Twelve

Coffee and Cigarettes and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coffee and Cigarettes and Everything in Between

 

Winter's POV

So here I am outside the building that Karina told me to go. It is located at the far end of the city so it took me a while to get here. Nothing interesting about the establishment, it's just like any other building in the city: tall, lot of floors and it screams executive feels. 

 

As I went inside the building the guard greeted me and asked which floor I'm headed and what errand I'm gonna do inside. He must have been suspicious because I'm wearing my normal clothes that is of course consist of a flannel shirt and jeans that literally gives out the "I'm not from here" vibes.

 

"Uhm I'm here to meet a friend." I politely answered him.

"May I ask who it is?" he replied with doubt still laced in his voice.

 

"My name's Winter, I'm here to meet Karina Yoo." I said with a small voice. After hearing my answer his face lit up and he gave me a smile.

 

"Why didn't you say so earlier? She's at the rooftop waiting for you. The elevator is there to your right." he said as he assisted me inside the building.

 

The guard waved me goodbye as I entered the elevator and I smiled at him in return. As the doors closed only then did I remember that I didn't even catch his name.

 

The elevator ride was quick and before I knew it I was already facing the door of the rooftop. But before I opened it, I collected myself first and fixed the flowers that I got for her. Once satisfied I held the doorknob, turned it and pushed the door open.

 

I was met by a gust of cold wind and the open sky. There was almost nothing here aside from some cleaning materials at the left side and a few benches here and there.

 

Amidst the emptiness of the place there was you. In a printed shirt, a leather jacket draped around your shoulders, denim shorts, a round eyeglasses loosely placed on your nose bridge and your hair tied up in a messy bun.

 

You sat there at the far end of the bench with a cigarette in hand. You must not have noticed me enter because you looked so calm this way unlike you're normal easy-going personality. I didn't wanna disturb you but I also didn't wanna just stare at you when I can be with you so I decided on the latter.

 

"Hey." I softly called out and broke your train of thoughts.

 

"Hey." you answered back as you drop your cigarette and motioned for me to come closer and sit beside you.

 

"So where are we?" I asked you.

 

"In one of my favorite places. I come here usually to think or just find a better perspective I guess" you answered as you took in the view in front of us. The sun was almost setting so the sky is a mix of different colors, the clouds in various shapes complimenting the sky and the skycrapers towering above the city. It was beautiful and you being here with me, it was perfect.

 

As I gave you the flowers, my gaze landed on the cigarette that you just dropped and it wasn't even halfway finished. I've noticed that after we started dating you barely smoke when we're together. I already told you that it didn't bother me so why?

"Winter you're not listening" you said with a chuckle. I must have been so immersed with my thoughts that I spaced out for a moment.

 

"Sorry. So what were you saying?" I asked with a shy smile and this time I made sure to pay attention.

 

"I said do you remember when I asked y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter