Chapter 4

Smile

 

 “I still think this is a very bad idea.” Daehyun roll his eyes and smack Youngjae's head. “Can you just shut up?! If this bother you so much, just think this as helping a friend to get into her house.”

Why in hell are we helping the friend to get in her house when she have her own house key?!”

She lost her house key and she don't have a spare key.”

Good point.”

Can both of you shut up and look out for anyone?” Himchan hiss at both of them. We were hiding in the shadows at the street apposite of my house – or should I say use to be my house. “Guys, quiet down. I hear someone.” Zelo whisper and on cue, I hear Youni screaming. “ARRRGGGGHHHH!!!! YOU USELESS PIECE OF TRASH! STOP CRYING ALREADY!” Kanae was crying and it took my everything to stop me from barging in the house. “Calm down, Dasom. I know how you feel.” Himchan give my shoulder a squeeze. “Hang on there, Kanae. I'll come and take you out of this hell.” the front door slam and I see Youni and that bastard walking away from the house. “Here's our chance. They won't come back till dawn. We got to hurry.” We run to the front door and I fish out my house key. Yongguk snatch my keys away and throw it somewhere. “HEY!”

There's no need for that. It wouldn't be called break in if we use the key now will it.” I sigh and watch as Himchan kick the door open. “Make the house as messy as you can. Jongup and Himchan, go follow Dasom and help her. Let's get this party started!” Himchan and Jongup follow me to get Kanae at her room. I burst the door open and run to her. “Kanae! Oh god! I'm so, so sorry for not coming home.” I hug her and rock her side to side. “Where's her things?”

It's in the drawer.” Himchan nod and start to pack. “Let me have her. You go and pack your things.” Reluctant, I hand Kanae to Jongup. “Hey, there, Kanae. Things are going to be just fine. Don't you worry, sweet heart.” she cuddle closer to Jongup. “That's a first. She never wants anybody else than me.” he smile and follow me to my room to help me pack. As soon as we, including Himchan, finish packing, we run downstairs and get the shock of my life. The house looks like a typhoon had pass through. “What....the.....fu -”

Dasom, you're done?”

Yongguk, what the happened? It look like a huge typhoon had pass through! Youni is gonna be piss beyond repair!”

That means we did a good job! Come on! Let's get the hell out of this hell hole!” we run out from the house and get in Yongguk's van. I look at Kanae's happy face as Zelo and Youngjae play with her and my heart feel light. “Dasom.” I turn my head and look at Jongup. “Are you okay? You're crying.” I wipe away the tears and nod. “I'm just....glad that she's with me.”

Mumm...mmy...”

Err, Dasom. I think she's calling you.” I turn and look at Kanae. Her hand was reaching for me and I smile a little. I take her from the boys and hug her tight. “I will never let anything happen to you, baby. I won't and never will let your parents hurt you again. Never had, never will.” I mumble against her skin and inhale her strawberry and cherry shampoo.

 

It's been two month Kanae and I move in with the boys and our life had been hectic but we're happy. I start to be more open with them and I even talk, smile and laugh more. Not only that. My feelings....I had totally fallen in love with Jongup. He such a sweet guy and he can be dumb at most time but he really know how to make my day. I felt much more happier with him around. People at school were awed by the change and there are even guys who ask me out but I nicely reject them. They still ask me out but as friends. Kanae surprise me more often now. She start to play with the others and laugh more often. She talk often even though we can barely understand and she had begin her first few steps in walking. The best part was I was there for all of it. Me and Jongup. Both of us are unofficially had become her parents. It's Saturday and it's sunny so I decided to go out for a walk with Kanae since it's been a while I walk out with her. Did I mention that Himchan is very protective when it comes to Kanae? Well, he is. Very. “Where do you think you're going with Kanae?”

I'm going for a walk with her, oppa.” Oh. I didn't tell you guys. The guys FORCE me to call them 'oppa' except for Jongup because I voluntarily call him 'oppa'. Himchan shake his head. “No way. I am not letting you or Kanae go out without anyone else.”

But Himchan oppa ~”

Whining will not bring any good to this.”

Kanae haven't felt sunlight for a month now! She's gonna get yellow fever if she's kept indoors all the time ~”

What's all the noise about?”

Yongguk oppa, Himchan oppa won't let me go for a walk with Kanae ~” Yongguk raise a brow at me then at Himchan. ”Why not, Chanie?”

It's too dangerous. What if Kanae fall and hurt herself? What if she got sunburn? What if -”

That is a lot of 'what if'. Why don't you stop worrying and let them be?”

Yongguk!”

Alright. Alright. Will you feel better if there is someone with them?”

I guess.” Yongguk nod once and was about to say something when Kanae suddenly squeal. “Hey, sweety! Miss me?” Jongup carry her in his arms and nuzzle noses with her. She laugh and kiss his nose. “Were you guys going somewhere?”

I wanted to go for a walk with Kanae since she haven't felt sunlight for a month but Himchan oppa won't let me. He said it's too dangerous.”

Well, it is. What if someone kidnap you guys or ran you over?” I pout and cross my arm. Jongup sigh and scratch his head. “I'm free now. If you still want to go, I'll go with you and Kanae.” I face the other way and he walk towards me with Kanae. “Kanae, Momma Dasom is mad with me. What should I do?” she pat my shoulder and hug my neck from the back. “Mmmmmmuah!” she give me a sloppy kiss on the cheek and giggle. I smile and turn to face her. “You cute little pixie. Come here, you.” Jongup hand her over and smile. I look at him and frown. “You shouldn't have use her. You know she's my weakness, oppa.”

Do you still want to go?” I nod and we walk out of the house.

 

Third Person POV

 

Himchan roll his eyes and lock the door. “I swear those three look like the most perfect family.”

You jealous?”

Of course I am!” Yongguk smirks and back hug Himchan. “Don't worry, yeobo. We'll have one of our own one day.” he kiss Himchan on the cheek and Himchan struggle to free himself. “Eww! Let go of me, you gruesome man!”