving a peck to Chanyeol and brushes their nose. 

"I'll be home late babe!" she said. 

"Your manager informed me already." Chanyeol gets up with Jeonghan to send them off at the door. She's wearing a sandal of the brand that she's an ambassador for. Jeonghan grabbing the big handbag in her hands and leading the way. 

"Bye babe. Love you!" she said and leaves. Chanyeol shakes his head and roams back into the house. Byul's leaving with Jeonghan and she's taking the coffee cup from his hands. 

"What did you talk with Chanyeol?" she asked, curious.

"Nothing. Just someplace to go in America later." Byul looks at him dissatisfied. The elevator door opened and they entered. 

"Please focus on your job here in Korea. You are not yet in America and don't think about America at all!" Byul said. Jeonghan chuckled but fixing her hair. 

"It's not that bad to know about the place, huh?" Byul hit his hands and push away. She looked at him with a death stare. "Okay. I'm not going to talk about America or quitting at all." Byul pouts but still talks with him on their way to Incheon. For the week, her promotion going well and her mini album is coming up soon. The teaser, the fans already hyping about that. 

When it's time for another comeback performance, Byul gets shocked by the news that Jeonghan is flying to America today. Her new manager that replaced Jeonghan was forced to drive her to the Incheon airport. Her request is denied at first as she has a performance in less than 3 hours. She can't skip rehearsal as this is important for the team. But Byul forces him or his manager job is over. Luckily, she overheard a conversation between two of her stylist. 

"I know right." a voice from behind the wall is heard by Byul. She ignored it at first. 

"But how about Byul-ssi? Did she know about Jeonghan?" she paused and stares at the wall. 

"I don't think so. Should we tell her?" Byul frowned and walking past the wall. They are shocked to see Byul. 

"What's up with Jeonghan?" she asked the stylist. They both their lips and looked down. "Mina-ssi! What's up with Jeonghan? Where is he, anyway?" she feels the emptiness when Jeonghan is not around for the past few days, letting the new guy get used to the job. 

"Errr..." they both nudged each other. 

"Mina-ssi! Chaeyoung-ssi! Where is Jeonghan?" Byul starts to feel anxious and nervous. She left them and runs to her resting room. She burst in and surprise everyone. 

"Where is Jeonghan, Youngjae-ssi?" he blinks in nervous. Byul walks to him and grabs his collar. "Where is Jeonghan!" 

"B-Byul-ssi, he advised me to accompany you to do the rehearsal." 

"Where is Jeonghan!" 

"Byul-ah, don't do the young man like that. Let's calm down." Mr. Lee's voice heard at the door and everyone bows politely to him. Byul turns around and lets go of the collar. "He is your manager right now. Don't make him scared being your manager." Byul tears streaming down to her cheeks. 

"Where is Jeonghan?" her lips trembling. Mr.Lee sighs. "Mr.Lee!" 

"He told me to come here and look after you in case something is happening." Byul walks closer to Mr.Lee and grabs his hands. She's begging in her own way with glassy eyes. 

"Mr.Lee." she gulped before sniffs. "Tell me, he is still in Korea." Mr.Lee looks at her. 

"Byul-ah. Let him go." Mr.Lee said and Byul immediately grabs her purse and runs out. Her manager follows her and Mr.Lee didn't do anything, just ask the manager to bring her to the airport faster and bring her back faster before the show starts. He'll talk with the producer. Byul is rushing to the car, passing through some artists and staff. The manager is running behind her and past her at a certain point to reach the car first. He opens the door for Byul and runs to the driver seat after Byul is getting inside the car. She dialed Jeonghan's number but he didn't pick it up. 

"Hurry up!" she yelled at the new manager. After almost an hour of fast driving to the airport, they finally arrived and Byul immediately leaves the car. She didn't care if the manager follows her or not. She runs towards the departure section but she didn't know where to go. 

"B-Byul?" then she heard her name get called from the side. She paused for a while before turning to her side slowly. Very slowly with her heart beating fast. There, Jeonghan is standing right there with luggage in his hand. Her eyes getting glassy and her lips are trembling. Her knee is weak and she fell on the ground. Jeonghan hurriedly picks her up and drag her to the nearest chair to take a seat. 

"What are you doing in here? I thought you were," Byul gives him a glare. A death stare, to be correct. Jeonghan sighs heavily and palms his face. "You aren't supposed to be this selfish. You are a top star, Byul-ah. You can't just leave your work and-" 

"Today is my comeback day! And you're leaving? Can't you do it after my performance so that I can be here with you? Who is the selfish one now?" she yelled and people near them are staring at them. Jeonghan calming her down as he holds her hands and rubbing them. He didn't want people to recognize her so much so he gave her the cap that he is wearing to cover her face. He cleared his throat. 

"B-Byul. I didn't mean to leave you on this day but I think, today is a perfect day." Byul frowned. Jeonghan his dry lips. "I'm leaving, Byul. My flight is in three hours." Jeonghan said. 

"Why can't you go another day? Why today?" Byul is asking him. Jeonghan leans back on the chair and takes a deep breath. "Does Sowon knows that you're leaving today?" Byul asking him. Jeonghan takes a look at her before nodding his head. Byul gasped and tears falling to her cheeks. She bites her lips so that she won't cry a lot. She looked somewhere else. 

"Everyone knows except you, I guess. Mr.Lee wants to keep it exclusive from you." Jeonghan tries to make a little joke but it didn't work on her today. 

"Chanyeol knows as well, then?" Byul asking without turning her face to him. Jeonghan hums the answer and Byul closed her eyes. "So many secrets between me and Chanyeol, I guess." 

"Hey." Jeonghan pulls her inside his arms. "Don't be mad at him. Don't blame him while I'm the one that did dirty stuff." Jeonghan breaks the hug and facing her. "He loves you, I get that. I love you, it's dangerous." Byul rolled her eyes. 

"It may seem not serious on you but I truly love you. I don't want to do another mistake, Byul-ah. I don't want to keep wanting you, kissing you. Even right now, I want to kiss you so much." Byul hits his shoulder hard and he flinched. 

"I don't want you anymore," she said. 

"That's why I'm leaving," Jeonghan replied. 

"I don't want you anymore as a... between male and female. I want you as a friend. You're supposed to be my manager and handling my life. This position is so personal to me, Jeonghan. No one can do it better than you." Jeonghan chuckled. "Not even this new guy. He's slow. He's driving within the speed limit while I'm asking him to go fast to get here. Isn't he stupid or something?" 

"It called not getting a speed ticket. He's good then. He caught me." Jeonghan chuckled but Byul didn't find it funny.  She crossed her arms. "Hey, give him a chance. Give everyone a chance. He can do it better than me if he knows how to handle a badass ." Jeonghan brushes her nose using his fingertips. Byul glares at him. 

"I'm saying the truth." Jeonghan shrugged. Then both of them go to silence with both not talking and just facing each other while leaning back on the chair. 

"So what now? You're leaving for America for good?" 

"I'll be back. But not so soon. My dad plans a special trip to Dubai for our opening new location." 

"Dubai, huh?" 

"He's a great businessman like Mr.Lee." then they stopped and Byul's phone is ringing. It's Chanyeol. Jeonghan sees that and smirk. "Pick it up," he said. Byul answer the phone. 

"Hey, babe." 

"You're at the airport?" Chanyeol asked. 

"Yeah." 

"Saying goodbye to Jeonghan?" Chanyeol asked without any jealousy. 

"I'm bawling here, babe," Byul replied while staring at Jeonghan. He laughs. 

"You want me to pick you up?" Chanyeol is ready to get her. 

"Nah, I'll be fine. My new manager is here so I'll be leaving with him." Byul is looking around. "Once I see him. He lost me." Chanyeol chuckled. 

"I bet you're running in your heels," Chanyeol said and Byul checks her outfits. It's her stage outfit, so uncomfortable yet she didn't care about it while running towards the airport. Jeonghan checks her outfit as well and shakes his head with a smile on his face.

"Can I get love from you later? I'm sad. My friend is leaving me for good right here." Byul grabs Jeonghan's hands and holds them tight. Jeonghan nods at her touch. Friend. That's what they are and always be. Supposed to be. Jeonghan is just glad Byul is fine being friends with him and Chanyeol is fine with Byul being friends with her ex-boyfriend. 

"Sure, babe. Now, say goodbye to your boy. I have a meeting in 3 minutes." Chanyeol said. 

"Okay. Bye." 

"Bye, take care. Send my regards to Jeonghan." 

"You don't want to talk with him, yourself?" Byul is ready to pass the phone to Jeonghan. 

"Nah, I'm holding on from not bawling right here, babe." Chanyeol's answer makes Byul pouts and nodding her head in a low. "Okay then. Bye. Take care. Love you."

"Love you too." the call ended and Byul lifts up her head with tears already streaming down on her face. Jeonghan is surprised but caught her in his arms again. She's literally bawling right now, attracting other people's attention again. 

"Byul-ah, people staring at us." 

"I don't care! You're my buddy! You can't leave me!" Byul said while hugging him tightly.

"I'll call you." 

"I'm busy," Byul replied and it makes Jeonghan chuckled. 

"Okay then, you call me." 

"Our time is a difference now," Byul replied again and it makes Jeonghan sighs. 

"I'll come back," he said, finally. Byul pushes him away and sticks out her pinky finger. Jeonghan raised his eyebrows. 

"You'll come back, promise me." Jeonghan smiles and connected their pinky finger. 

"I promise." a few minutes after, Jeonghan send her back to the manager that has been waiting at their car since 30 minutes ago. Byul is already sitting inside but she still holding his hands. The new manager is already ready to drive back to the broadcasting company. 

"You'll be late, Byul-ah." 

"You promise."

"Yes, I promise. But hey, we can still contact each other. It doesn't matter if the time difference. We still can exchange messages." Byul nods her head. Then after a few pats, she gets inside and closes the door. 

"Take care of her, Youngjae-ssi." then the car drives away with his heavy-hearted. He walks back inside the airport with a deep breath. Start fresh. In the car, Byul is smiling as she is feeling satisfied with the goodbye although within the short times. She looks forward to the manager and sighs. 

"Youngjae-ssi, I'm sorry for making things hard today," she said. 

"Oh, no. It's okay, Byul-ssi. I understand. Everyone in the company is taking their time saying farewell to Jeonghan-ssi for these past few days." Youngjae told her. Byul smiles and nods her head. 

"Thank you once again for driving me here." Byul is feeling thankful to have a little bit of time with Jeonghan. 

 

Write - I forget, dang it!
Re-check - 6/5/2021 | 11:23AM