Planning

A Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

A/N: Since this is just a fictional story, let’s just pretend that same- marriage is already legal in South Korea.

Hoping that this will finally happen in reality though…

 

 

 

 

 

Joohyun and Seulgi agreed to get married within the year. So as soon as they came back to Seoul after their vacation in Jeju, the former did not waste time asking her best friend/assistant, Sooyoung, to look for and call a wedding planner and coordinator.

 

As much as possible, both Joohyun and Seulgi didn’t want their wedding to be extravagant. They wanted it to be simple yet memorable with their few important guests, such as their families, friends, and a few of their relatives. Therefore, planning their wedding wasn’t that stressful for them, even though they were both busy with their work, especially Joohyun. With the help of their wedding planner, they are able to decide about their wedding date, venue, invitations, guest lists, wedding cake, flowers, and so on in just a few months.

 

Almost everything was settled aside from their wedding gowns and wedding rings.

 

This is why the two are on their way to meet their wedding planner and the couture designer to do some fitting today.

"You know, I dreamt of you last night, walking in the aisle with your white gown while holding a bouquet," Seulgi said as they walked to the entrance of couture building. "You were so beautiful that I cried in my dream while watching you walk."

"I guess you've been looking forward to this the most that you’ve dreamt of me, huh?"

"Absolutely. This is my most anticipated part of planning our wedding."

"Really? I thought the food tasting we did two weeks ago was your most awaited part?" Joohyun chuckles mischievously.

"Hey, i-it’s not!" Seulgi stuttered, which made Joohyun let out a hearty laugh.

 

 

The two took turns choosing their gowns because Seulgi said there would be no thrill if they already seen what dress they would wear for their wedding. At first, Joohyun was against the idea but still agreed after lots of convincing. Seulgi waited in the lobby and let her fiancée do it first.

 

 

Joohyun took a lot of time choosing the right gown for her. All of the dresses were so beautiful that she couldn’t decide what to wear; this is the reason why she was against Seulgi’s idea earlier. After two hours of picking, thanks to the help of the designer and their assistants, Joohyun was finally decided on the perfect dress for her. She chooses the long white off-the-shoulder gown that shows off her defined collar bones and sharp shoulder blades. Her gown has a distinct feathery design on the chest and down to the bottom, adding texture and elegance to the dress. It is also a column dress that fits every curve of her body and matches her long, straight, silky hair.

 

On the other hand, since Seulgi is an architect and has a more sensible fashion sense than Joohyun, she already had in mind what kind of gown she wanted. So, when it was her turn, she only took less than an hour to choose her dress. She was so happy when she saw the gown; it almost looked like what she had imagined. Seulgi chose a simple long white sleeved gown, but it is backless, which displays her flawless and toned back. Her gown is also a column dress that tightly hugs her body that flaunts her perfect body proportions, and makes her even taller.

 

 

After their wedding fitting, they went straight to a jewelry store to look for their wedding bands.

 

 

When they arrived at the jewelry store, Joohyun suddenly remembered the time she had saw Seulgi go to a jewelry store and buy a necklace. She actually totally forgot about it because, after their vacation, they immediately planned their wedding. So, until now, it was still a mystery for her what and why her girlfriend bought jewelry. She hasn’t seen Seulgi wear a new necklace, and it wasn’t for her wedding proposal like Joohyun and their friends assumed either. The raven was zoning out while thinking about it, so she didn’t notice that Seulgi had been calling her multiple times already.

"Hey, Hyun? Are you alright?" Seulgi slightly tapped Joohyun’s cheeks and finally got a response from the woman.

"Y-yeah, I am fine. I’m sorry, I just r-remembered something," Joohyun looked at Seulgi’s concerned eyes and hesitated whether she'd ask her right now or not. The latter waited patiently for her to continue what she was saying.

"I-I think I forgot to sign the documents that Sooyoung told me y-yesterday." The raven reasoned out. Seulgi isn’t the type of person who lies, so she’s kind of nervous to know the truth. She doesn’t want to think that Seulgi lied to give it to other woman, because they’re getting married soon, and they are currently choosing their wedding rings.

"Are you sure?" The monolid asked worriedly.

"Yes, Seul," Joohyun reassured her and tries to divert her attention. "Did you find something already?"

"Ah, yeah, that’s why I was actually calling you earlier."

 

The younger still subtly checks on her girlfriend from time to time. But the older woman seemed fine, and it didn’t happen again afterward. They continued to choose their wedding rings. Seulgi showed her some of the bands she had chosen, and Joohyun liked one of them. It was the 1895 yellow gold Cartier wedding band that has a brilliant-cut diamond on it. They also wanted their initials to be engraved on the ring to make it special.

 

 

Finally, they are done with their plans for today. Seulgi got pretty hungry after all they had done since early in the morning. The bear’s stomach was rumbling endlessly earlier, so they went to a restaurant right after they finished and ate their lunch.

 

And since they finished earlier than they expected, Joohyun didn’t want to waste the remaining time they had today. So, Seulgi suggested buying some ice cream to relieve the stress they got from all their agenda earlier and walk around the area before they go home, which the older woman loved the idea.

 

The couple left the ice cream shop after they bought their ice cream. They were happy walking hand in hand while eating their ice cream in a cone. While they are just talking about random stuff, they encountered twin kids playing in the streets. Joohyun finds them cute because of their matching outfits. She then remembered something.

"Seulgi-yah"

"Hmm?"

"When was the last time we went to an orphanage?"

"Together? I don’t know, I think more than a year ago? But, I went to an orphanage I know just last week though," Seulgi casually said while eating her ice cream.

Joohyun quirked her eyebrow at her lover’s response, "You still go to an orphanage? Without me?"

"Uhm, y-yeah?" Seulgi stuttered because she realized this was the first time she was telling this to Joohyun.

"Yah! Why are you telling me this now? How come you’re not taking me with you?" Joohyun felt betrayed after knowing this, so she slightly slapped Seulgi’s arm.

"Hey, calm down. Let me explain!" Seulgi moved away to avoid Joohyun’s small yet metal-like hand.

The raven stopped and let the monolid talk. 

"We only stopped coming to an orphanage when you started training to be the CEO of your company. You were always busy, and most of our dates always got canceled. So, I’d date myself instead and go somewhere else alone, or go to an orphanage and volunteer like we used to do."

 

Now, Joohyun feels the guilt again. Her conscience never stopped eating her until now for hurting her girlfriend.

 

How did she let Seulgi do something alone that they used to do before?

 

She really did miss a lot of things. She lowered her head and went silent after remembering what she had done back then.

 

Seulgi immediately read what was going on in her girlfriend's mind.

"Hey, it’s alright," She held Joohyun’s hand and drew circles on it with her thumb. "We can go there together if you want?"

Joohyun lifted her head slowly and looked at Seulgi with hopeful eyes. "Really?"

"Of course! I am actually dying to take you there, you know?" She beamed a smile to Joohyun. "The kids are very kind and adorable. You’re going love them!"

 

The thought of seeing and playing with children brought back the smile on Joohyun’s face.

 

"Can we go there right now?" She asked in a soft tone. "I-I mean, it is still early, and maybe we can go there now?"

"O-oh? I-I didn’t mean it to be right now, though?" Seulgi scratched her nape, and looked like she was suddenly in deep thought for a moment. "B-but, I guess we can do that." She flashed a smile, but Joohyun noticed it was a bit forced.

"Is there something wrong?"

"N-no. It’s just that I always call before I visit them, and I-I never went there empty-handed, y-you know?"

Joohyun nodded and said, "Ahh, yeah, you’re right. We should buy something for the kids and the staff." She looked around and saw bakery shops across the streets and had an idea.

"There’s a bakery shop over there! Why don’t you give them a call? Then I’ll buy some bread, pastries, and pies there!" The raven said with excitement and determination.

 

Seulgi didn’t have the heart to disagree after seeing the glowing eyes of her lover, so she doesn’t have a choice but to obey Joohyun’s instructions.

 

 

 

--

 

 

 

As soon as Joohyun and Seulgi arrived at the entrance of the building of the orphan, the latter got mobbed by the children.

 

"Seulgi unnie!"

 

They kept shouting and coming to her. Seulgi almost stumbled because of them, wanting to get close to her. She was like a celebrity to them.

 

"Hey, calm down, kiddos! I missed you all a lot too!" She smiled, her eyes turning into crescents, trying to acknowledge them all.

 

On the other hand, Joohyun was pushed aside and ignored. She couldn’t blame the kids, though, since this would be their first meeting after all. She just chuckled at the sight of her poor girlfriend.

 

"Okay, kids, please behave for a while. I want to meet you, someone." She looked behind her and stretched her arm for Joohyun to reach. She intertwined their hands and introduced her girlfriend.

"Kids, this is Bae Joohyun, my girlf—"

"She’s Joohyun unnie?!?" Most of the kids gasp and shouted, startling Joohyun.

 

After knowing who the beautiful stranger holding their Seulgi unnie’s hands is, the children started going crazy because of her and ran towards her.

 

This time, Seulgi was the one who got pushed aside by the little people. They’re in awe to see another beautiful woman aside from their Seulgi unnie.

 

The older woman got too excited. She knelt and welcomed the kids with open arms. They are too adorable for her not to hug them one by one and know their names. One of the kids even cupped Joohyun's face, trying to examine the woman with a closer look. Joohyun just let them be.

 

"Woah, you really are pretty! Just what Seulgi unnie describes!"

“She smells so good too!”

“And she really looked like a bunny!”

“She’s prettier in person than in those photos Seulgi unnie showed us!”

 

And the compliment continues.

 

“Seulgi told you things about me, huh? “She grinned. “What else did she say to all of you?”

“She also told us you’re very strict and can be scary sometimes!” One of the kids bluntly revealed.

“Really?” Joohyun looked at Seulgi’s direction, but the latter just avoided her gaze and focused on the children.

“Y-yah!” Seulgi butted in and put her index finger between her lips, “I thought that’s our secret?”

 

All of the kids just laughed at her, including Joohyun.

 

 

The children led the couple inside. Seulgi introduced Joohyun to every staff member who greeted them. She also toured the latter inside the orphanage and told her some information about it, like when and how the foundation was created. Once they reached the mini playground, they saw a woman playing with a girl at one of the tables.

"Good afternoon, Ms. Kang," the woman smiled softly at Seulgi and bowed. The little girl she’s playing with got frightened and went behind the woman after seeing Joohyun.

"Good afternoon, Ms. I." Seulgi greeted her back with the same tone, eyes in crescents. "Your staff told me you were not here when I called."

"Yes. But I got informed that you are coming, so I went immediately here to, you know, accommodate the top donor of this foundation." Ms. I raise her eyebrows up and down, and they both laugh together.

"By the way, Hyun, this is Ms. I, the founder of this beautiful foundation, the angel that saved and gave hope to those children."

Ms. I chuckled at how Seulgi introduced her, "Th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter