Twenty-four

Coffee and Cigarettes and Everything in Between
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Coffee and Cigarettes and Everything in Between

 

 

Winter

 

"You can sleep if you want. I'll wake you up when we get there." One in the morning. We're in the car again after dancing in the middle of the street. She's driving but I don't know where. She says it's a surprise.

 

The euphoria that I felt just a moment ago has calmed down.

 

"Aren't you tired? Don't you have to go to work later?"

 

"Baby, I think by now you're fully aware of how great my stamina is." She threw a wink paired up with a smirk at my direction before turning her gaze back to the road. It's dark but I know that my face is flushed at the moment. She's got great stamina alright. 

 

"How about work? Are you still going later?" I ask her trying to change the conversation into a less steamy one. And what else is better than work right?

 

"No. It's my day off today." 

 

"Day off? You still get to have one this week even though you already took a three-day leave last week?"

 

"Perks of being the favorite barista of the manager in the café." She says giddily.

 

"Yeah I can tell."

 

"Don't worry baby you're my favorite customer." 

 

"Why is there anyone else?" I ask with my chin up, trying to challenge her.

 

"Well, Giselle because she's your bestfriend." She says with a shrug. She reached for my hand, kissing the back of it before intertwining our fingers, "But my baby will always be first."

 

Yes, my heart is happy. Her little words and gestures like these are the ones I appreciate the most. 

 

A few moments of silence passed by and I'm reminded of a question I've always wanted to ask her. I softly called her, she hummed as a response with her eyes still fixed on the road.

 

"What should I call you?"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I mean you call me baby so what do you want me to call you?"

 

"You can call me anything you like. You can call me apple, cherry, honey or whatever you want because as long as you're the one calling for me I'd always respond to you."

 

"So should I call you unnie since you call me baby?" The car suddenly stopped. She looks at me laughing.

 

"Unnie? Seriously?"

 

"What? You call me baby! And you're a year older than me so what's wrong with unnie?" I said with my arms crossed, my lips pouting.

 

"Okay, okay. Unnie it is." She says throwing her hands in defeat but the smirk on her face says otherwise.

She unbuckles her seatbelt and leaned closer to me. Our faces only inches apart. Her eyes are dark, her lips are parted. I can hear her heavy breathing. Her lips reached for my ears and whispered, "So you like Unnie?" She ask as she slowly started ing her shirt. Her black lacy bra peeking slowly. My mouth goes dry. I couldn't speak, so I nodded in response.

"Okay. I'm Unnie. An unnie that touches you..." Her left hand caressing my legs, "an unnie that kisses you..." her lips went down to my neck this time and she started nibbling it, leaving wet kisses in its wake. Her right hand joined in the party. Her hands stop at my waist. Her left hand ready to my jeans, her fingers already hooked at my waist band, tugging it down. She reaches for my ear again and whispers, "an unnie that fuc—"

 

"Karina, karina. It's Karina!" I shouted as I tried pushing her away from me. She leaned back to her seat laughing her off. I couldn't bear to hear her words anymore. It sounds so weird to me. 

 

"Why? I thought you liked unnie?" She says emphasizing the word at the end. I covered both of my ears and shook my head no. "Karina. It's Karina, just Karina." Why does baby sounds so sweet and y at the same time but unnie just...I couldn't even imagine it. Why did I even thought of that word for an endearment?

 

She started to button up her shirt. The car roared the next second. She look at me before pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter