19 Butterfly Buddy

KwonChaeng Love Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Genre: Fluff, Romance, First Love

Summary: 2 girls were trying to win something on a bidding for a limited edition book and decided to talk it out. Later they found that Eunbi hates Chaeyeon. Chaeyeon will apologize for their past and Eunbi will be surprised at reason for the sudden apology.

Word Count: 10045

Hashtag: #KwonChaeng_ButterflyBuddy

 

Butterfly Buddy

 

A one copy only book by Kang S.G. had been on an auction and a tall girl wearing glasses bid it for 100 million dollars. And a girl had offered 110 million dollars, but the girl wearing glasses offered 150 million dollars.


 

The host knew that this would be an interesting bid, so she told them to have a great talk on who will be taking the book, also because she doesn’t want them to spend too much for a book.


 

The girl in the glasses was the first one to arrive at where they were about to talk, and when the girl who bid besides the girl in the glasses came, she started the conversation.




 

Listen, I don’t have any time anymore to argue over this, how much do you want?” the girl wearing the sunglasses said

 

"Excuse me?" The smaller girl said

 

"Listen I don't want to waste anymore time anymore because I have my meeting, so let me get the book and I'll pay you how much you want" The girl in the sunglass said

 

The smaller girl then looked at the girl in front of her from head to toe. She is wearing an expensive suit and branded sunglasses. So she thought that she was one of those rich brat who knows that they can only get what they want by means of money. And the smaller girl wanted to get the book as much as she could. She was not ready to give away this limited book by her favorite author. She had been saving up some money so that she could buy Kang S.G’s book. And she doesn’t want this opportunity to pass. So she is willing to pay as much as she can to get this one and only book.


 

“I don’t want money. I only want Seulgi-sshi’s book. Don’t expect to get anything you want just because you have money, Miss” the smaller girl said as she was glaring at the taller girl.


 

The taller girl was getting impatient. She really has some business meetings but she wants to get this book. And she was getting a bit angry because the girl in front of her sounds rude. She took a deep breath to try to calm herself down and when she did, she removed her sunglasses and started talking.


 

“Look, you are being a bit irritating, Mis--” the taller girl didn’t finished talking when the smaller girl cuts her off

 

“Lee Chaeyeon?” the smaller girl said as she recognized the girl in front of her without her sunglasses, she was shocked recognizing the girl in front of her.



 

The tall girl can’t still recognize the girl in front of her. So she tried to remember someone’s voice and compared it to the voice of the girl in front of her.

 

“Eunbi?” She asked, trying to make sure that she is really right.


 

“So it’s you” Eunbi said as she frowned and glared towards the taller girl. She was actually mad at Chaeyeon because of something she can’t forget. And now, she’s trying to make Eunbi mad at her again.

 

“Wow, I didn’t recognize you, you look matured and p-pretty now” Chaeyeon said as she looked at Eunbi. But Eunbi just scoffed and shook her head. She thinks that Chayeon is saying all these because she is trying to make her give up on getting the book.


 

“Stop trying to say those. It won’t work for me” Eunbi said and rolled her eyes as she walked away from Chaeyeon. She thinks all that happened when they are in high school. And she can’t help but to get mad at Chaeyeon.



 

FLASHBACK

 

It was the first day of school and Chaeyeon is getting ready for it for about 4 weeks. She fished her phone and took a selca and posted it on her social media account. Chaeyeon is known as the heir of a famous gaming company. And she was also famous because of her looks. That’s why she was busy reading comments on her post but what made her lose her attention on her phone is when a girl had asked her if the chair beside her is empty.


 

“Uhm, excuse me, is this seat empty?” a girl with a milky white skin asked her.

“Uh no, you can sit here” Chaeyeon said and she was shocked that someone really wants to be her friend. And she is happy because the girl beside her looks like she doesn’t know who Chaeyeon is. And if that is the case, Chaeyeon wanted to be friends with this girl.


 

After the girl had taken her seat beside Chaeyeon, Chaeyeon looked at her to ask her something.

 

“Uhm, excuse me, but do you know who I am?” Chaeyeon asked and the girl beside her smiled at her, revealing her gums.

 

“You didn’t introduce yourself yet. So I don’t really know what your name is,” the girl beside her said, and after Chaeyeon heard it. She smiled. She always wanted to be friends with someone who doesn’t know her family background and this girl beside her, she just wanted to be friends with her.


 

“I’m Chaeyeon, Lee Chaeyeon,” Chaeyeon said and extended her hands for a handshake. She was hoping that after hearing her name, she still can’t recognize her. Because if that’s the case. Then she really wants to be friends with this girl beside her. It’s not that she doesn’t have any friends, there is her friend who happens to be the daughter of her father’s friend. But she wants to be friends with someone who doesn’t care how much money their company earns and how they run the company successfully.



 

The girl beside her eyes her hands and smiled. She then grabbed the hand to accept the handshake and then introduced herself while looking at Chayeon with a smile.


 

“Kwon Eunbi, Nice to meet you,” Eunbi said and Chaeyeon knew that finally, she can have a friend.



 

“The pleasure is mine,” Chaeyeon said with a smile



 

The two of them became friends after that. Always with each other throughout the day and texting each other at night. They became close friends, to best friends. They spend their days being with each other’s company ad when they have problems, thay will be there for each other.




 

But when their freshman year was about to end. Chaeyoen starts to avoid Eunbi. Eunbi felt sad when Chaeyeon didn’t sit beside her anymore in class and when she tries to ask Chaeyeon for them to have lunch together, Chaeyeon will just walk away. Eunbi was sad because her friend is not paying attention to her anymore. It’s like Eunbi doesn’t know Chayeeon anymore at this moment.




 

Eunbi was just lying her head on her desk and looking at the space during class when she felt her phone vibrated. She opened it under the table and she immediately stood up after she read the text.

 

“Miss, Kwon, what is the matter?” her professor said and all her classmates’ attention are all on her, including Chaeyeon.

 

“Sir, my mom was on the hospital because she was involved in an accident” Eunbi said as tears starts to fall from her eyes.


 

“Oh, then go, Miss Kwon. You are excused on class” her professor said with a worried face. She doesn’t know how to handle his student’s feelings that is why she just let Eunbi go to the hospital.


 

Eunbi then nodded her head and grabbed her bag, she bowed to her professor and run while tears are falling on her eyes.


 

Eunbi was relieved when she found out that her mother had woken up. She had been hit by a car and thankfully, the driver immediately took her to the hospital and also covered the fees. So Eunbi’s mother had decided to forgive the driver. Eunbi doesn’t want to do that, but her mother convinced her later.


 

When her mother is already sleeping, Eunbi then fished her phone on her pocket and looked at her wallpaper, it was the photo when Chaeyeon and her on their first night out, they went to Eunbi’s favorite band concert and Chaeyeon paid for it and Eunbi enjoyed the concert.

 

Eunbi missed her best friend. She opened her mesages but the last conversation they ever had was three weeks ago, and that was before Chaeyeon started to avoid her.


 

“What is going on Chaeyeon? Why are you suddenly avoiding me?” Eunbi said sadly while looking at her wallpaper. She still hoped that Chaeyeon will come back to her old self again and comeback being friend again.


 

She then took a deep breath and tried to get some sleep.




 

It was a week after the accident of Eunbi’s mother and Eunbi is now going back to school because her mother is okay now. She was happy to see Chaeyeon again and she wanted to confront her why is she avoiding her.


 

Eunbi waited for Chaeyeon to come to school, but she never did. And so when it was their lunch break, Eunbi decide to ask the professor what happened to Chaeyeon.


 

“Excuse me sir” Eunbi said as she bowed to her professor.


 

“Oh, Miss Kwon. How is you mother now?’ he asked and Eunbi gave the professor a smile.

 

“She is doing great now, sir. My aunt also came home from province to take care of her while I am n school” Eunbi said


 

“That’s good to hear” Her professor said and then decided to ask what does she wants to ask him “Hmm. Miss Kwon, do you have any questions?”



 

Eunbi then looked at her professor and asked him what she wanted to know.


 

“Uhm. Is Chaeyeon sick? Why didn’t she went to school?” Eunbi asked, hopeful and worried


 

“Oh, that. Chaeyeon transferred to a school in Japan since yesterday. She called yesterday saying that she needs to go with her father, that’s why” her professor explained and after Eunbi heard it, she felt like she had been betrayed. She felt hurt that Chaeyeon didn’t even said goodbye to her.


 

Eunbi bowed to her professor and thanked him for giving her the news. Eunbi then walked slowly to the bathroom and locked the door once she entered the cubicle and started sobbing. Her one and only friend had left her without saying goodbye. And she felt like Chaeyeon really didn’t treat her like a friend, she felt like Chaeyeon left her while she was on the air. And she was not happy about what she feels. Because she misses Chaeyeon and it looks like she was the only one who feels that because Chaeyeon had left her. Eunbi tried contacting her best friend, but it looks like she changed her number and all her social media had been deactivated. After a month of trying to contact her best friend, she starts to be angry at Chaeyeon, thinking that ‘if you don’t want to be my friend anymore and hate me that much, fine, I’ll hate you too. I don’t want someone who left me’, and by then, she starts to hate the name Lee Chaeyeon, the one whom she once considered her best friend, became her enemy .




 

END OF FLASHBACK




 

Chaeyeon was about to stop Eunbi from walking away but she heard her secretary was calling for her.


 

So she nodded her head once her secretary told her that she needs to attend the meeting immediately.


 

Chaeyeon returned to the auditorium and talked to the host privately.



 

“What is it, Miss Lee?” the host asked


 

“About the book. Take the last offer earlier, if you don’t, you can double that up. I’ll pay for it. But give the item to the other bidder. Don’t mention that I paid for it” Chaeyeon said and immediately went out of the office without waiting what the host will say.




 

Eunbi waited for the bidding to start again. She was determined to get the book, but the host called her privately and she was nervous what this is all about.

 

Eunbi was uncomfortable as she entered the room. And she doesn’t even know the reason for the host to call her here.


 

“Miss Kwon, Take a seat please” The host said and Eunbi smiled awkwardly. She sad on the chair in front of the chair of the host.


 

“Thank you. Uhm, why did you called for me?” Eunbi asked and the host later then fished something on the box.


 

“Here you go” the host said as she hands the limited edition book to Eunbi. Eunbi’s eyes widen in surprise.


 

“W-why are you giving me the book so suddenly?” Eunbi asked, still not accepting the book.

 

“Well, uhm,” The host said, trying to find answers but he can’t just said that Lee Chaeyeon already paid for it. So she decided to say whatever he can say at the moment. “Well. Just accept it, Miss Kwon. I still have another auction to host so please, take it” the host said as he forced Eunbi to accept the book. After that, the host immediately pushed Eunbi lightly so that she can get out of the room. The host doesn’t want to answer any more questions so he did his best to send Eunbi away. Before Eunbi could say anything, she heard the banging of the door which had just been closed. She faced the door in front of her and then looked at the limited book on her hand.

 

She felt happiness rush through her body as she looked at the book. She doesn’t care about what happened. And she doesn’t want to question the host anymore why is he suddenly giving the book to Eunbi because she thinks that of she did, the offer will be disappeared. Eunbi smiled from ear to ear and bowed to the door as she shouts thank you to the host.



 

Eunbi puts the book on her purse and fished her phone. She then dialed someone and walk to the exit of the building.


 

“Hello, Ma’am. Good day to you” Eunbi greeted as she smiled through the phone call


 

“Yes, I am on my way” Eunbi said after hearing what the caller have to say.

 

Eunbi bid goodbye to the caller and immediately ran to the door outside of the building.


 

But she stopped when she look outside. It was raining hard. And she needs to go to her meeting with her employee.


 

“Why did it have to rain now?” Eunbi said irritated, but she just put her purse on top of her head and starts to run to get a taxi.


 

Eunbi had just took 5 steps when she felt that she is no longer getting wet on the rain. So she stopped and looked behind her. There she saw someone was holding an umbrella for her. The worst part is that the one who is holding the umbrella is getting wet. So Eunbi immediately held the hand of the one who is holding the umbrella as she took a step closer to the holder of the umbrella. They are now in close proximity with the raindrops on the umbrella can be heard.


 

“Hi!” the girl who holds the umbrella for Eunbi had greeted.


 

“Kkura-ah, it’s been so long” Eunbi said as she smiled to the girl in front of her.

 

“Hello Eunbi Unnie” the pink haired girl in front of her said, the smile on her lips are still there.


 

It was obvious that Eunbi was happy that she met Sakura right now because Sakura had become an important part of her life. She was one of her friends back then who comforted Sakura for years before she came back to Japan. So Sakura was indeed happy to see Sakura right at this moment.







 

FLASHBACK


 

It had been 3 weeks when Chaeyeon left Eunbi. Eunbi was on the bus and she just woke up. There she saw someone who was also sleeping, she saw a short haired girl who was leaning her head on Eunbi’s shoulder.


 

Eunbi had become uncomfortable at this sudden interaction with a girl whom she doesn’t even know. So she decided to wake the girl up.



 

“Excuse me” she said as she shakes her shoulder lightly, causing the sleeping girl to wake up.


 

“You were uhm, sleeping on my shoulder earlier. Sorry for waking you up though” Eunbi said to the girl

 

“I’m so sorry about that” was the only thing that the girl could say. She was just looking down. It was evident on her face that she looks tired and she looks like she is going through something.

 

So Eunbi decided to ask what is wrong.


 

“Uhm, Miss. Is there anything that is going on?” Eunbi asked the short haired girl when she noticed that she was about to cry.


 

The girl just starts to sob and Eunbi got worried. SO she immediately hugged the girl in front of her. The short haired girl looks like she was in pain and was going on through something. S Eunbi did what she can, and that is to comfort the girl beside her.





 

After a few more minutes, the short haired girl had calmed down and thanked Eunbi for comforting her.

 

The short haired girl cried because her mother died three days ago and she misses her mom. That’s why she looks sad. Eunbi was glad she could help the short girl.


 

“Thank you again, for comforting me, uhm?” the short haired girl asking for EUnbi’s name.


 

“Eunbi. I’m Kwon Eunbi” Eunbi said as she smiled and the short haired girl decided to introduce herself too.

 

“I’m Sakura” the short haired girl said with a smile.

 


Eunbi knows that her destination had been passed and that she needs to wait another round till she get home. But it was worth it because she gets to find another friend. Sakura had asked for her number and it was strange to say that even though she just met Sakura, she felt very comfortable.


 

Both of them had become friends and they often meet each other. Sakura had always been there every time Eunbi had thinks of Chaeyeon. And Eunbi was in help to comfort Sakura everytime she misses her mom. Both of them became an important friend to comfort each other in time of need.


 

Even though the both of them had been friends, there is an unavoidable thing that will happen. Sure, Eunbi is happy that she gets to meet Sakura, but she got sad once Sakura todher that she needs to go back to Japan because she needs to practice being in the office and manage to work. Eunbi understood, she is thankful that Sakura told her that she needs to go. But of course, she is sad. Sakura promised that she will tell Eunbi once she will come back and also told her that if she doesn’t replied to the message, that means she is busy. Eunbi was glad that Sakura is telling her all this. So right now. She is thankful that she met Sakura.



 

END OF FLASHBACK




 

The two of them are just looking at each other with a smile under the umbrella. They are indeed happy, but it was weird that they can’t even talk to each other. Thankfully, Sakura was the first one to speak up.



 

“Unnie, where are you going? Why did you walk even though it was raining” Sakura asked and Eunbi just giggled.


 

“Ah, that’s because I don’t want to be late at my meeting. I need to sell the new products of the company” Eunbi said as she opened her purse to show Sakura. The brochures are visible, and Sakura then nodded her head what Eunbi needs to do.



 

Sakura needs to go to the auction, but she decides to ditch because she wants to be with Eunbi. And so she decided to take her to where she needs to go.


 

“I can take you to your destination, Unnie” Sakura offered and Eunbi shook her head

 

“Ehy, Come-on. I don’t want to disturb you anymore. It looks like you are on your way to somewhere” Eunbi said but Sakura want to convince her.

 

“Come-on. I’m late anyways. And you’re no disturbing me. And also, we can have lunch together too after your meeting. How about that? Sounds good?” Sakura said with a hopeful eyes


 

Eunbi just looked at her wristwatch and then nodded her head. She wanted to catch up from Sakura. So she decided to accept the offer.

 

“Sure. But you sure you can wait for the meeting to end?” Eunbi asked Sakura and Sakura just nodded her head.


 

“Yeah, why not?” Sakura said and both of them smiled at each other again.


 

As they are walking to where Sakura’s car is, Sakura said something which surprises Eunbi.


 

“You sell beauty products right?” Sakura asked and Eunbi laughed



 

“You just saw the brochure earlier, there were makeup products on it. Why are you asking?” Eunbi said as she laughs


 

“You wear the makeup to yourself right?” Sakura asked and Eunbi nodded


 

“That explains it. You’re even more beautiful because of it” Sakura said and Eunbi just laughed loudly. She misses Sakura because she had always been like this. She miss her old friend Sakura.

 

Meeting Sakura had made her forget her meeting with Chaeyeon. And she was happy about that.








 

Chaeyeon was busy fixing the reports of their new game release when she heard someone knock on her office.


 

“Come in” She said and when the door opened she looked at the person who just entered and walked towards the sofa, she was very comfortable.


 

“Can you greet first after you enter and before you take your seat” Chaeyeon said while typing something on her laptop.


 

“Sorry about that” was all the girl who entered had said


 

“Have you forgotten that you are the vice president of this company, and I am the president, which means, you still need to respect me during office hours” Chaeyeon said and the girl just laughed

 

“Sorry, but I’m in no mood to be a co-worker right now. I’m in friend’s mode right now” the girl said as she sat more comfortably on the sofa


 

“Aish, why you did even dyed your hair to pink. Are you trying to be the model of our next game?” Chaeyeon said as she looked at the girl who entered the room

 

“Not such a bad idea, Chae. But you know. I think dying my hair gives me luck” the girl said with a smile. Obvious that she is really happy with the look on her eyes.


 

Chaeyeon laughed and asked the girl instead. “Yah, Kkura. Why did you say so? Is there anything that had happened today?” Chaeyeon asked and Sakura immediately nodded her head with a smile on her face.


 

“Tell you what. I just met my first love. We even had lunch together” Sakura said and Chaeyeon stopped typing on her computer



 

“Ohh, sounds lucky. Tell me what happened!” Chaeyeon said, curiosity evident on her face.


 

Sakura told her everything that happened and Chaeyeon then starts to . Sakura kind of regret telling Chaeyeon what happened today. But she was very happy that she might explode when she doesn’t tell anyone what happened today.







 

Chaeyeon insisted that she was the one to buy the groceries. Yes, she have some maid who can do it for her but she just wabt to choose ingredients and she miss cooking, that’s why on her off day today, she will be the one wo cook. When she was in high school, she doesn’t like cooking, but she changed when she met someone.

 

She was pushing her shopping cart when she saw an apple rolling down the floor towards the vegetable section. Chaeyeon hurriedly picked the apple so that it won’t get any farther and she picked it up.


 

“Aigoo, thnk you for the help, Miss” a voice of a middle aged woman can be heard. Chaeyeon was shocked to hear it because the voice sounds familiar. She knows it her. And so she lifted her head to look at the one talking.

 

“Aunt Kwon?” Chaeyeon said as she immediately smiled and the middle aged woman immediately hugged Chaeyeon.


 

“Aigoo, Chaeyeon-ah” Mrs. Kwon said as she pats Chaeyeon bck who was now crying.


 

Chaeyeon was really close to Eunbi’s mom. Whenever they have time together after school, Chaeyeon will go to their house and Mrs. Kwon will cook for their meals. And sometimes, Chaeyeon will slept overnight to the Kwon’s residence when they need to finish some projects. Chaeyeon is lucky that Mrs. Kwon treated her not just like a guest, but like her own daughter too. And Chaeyeon treated Mrs. Kwon like a mother too. She was happy she could meet her all over again.



 

The two of them broke the hug and Chaeyeon wiped her tears too while Mrs. Kwon was just smiling at the tall girl.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter