Chapter 1

Smile

 

The world can be such a dull place. There's nothing but pain, suffer, torture and lust. Love? I don't believe in them. Why? Why should I? What is love? Can you see this so call love?

 

Like any other morning, I wake up to the sound of the baby crying. I drag myself out of bed and get the baby. “Shh~ There, there, Kanae ah. I'm here. Don't cry no more.” I rock her side to side and slowly she goes back to sleep. I lay her back in her cradle and sigh. “She finally shut up?” I turn around and see my so-called-guardian (sister), Youni leaning against the door frame, glaring at HER baby with disgust. I roll my eyes and walk pass her to get ready for school. I walk down the stairs while tying my tie and bump into my sister's boyfriend and the father of Kanae. He smirks and lean closer to my ear. “Need help with that?” I knee him down there and continue making my way towards the kitchen to make breakfast. I lock the door behind me as I walk out the door and make my way to school. Oh, school! How much I love my school. Fill with gangsters, smokers and druggies. Not to mention , s and e. I walk pass the school gate and try to ignore dirty smirks from ert male students and dramatic scoffs from the female students. “Yah! Mute! Stop right there.” I sigh and stop. I hung my head and wait for the queenka of the school, Qyuri to walk towards me. “Yah, where's my homework? Did you finish it? Yah! I'm talking to you, mute girl.” she and her posse push me around and cause me to fall first. Qyuri seize my bag and harshly yank my bag open. She literally trash my bag, take out all of my things and trow them in random direction. “Found it!” she drop my bag and scan through her notebook with a satisfied smirk. “Good girl. I'll see you later, mute.” she motion her posse and they left me. I let out a big sigh and start to collect my stuff. Suddenly a pair of arms were on my History notebook and I look up to see a very cute guy with blonde hair. “You look like you need help. Mind if I help?” I didn't answer and continue to pick up my things. He help me without a word. He past me my books and smile. “There you go. All done. By the way, I’m Jongup. Moon Jongup. What's your name?” I bow and walk away, leaving the boy glued to the ground and make my way towards class. I enter the class just in time for the class to start. Mr. Kwon, our homeroom teacher strode in and clear his throat. “Class, you're going to have a new classmate today. Come in and introduce yourself.” the door open and reveal the new student. Oh. My. God. You got to be joking. “Hi. My name is Moon Jongup but be free to call me Jongup. I hope we can get along with each other well.”

Mr. Moon, you may seat beside Ms. Son.”

Mute.” someone cough which cause the whole class to laugh. Mr. Kwon cleared his throat and look my way. “Ms. Son, please raise your hand.” involuntary I raise my arm up. Moments later, the chair beside me shifted and reveal a smiling face. “We meet again.” I nod and look back at the white board. The whole day was crap. Jongup try to make conversation with me but I will either nod or shake my head. This go for the rest of the month and surprisingly, he stayed by my side for the whole time even though he have other friends. He never get tired of me not talking or showing any other reaction. He always walk me to my workplace and to the bus stop everyday without fail but today I didn't see him at all. I couldn't focus for the whole day either at school or work. Is he sick? Did he get tired of me? Where is he?