Ch.15 - Reunion

A Lone Star 2

2 years and a half later...

 

Byul gets out of the car and walks straight from the broadcasting company to the car. She waves to the fans waiting outside the building while making her way to the car. Near the car, she poses for her fansite and waves again. She walks closer to them and leaves the car after eyeing her manager. She takes the letter and gifts from fans while talking with them. Youngjae, her manager groans jokingly while following her around. Byul takes a selfie with the fan's phone before Youngjae pulled her away from the fan slowly. He whispers to her about the dinner tonight. Byul still gives her fans a smile before turning back to Youngjae and gives her a glare. 

"I'm not afraid, Byul-ssi," Youngjae said. After working for her for almost three years, he knew her too well that sometimes annoys Byul. Because she can't get mad at him and he will never cross the boundaries although he tried to be strict with Byul. She stops looking at him and starts walking backward with Youngjae holding her arms. She's waving until she gets inside the car. Youngjae bows to the fans politely for taking their idol away from them while having such a good time.

Youngjae gets inside the car and starts to drives out of the building. Byul stares at her trophy. She wins first place again today for her goodbye stage. At the encore, she dances using acupuncture sandals and it's hurting her but Youngjae already prepares the ice pack for her to cool down the boiling blood inside her system.

"Youngjae-ah, you already booked the restaurant right?" Byul asked him. Youngjae nods.

"Yeah. Who are you meeting anyway? It's so big for only 5 people." Youngjae said. Byul grins. She leans closer to the passenger seat as she is seating at back and looking at Youngjae who's driving very carefully. The rain just stopping at this area and he didn't want to get them into an accident.

"Well, my old friend. Sowon is there as well." Byul said. Youngjae hums and nodding his head. He didn't want too much information but sometimes, they are too comfortable with each other and Byul gives too much information. 

"I'm going to get drunk, I think," Byul said again. Youngjae makes a sound in his mouth that disagrees with her words. 

"Don't drink too much." Byul pouts. "I need to drop you off at Chanyeol's dance studio right?" 

"Yup!" Byul gathers her things as the broadcasting company and Chanyeol's dance studio are not that far. 

"Listen, Byul-ssi. Don't drink too much. You cannot have a scandal right after your comeback. It's not good for your image and publicity." Youngjae reminds her. Byul glares at the back of his head. "You might hate me now but you will be thankful that I remind you all of this." Youngjae continued, get the feeling that Byul is jokingly mad at him. Byul rolled her eyes and smiles. 

"I won't. Chanyeol won't drink too because he's driving." then not long after, they arrived. Youngjae gets down to open the door for Byul. Surprisingly, he bumps Chanyeol at the door and the boyfriend opens the door Byul.

"Chanyeol-ssi, please don't drink too much." Youngjae reminds him politely. Getting closer to Byul means getting closer with Chanyeol too as they met every day as Youngjae will send her to their house or this dance studio that Chanyeol's own a year ago. 

"I know, kiddo!" Chanyeol said while bumps the shoulder. Youngjae giggled. 

"Hey, stop it! I know, I won't drink too much." Byul said. Then Youngjae bowed politely and left with the car. Byul walks inside the dance studio. Chanyeol bought the building and opens his own dance studio about a year ago. This is his dream and he finally achieved it. A lot of trainees get scouted over here due to their dancing skills and sometimes Chanyeol scouted a few of them when he realized they got much more skills to show. Byul and Chanyeol greet whoever they meet in the hallway through Chanyeol's office room. 

"Did Jeonghan said he will drive there on his own? I hope he won't get lost." after 2 years and a half, they haven't met up with each other, finally, Jeonghan is back in Korea for business purposes and Byul grabs that opportunity to catch up. She literally booked a room in a restaurant to have dinner with Jeonghan and Sowon with her new boyfriend. 

"I don't know. He said he's at Gimpo. Sending his client there then he will come to the restaurant." Byul replied while looking at her phone. Chanyeol gets his stuff before sitting next to Byul. 

"Let me see you," Chanyeol said and turn the seat so that Byul can face her. Byul smiles and leans closer to Chanyeol. He is still a romantic at the beginning and it makes Byul never feels tired of loving him. 

"You removes your makeup, huh?" Chanyeol guess. Byul nods. 

"But I asked them to put some light makeup on me so that I won't look pale," Byul tells him. Chanyeol admitted that. He cupped her face and Byul leans on that hands. 

"You are beautiful, did you know that?" 

"I know. Absolutely get that." they chuckled. "So, where are my kisses? I win first again today." Byul pouts her lips and Chanyeol chuckled. He kisses her and it slowly turns from a kiss to a hot kiss. Chanyeol lifted her up from the seat to his lap. There, they break the kiss and both pants hard. Their forehead leans to each other and they laughed. 

"We can't be late for our own appointment, baby," Chanyeol said. Byul then gives a kiss on his forehead. 

"Then, let's get moving." they left the studio after Chanyeol let his staff knows his schedule for tomorrow. On their way, in the car, Byul gets a call from Jeonghan and she answered happily. 

"Jeonghan-ah! Where are you?" 

"Byul-ah, I'll be a little bit late for dinner. I just drop off my client and it's the jam. I'm stuck in Gimpo." Jeonghan tells her. 

"But you will come, right?" Byul starts to worrying. Jeonghan chuckled as he knows her attitude. 

"Yes, I will come my dear. But I'll be late. I'll let you know when I'm almost there. Okay? See you there!" 

"Okay. See you soon! Drive carefully!" then they hang up after Jeonghan replied to her. Byul looks at Chanyeol. "Jeonghan will be a bit late. It's traffic at Gimpo." 

"No wonder," Chanyeol replied shortly, and not long after, they arrived. After they parked their car, they get inside the restaurant and inform the staff about the presence. Then a minute later, the staff lead them to their booking room. They enter the room and surprisingly, Sowon already arrived. 

"Sowon-ah!" Byul runs to her and Sowon immediately gets up to hug her senior a.k.a. closest unni. Chanyeol shakes hands with a man that sits next to Sowon. 

"How are you?" Chanyeol asked.

"Good. Hyung? How is the studio?" he asked. 

"Good. Doing well, thankfully." then the lady takes a seat. Byul wiggles her eyebrows at the man next to Sowon. He smiles shyly. Sowon giggled. 

"Congratulations on being public with your relationship," Byul said. 

"Well, we don't want it actually but the Dispatch caught us," he said. 

"Seung Cheol-ah, there is nothing bad to hide anyway," Chanyeol said to a man named Seung Cheol. He nods his head hearing words from a man that experience with public relations. 

"How long have you guys been dating?" Byul asked. 

"About a year," Sowon answered. 

"Two weeks to a year." Seung Cheol answered specifically. Sowon hit his arms in embarrassment.  

"How's work at the company? You're already a year and plus?" Chanyeol asked.

"A year and a half already." Seung Cheol let him know. He is a famous producer but working as a freelancer until the company cast him and became their producer. Now, he is permanently in the company until his contract finished. 

"Last week, Woozi Oppa said that you are making a lot of good music for the new group. They are debuting next year, is it?" Byul shares the news. 

"Oh, yeah. I think next year. But my song didn't get on the list yet. I'm just sending a few." Seung Cheol answers humbly.

"It's okay. I think your song will be picked soon because your song is so likable in the meeting." Chanyeol said as he participates in the meeting for the new group debut. Seung Cheol's eyes sparkled hearing the news but he didn't want it to be so high hope. Sowon rubs his hands with her thumb. 

"See, I told you not to worry so much," Sowon said in the sweetest voice. Byul smiles seeing the happy couple.

She still remembers the first time Sowon confronts her saying that she thinks she fell in love again. Byul is surprised when she shares that news with her. Sowon came to her and said she met this guy in a recording studio and she feels shy so. The man also didn't make so much eye contact with her but seeing his reaction, she thinks he likes her too. Her guess, after a few meetings, they are brave enough to get closer to each other and get to know each other. By the way, GFriend dating banned already lifted not long after her breakup with Jeonghan. Then, Byul's phone ringing and everyone looks at her. 

"Oh, hello? Where are you?" 

"Byul-ah, is this the correct place? I think so. Can you wait for me at the front?" Jeonghan said. Byul grins and shakes her head. 

"Okay, New York man. Wait there," she said and gets up. "I need to get the prince out of the car. He lost, I think."  they laughed. Byul gets out of the room and walks to the entrance. There, she can see how Jeonghan is struggling to let the staff check the name.

"Jeonghan-ah," she calls him. Jeonghan lifted up his head and a big smile across his face make Byul feel lightened up. "He's my guest," Byul said to the staff and they acknowledged it. Byul hugs him and they are in a moment for a while before Jeonghan pulled away and brushes her hair. 

"You dye your hair to ash purple, huh." Jeonghan checks her hair. Byul hit his chest and grab his hands. 

"You should see Sowon's hair," Byul said and immediately Jeonghan exhales a heavy breath. To be honest, he is nervous about meeting Byul but especially Sowon. Although they still keep in touch and Sowon already let him know that she got a new boyfriend but the past memories make him having a stomachache. 

"So, how's the road?" she invites him to talk on their way to the room. Byul takes small steps as she can sense the nervousness in Jeonghan's system. 

"Well, the traffic is no different than in New York but at least in New York, I'm using the train sometimes. I can't handle the traffic, it's too packed." Jeonghan said. 

"Your workload?" Byul asked again. 

"Stressful." Jeonghan nervously chuckled. "But I'm doing better at it. I'll be living in California for our branch there. I already bought a house, just in case I want to forever live there." Byul pouts and stops taking steps. Jeonghan looked at her, confused. 

"You don't want to come back here to Korea?" Byul asked him in seriousness. Jeonghan smiles and pinches her cheek. 

"I'll be here for vacation. But my dad got a plan to open a company branch here." then, Byul eyes start to get widen with a smile on her face. Jeonghan shakes her head. "Stop being cute, can you?" he brush her head. 

"I'm happy to see you. That's it. Here, the room." Jeonghan stares at the room. "Are you ready?" Jeonghan nods and Byul opens the door. Once the door is open, she entered and he follows. There, he can see Chanyeol, Sowon, and a guy that definitely is Sowon's boyfriend. She shows his picture once a few months ago.

"Dude!" Chanyeol calls him and they hugged. "I'm glad to see you, Jeonghan-ah!" then, they shake hands before Chanyeol turns him to Seung Cheol. "This is Seung Cheol, a new producer in the company." Jeonghan and Seung Cheol shake hands. 

"My boyfriend." Sowon interrupts to avoid awkwardness. Seung Cheol is feeling amazed to see Jeonghan face that has an idol feature. Jeonghan glances at Sowon and smiles. 

"Glad to see you found someone that less handsome than me," Jeonghan said. Sowon pouts and hugs Seung Cheol's arms. 

"He is definitely handsome than you," Sowon said. Seung Cheol is shy hearing the compliments. 

"Okay. I hope you are not getting bored with her." Jeonghan whispers to Seung Cheol but everyone can hear him. 

"Oppa!" Sowon hit his shoulder. They all laughed and take a seat. Jeonghan is sitting at the center because he came as a single person so they can talk with him comfortably.

"So, what's up with life?" Chanyeol asked him. Meanwhile, Byul and Sowon are looking at the menu book to starts ordering their food. Jeonghan cleared his throat. 

"Well, busy with meeting the client. Fly here and there. I've been so busy that I miss my own birthday for two years now." Jeonghan makes a joke and they chuckled. 

"You're staying in New York now?" Chanyeol asked again.

"Yup. But I'll be moving on to California. Staying there. Bought a house, actually." Jeonghan said. 

"Really?" 

"Yeah, my dad wants me to take care of our branch in California," Jeonghan said further. Then the waitress walking inside and the lady ordered for them. After 15 minutes of ordering, they finally get to talk again. 

"So... do you find someone?" Byul asked. Jeonghan blinked. 

"Come on, don't be so naive. Do you have a new girlfriend?" Sowon backing up Byul. Jeonghan grins. 

"I'm busy. I don't have time to be in a relationship." 

"He lied," Sowon said. 

"Obviously." Byul back up her. The man looks at each other and chuckled. 

"Okay. There is one girl. Her name is Bethy." the ladies start to paying attention. "She likes me. She confesses but I was caught with work that I ignore her confession. She lives next door." the ladies stare at him with a bad reaction. 

"What you guys want?" Jeonghan asked. 

"Some spicy stuff maybe?" Seung Cheol guesses. 

"Yeah! Did you have any hook-up or stuff? I bet you are into this Bethy girl." Byul said. 

"W-What do you mean? I'm not into her and I didn't do a hook-up. That's so cheap." Jeonghan replied. 

"Yeah, like we believe you are not liking this Bethy girl. She must be so pretty or-" 

"Dumb for liking you. She might be a fictional character." Byul finishes Sowon's sentence. Jeonghan gasped. He takes out his phone and finds something in the gallery. 

"Girls, you guys are so-" 

"Here." Jeonghan cuts Chanyeol's word and shows them a photo of a blonde girl hugging him. They seem like in the party. Byul and Sowon smile at each other once they saw the photo. 

"See, it's not that hard to admit you are in a relationship with Bethy." Byul points out. Jeonghan rolled his necks. 

"I'm not saying yes to her proposal. As I said, I ignored her and after all, forget about that damn confession." Jeonghan seems serious. Sowon pouts. 

"Why don't you say something to her? I bet she still waiting for you." 

"How did you get that photo? How did you meet her anyway?" Byul asked after Sowon asking him too. 

"First of all, she's my neighbor. She lives next door with her puppy. And we met at the apartment party. We have mutual friends, fortunately. That's how we know each other and that's where we found out that we lived literally next to each other." Jeonghan opens the story. 

"You like her?" Byul asked. 

"I'm not into love right now. I am really busy with my work. A-And, I'm moving out to California so there is no chance an active New York girl wants a long-distance relationship with a guy like me." Jeonghan said. Chanyeol and Seung Cheol just listening to their conversation until Jeonghan stops talking. 

"Guys, I'm sorry if your girl shows their interest in me too much." Jeonghan teasing them when he realizes they being silent along with the 'investigation' from the ladies. 

"I'm not worried. Are you, Seung Cheol?" Chanyeol asked him. 

"I'm a bit worried because today Sowon wears a different perfume." Seung Cheol teasing her. Sowon eyes widen open and gasped.

"I-" 

"You're wearing this perfume because you want to flirt Jeonghan, huh?" Seung Cheol raised a question that makes everyone goes silent. Sowon is shocked to hear the question from him. Frankly, Seung Cheol never shows any jealousy in their relationship. This doesn't make Sowon feel bad but happier. After fooling Seung Cheol by giving a reaction that he wants, Sowon smiles. 

"You notice my perfume?" she smirks. Seung Cheol frowned. Now the tables turned, Sowon thinks. Everyone starts to panic including Jeonghan. He didn't want to be the center of their problem.  

"You really wearing a different perfume for tonight's dinner?" Seung Cheol asked her again. 

"Why not? This perfume is an old perfume. Jeonghan Oppa bought it for me when he flew to Japan." Sowon replied. "Oppa, do you remember that? I'm begging you to follow me to Japan and you did. We went to some sneaky date and you bought this for me." Sowon looks at Jeonghan and a second after, Jeonghan feels relief. Sowon is lying and she just wants to boyfriend. Jeonghan smiles and nodding his head. Byul looks at Jeonghan with narrowed eyes and figures it out immediately. 

"Wow, you never bought me anything back then," Byul said. Jeonghan and Sowon look at her and find out their secret mission immediately. Chanyeol looks at her in confusion. He feels weird. Seung Cheol still stares at Sowon. 

"I'm sorry. But I bought you a bouquet. A big one." Jeonghan lied. "And that perfume is long ago. You bought it again or it still the same one?" Jeonghan put his attention to Sowon back. Just to draw more drama. 

"I refill it with the same bottle you give it to me. It's too precious and I didn't dare to throw it away. I love it." Sowon answered. This time, Seung Cheol starts to feel that he's losing in this game. 

"I bought you a bouquet. A big one. Too." Chanyeol said suddenly. The man looks upset. Jeonghan sighs and tapped their back. 

"Guys, this is a prank." Seung Cheol and Chanyeol lifted up his head to Jeonghan before turning to their girlfriend. 

"It is. Awww, babe! Of course, I love your bouquet. It's a beautiful bouquet, babe." Byul kisses his cheek right away. But not Sowon when Seung Cheol looks at her, waiting for clarification.

"But I still do have the first perfume bottle you give it to me. And this smell is from that bottle." Sowon said it to Jeonghan. 

"But... that bottle is in small size." Jeonghan continued. 

"I refill it for today." Sowon then looks at Seung Cheol. "Aww, you look so cute when you're jealous. I love this." Sowon brushes their nose together and Seung Cheol feels relief. 

"I thought you still like Jeonghan." Sowon laughs. 

"I love you." she gives him a peck before hugging him. 

"Okay, tonight is too long for all of these. I can't believe you guys trick us!" they laughed and not long after, their food arrived. They were in that room, eating while having a conversation for about two hours. Then, they ended the dinner. Luckily, none of them is drunk so Sowon and Seung Cheol leaves first. Chanyeol, Byul, and Jeonghan waving at them while standing outside the restaurant. 

"So, you're sleeping at our home?" Byul asked. Jeonghan looks at her. 

"No, it's okay. You guys can go back now." 

"Hey, let's go. Stay in for the night at our home. You haven't seen our home yet." Chanyeol tries to persuade him.

"Come on, Jeonghan-ah." Jeonghan looks at Chanyeol for the last time before he nods his head. Byul is cheering up and then they start to drives to the new house owns by the couple. They bought a house together at an exclusive place in the center of Seoul. Jeonghan follows them from behind driving through the night. 

 

Write - WTH! I forget this one too, ugh!!
Re-check - 6/5/2021 | 11:35AM