Date

A Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah Kang Seulgi, what’s taking you so long?!” Joohyun shouted from the living room, waiting for her girlfriend for already fifteen minutes. Seulgi was usually the first one to get finish preparing and waiting for her but the tables have turned suddenly. In short, she’s not used of waiting.

 

“Give me a few minutes, Hyun!” Seulgi shouts back from their bedroom. She walks back and forth as she run her hand through her hair, looking so frustrated.

 

“The flowers should have arrived by now. Oh God, Joohyun will kill me if I didn’t come out here any time soon!”

 

She ordered a bouquet flowers to surprise Joohyun but unfortunately, it hasn’t arrived yet. She was about to call the flower shop where she ordered the flowers when she heard the doorbell. She dashed out from their room and she saw Joohyun was on her way to open the door.

 

“Hyunnie!”

“What?” Joohyun stopped from walking and she glared at her.

“I-I uhm, I can’t find the other pair of my foot socks, c-can you please find it for me?” Seulgi reasoned.

Joohyun furrowed her eyebrows, “I already waited for almost twenty minutes and now you’re asking me to find your sock? Is that the reason why you’re taking so long?” she asked, feeling so irritated.

 

Seulgi gulped at the sight of her furious girlfriend before nodding.

 

Joohyun groaned, “Unbelievable. There’s someone outside, you go open the door and I’ll find that damn foot sock of yours so that we can leave already.”

 

As Joohyun walked passed her, she rushed to the door and opened it with so much excitement. She was then greeted by a man with a bouquet of purple tulips in his hand.

 

“G-good Day, uhm, Miss Kang Seulgi?” the man greeted her nervously. “I am so sorry I delivered it a little bit late. I am a new delivery man so I am still confused with the routes. But, here are your flowers, Ma’am.”

Seulgi gently took the bouquet, “Is that so? It’s okay at least you arrived before my girlfriend killed me,” she chuckled before smelling the flowers.

“Oh, it’s for your girlfriend?”

 

She was about to answer but she was interrupted by a shouting Joohyun calling for her name.

 

“Now I get it what you are saying, Ma’am,” both of them laughed. “Well, I’ll be going now before she could come here and kill you, Ma’am. I am sorry again for the delivery delay. But I am sure that she will love those flowers,” the man smiled politely and bowed at her. He was about to take his leave but Seulgi stopped him.

“W-wait! Here, take this,” SeuIgi handed some money to the man as a tip. “I know you still did your best to deliver these flowers on time despite of the struggle of being new to your job.”

“Oh. Thank you, Ma’am. I promise I’ll become better next time. I hope you enjoy the day with your girlfriend, Ma’am!”

 

The man bowed once again and Seulgi did the same. She closed the door and she heard Joohyun’s footsteps behind her.

“Seulgi!”

 

She took a deep breath before facing her lover with a cheeky smile with eyes turning into crescents.

 

“To my girlfriend who looks so beautiful even if she’s mad at me,” she paused and giggled at the sight of frozen Joohyun who is just looking at the flowers with a visible of slight red tint at her cheeks. She figured that she just caught her off guard so she took Joohyun’s hands and she handed the bouquet of flowers to her.

 

“Flowers for you, Hyun!” she grinned as she knows that her plan surprising Joohyun with her favorite flowers was still successful even if it got delayed.

 

Joohyun shyly accepted the flowers. She looked at each and one of the tulips carefully with a sweet smile that is starting to form on her lips. Obviously, she didn’t expect this. She placed her nose above it, smelling the fragrance of the tulips before turning her attention back to Seulgi. She didn’t waste any seconds, she immediately moved closer and tiptoed to peck her cheek.

 

Now, it was Seulgi’s cheeks that turned red.

 

“T-Thank you, Seul,” Joohyun looked at her with love. She was surprised by what Seulgi did just now. She can’t believe that she was upset at her girlfriend a few minutes ago, but now her heart is fluttered and butterflies are present in her stomach because of her girlfriend’s simple but sweet gesture. Up until now, she was still amazed how Seulgi can still give those feelings to her. Seulgi was so consistent in making her feel loved and important. She appreciated it so much even if Seulgi do it in the simplest way since Joohyun is a woman of actions. She would always prefer actions than words and Seulgi knows that.

 

“That’s the real reason why I am taking so long. I planned to surprise you with that before we start our date but it was delivered a little bit late. It’s not actually about my missing foot sock. Sorry hehe,” Seulgi smiled cutely while scratching her nape.

 

Joohyun just smiled at her and poked her nose. “Well you’re lucky that I actually wanted to buy these exact flowers today but  then you surprised me with these so you’re forgiven,” she chuckled then she hugged her. Seulgi was a little bit surprised but she hugged her back. She then realized that this is one of Joohyun’s ways of saying thank you so she kissed the top of her head as an acknowledgement.

 

“I guess we’re ready to go now, are we? Let me just wear my shoes then we’re finally leaving,” Seulgi said while gently brushing the raven’s hair.

Joohyun look up to her, “Okay, I’ll just transfer these flowers in the vase while waiting for you,” she paused and added, “Again.”

Seulgi laughed at her. “I’ll be done in few minutes, I promise,” she kissed Joohyun’s nose first before she finally break their embrace and headed to their bedroom.

 

Joohyun carefully transferred the flowers into the glass vase. She was smiling so wide while filling the vase with water and arranging it. She decided to put it on the center of their empty kitchen table and she took a photo with it. Their date hasn’t started yet, but she felt so happy already. She thinks that the whole week full of stress and exhaustion from work was suddenly wiped out. But she knows after this, she will be on hell again so she wants them to spend the rest of the day happily.

 

--

 

“Seulgi-yah, I can’t choose with these two fabric softener. Which do you prefer?”

 

As Joohyun’s request, they’re currently at the mall’s supermarket to buy some groceries and of course, to buy her a new fabric softener. It may be sound ridiculous to others but for Joohyun, this is already a date for her. Maybe because she loves doing groceries and having Seulgi with her makes it a perfect a combination. She doesn’t actually care about the place or what they’re doing, even if they just sat at a bench in the park while watching kids playing happily or telling each others’ nonsense stories— she’s already contented as long as she’s with Seulgi.

 

In the same ways as Joohyun, Seulgi is also contented as long as she makes Joohyun happy and she’s spending time with her. She will not deny that she used to be one of the people who think that this kind of date is lame and unexciting since she’s actually the type of person who likes intense activities. Not until she started dating Bae Joohyun and decided to live together. She slowly learned to like and love these kind of Joohyun’s dates. She realized that sometimes, it’s not actually the place or activity that makes the moment memorable, it’s actually the person who you’re with that makes the moment special.

 

Joohyun let her smell the purple fabric softener first and then the orange fabric softener.

 

“Hmm, I think I prefer this orange one, it has a citrus scent.”

“But I prefer this purple here, it has a lavender scent,” Joohyun whined as they chose different fabric softeners.

“You asked for my opinion, Hyun,” she chuckled, “You know I always prefer the scent of citrus that’s why I said I like this orange one. Why did you even asked for my opinion if we both know you prefer lavender scents?” she asked sarcastically and received a slap from Joohyun.

 

“This is a different brand from what we’re currently using and the fragrance of this one is just exactly what I want, not too strong and not too weak.”

“Okay, so let’s buy two of that then.” Seulgi was about to return the orange one and get an another purple fabric softener but Joohyun stopped her.

“No. Can we buy one of this purple and one of that orange fabric softener?”

Seulgi looked at her confusedly, “Huh? Why?”

“I-I also like that because it has the same scent of your perfumes and it reminds me of you,” Joohyun answered with a pout.

“Oh. Okay, let’s buy one of each then. And stop pouting now or else I’ll kiss you right here and right now,” she threatened.

 

Joohyun stopped pouting after hearing that. She grabbed the orange fabric softener that Seulgi’s holding and she immediately put them to their cart and started to push it, leaving her girlfriend alone. And Seulgi just laughed at her, she knows that Joohyun isn’t a fan of public display of affection except from holding hands or clinging into her arms. But she will be the clingiest and most affectionate person whenever they are alone or when they’re surrounded by the people she’s comfortable with.

 

--

 

“Hyunnie, I’ll put these plastic bags in the car first. Can you buy the tickets and snacks while waiting for me?”

“Okay. What movie do you want to watch?”

“You know I’ll choose a horror movie but we both know you don’t like those kinds of movies so you can choose anything you want to watch,” Seulgi chuckled.

“But—”

“I’ll be fine with a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter