Free Love in Jeju II

A Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

The couple made the most of their few days' stay in Jeju. They spend their time cracking silly jokes here and there, sharing endless laughter, telling some random stuff, talking about their plans before and after their wedding, and expressing their love for each other. The whole Jeju vacation was solely for them and no one else. It is their moment to let their love grow even more and take another step in their relationship.

 

Unfortunately, their happy getaway trip passed so quickly that today was their last day. Seulgi was unhappy about it and kept convincing Joohyun to stay for a couple of days more. However, even though the latter was as sad as her girlfriend, she had a huge responsibility back in Seoul. The CEO promised that they would just come again next time, which Seulgi finally agreed to.

 

 

It’s already afternoon and Joohyun is sitting alone on the sand beside a tree. They had just ridden a bike earlier, and Seulgi decided to buy drinks for the both of them. While she was quietly appreciating the view of the beach, she got startled by a middle-aged woman near her who suddenly spoke out of nowhere.

 

"Aigoo, I guess another couple just shared beautiful memories here on this beautiful island."

She looked at the woman beside her and stayed mum because she was uncertain if she was the older woman she was talking to.

"Am I right?" The woman asked, her gaze fixed on the sea that was in front of them.

 

Joohyun even had to look left and right before answering.

 

"Uhh.. sorry?"

"Is it your husband or maybe a wife who made that art in your body?"

 

The raven was lost in the older woman’s random questions. She doesn’t want to be rude for not answering her questions, especially since she is a middle-aged woman, but she doesn’t know what to answer her.

 

"Hyunnie!"

 

Joohyun was once again startled, but this time it was because of Seulgi. The former was silently thanking her girlfriend for finally coming back just in time.

"Here’s your favorite, a watermelon shake!" Seulgi said with so much excitement as she gave the drink to her. Joohyun smiled and took the shake. She suddenly forgot about the woman earlier because of Seulgi’s enthusiasm and presence.

 

But little did they know that the old lady was happily observing them.

 

"Ahh. I guess you’re the one who made that red marks on her neck." The woman spoke, interrupting the two younger women.

 

The lovers made contact as they got caught off guard. Both of them got flustered, and a red tint was visible on their cheeks. Finally, Joohyun realized what the older woman was referring to earlier. She immediately hides her exposed neck by buttoning the white polo she’s wearing, and she glares at Seulgi, who is now laughing at her.

 

"Yes, I am. It looks pretty right—" Joohyun nudges Seulgi’s side. "I-I mean, she’s pretty, right?"

 

The old woman nodded and laughed at them, and Seulgi joined her, while Joohyun was still embarrassed because of what happened.

 

Joohyun and Seulgi introduced themselves to the old lady, and the latter introduced herself as well. Her name is Hyejin, and she’s actually the owner of the beach resort they are currently staying in. The three were having some light conversation when suddenly, two girls were playfully screaming while running, interrupting them.

 

"Halmoeni!" One of the girls shouted.

“Aigoo, these two kids never stopped playing around,” the old woman said as she shook her head. “I already told you two to stop running around, or you might get tripped and hurt!”

The two girls just giggled. “Harabeoji told us to call you because he needs your help.”

“Aish, that old man will never live without needing me,” Hyejin said in annoyance which made Joohyun, Seulgi, and the two girls laugh altogether.

“Ah, by the way, this is Joohyun and Seulgi. They are your unnies, and they are currently staying at our resort. Introduce yourselves to them,” said Hyejin while pushing the two girls closer to the couple.

 

The girls waved their hands and bowed to them.

 

“Hello, unnies! My name is Yu Jimin, or you can call me Jiminie. And this is Kim Minjeong, or you can call her Mijeongie, and she’s my best friend.” Jimin introduced them with full of enthusiasm in her voice.

"Hello, Jiminie and Minjeongie!" Joohyun and Seulgi happily greeted them.

"If it’s not too much, can you please look for them for a while? I’ll be back as soon as possible. These two are a little troublesome sometimes, so I’ll give you a discount the next time you go here, I promise!"

Joohyun giggled and politely accepted the favor, "Sure, no problem."

"I guess we surely need to come back here next time and avail of that discount!" Seulgi said.

 

When Hyejin already left, the two girls sat beside them. The kids are actually bringing sandcastle-building toys and have asked the two women to play with them. Joohyun agreed and followed the kids who went near the seashore to create sand castles. The three of them immediately got along well, as they were all laughing endlessly while happily building their sand castles.

 

Seulgi, on the other hand, was a few inches away from them, silently watching them adoringly.

 

Even if her girlfriend is the CEO of a well-known business company, and interacting with a lot of different people is part of her job, that doesn’t mean that Joohyun likes socializing with other people. In fact, she actually hates it and only got used to it because she had to. Joohyun has been an introverted type of person ever since. However, there’s an exception to that whenever it comes to children because growing up as an only child made her to be fond of them. She likes to talk and play with kids as she finds them adorable, pure, and innocent. It makes her heart so happy whenever she gets close to them.

 

There are a lot of things that she loves about Joohyun, and this specific trait of hers is one of them. Kids are usually funny and adorable, but they are not easy to get along with. Most kids ask questions at all times and are very talkative, hyper, and naughty. And others are shy, cautious, and usually afraid of meeting people. Therefore, bein

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter