-5-

Who Shrunk Wannie?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Luckily, the shopkeeper gave them an address and phone number of the customer who bought the lamp from him. Feeling very disappointed, they went out of the shop and Wendy was now on the ground, walking slowly. She grabbed Seulgi’s loose jeans with her small hand when they started walking on the street. 

 

“Now what?,” Joy asked taking heavy steps.

 

“We go here and… buy that lamp from them,” Irene said, looking at the piece of paper with address and phone number in her hand. 

 

“What if they won’t give it to us?,” Yeri asked. 

 

“We’ll get it.. somehow,” Irene said after taking a pause. Their literal lives depended on it now. Well, mostly Wendy’s. 

 

They decided to walk to the location which was 25 minute walk from the shop. As they were all fit, they didn’t mind walking for so long. Wendy on the other hand was tired after just 15 minutes and she tugged on Seulgi’s jeans, getting her best friend’s attention. 

 

“Um.. I’m tired,” Wendy said in a small voice looking at her bear friend. 

 

Seulgi bent down and picked Wendy up in her arms, letting the latter to rest her head on her shoulder as they walked faster. Soon, they reached their destination. It was a small villa which had two floors and a small garden. It looked old from the architecture. They all ringed the bell and went inside the main gate which was opened. When they reached the door, they heard the clicking of lock and someone opening the door. To their surprise, it was a young man, possibly in his 30s, black hair, clean shaved. 

 

“Can I help you?,” the man asked, opening the door completely. 

 

“Hi yes.. are you.. Chanyeol?,” Irene asked, reading the name from the paper. 

 

“Yes.. why?,” he asked raising an eyebrow. 

 

“Actually we had a favour to ask you.. we know that you took an ancient lamp from a shop.. we wanted to know if we can buy it from you,” Seulgi said. 

 

“The golden lamp?,” Chanyeol asked again and received immediate nods. 

 

“No. It’s mine,” he denied, trying to close the door once again. 

 

Joy blocked it from closing by holding its edge. She opened it fully this time. 

 

“We’re willing to pay twice what you paid to buy it,” Joy said hopefully. 

 

“Why? What’s so special about the lamp?,” Chanyeol asked suspiciously, his eyebrows knitting together. 

 

“Actually… my daughter here.. she wants that and has been bugging us since some time now.. you know how kids are,” Seulgi spoke up, startling Wendy with her words.

 

“Yes she’s in her Aladdin phase. Since she got her eye on that lamp yesterday, she wants that,” Irene added confidently. 

 

“You can buy another lamp somewhere else,” Chanyeol stated coldly. 

 

“Cry,” Yeri whispered looking at the child. 

 

Wendy who rolled her eyes internally took a deep breath before starting to whine and making sniffing sounds in Seulgi’s arms. 

 

“Mommy I want the lamp..,” Wendy said, hiding her face in Seulgi’s neck, pretending to cry. 

 

“Look what you did.. you made our sister to cry..,” Yeri said, clicking her tongue in disappointment towards the young man. 

 

Chanyeol whose gaze was softened by a crying child let out a sigh. He moved away from the door, gesturing the girls to come in. All of them squealed in excitement and went in at once, looking around the hall. It was an old looking hall with cream coloured walls with dusty stains. To their surprise, the hall was filled by small shelves on which old looking ancient things were kept. 

 

“I can’t give you the lamp but I can allow your child to play with it for some time,” Chanyeol concluded, sounding final. 

 

The girls who looked disheartened but nodded anyways and let Chanyeol lead them to the small yet cosy living room which even had a fireplace. They sat down on the sofa, scanning their surroundings. In this while, Chanyeol got the lamp and placed it in Seulgi’s hands. 

 

“Look Wannie.. here’s the lamp you like,” Seulgi said in her baby voice. 

 

Wendy pretended to wipe her non-existing tears and fidgeted in her best friend’s lap, getting comfortable. Her eyes lit up seeing the familiar lamp and she squealed in a burst of excitement, holding it in her hands. Her smile was wide as she rubbed the sides of the lamp with her small hands continuously. 

 

“Ask for a wish Wendy,” Yeri said. She looked over at the man who was now looking at them. Luckily as Wendy was a child, this request didn’t sound weird. 

 

“I want to be 27 years old.. again..,” Wendy said, the last word in a whisper so that the man doesn’t hear it. 

 

Oh god please make me 27 again!

Wendy repeated in her head while rubbing the lamp slowly now. 

 

Irene hideously clicked a picture of the lamp so that she can research on it at home because clearly this man won’t give them the lamp so easily. After a few minutes, they returned the lamp to the man who had his eyes slightly wide. 

 

“Thank you,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter