Thought

A Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun is still in her office doing some paper works. She was staying late in there these past few days. She looked at the wall clock and saw that it’s almost ten in the evening. She checked her phone if Seulgi is still awake and waiting for her, but there were no messages from her partner, so she thought that she fell asleep again on their couch while waiting for her to come home.

 

She sighed at the thought.

 

She already informed her girlfriend earlier that she will be coming home late again because of her work. Seulgi always insists to wait for her or fetch her, but she always refuses. She knows that her partner is also tired from work, so she doesn’t want to be a burden to her.

 

Joohyun was startled when someone suddenly knocked at her office door and it opened.

 

“What are you doing here? I thought you’re already sleeping?”

“And here I thought you’re working?” Seulgi replied while closing the door and eyed at Joohyun’s phone.

“I was. I just checked if there were messages from you and there’s none that’s why I thought you’re sleeping already.”

“Well, I can’t sleep properly these past few days because I miss my girlfriend. She’s been spending most of her time in her office instead of spending time with me,” Seulgi said while pouting.

 

Joohyun felt guilty. She also misses her but she wants to finish all her works first so that she can spend her time with Seulgi without any interruption. She walked towards her and hugged her tight. She missed her girlfriend’s warmth and scent. She misses everything about Seulgi rather.

 

“I’m so sorry. You know that I miss you too, right? I just wanted to finish those paper works already that is why I’m staying late here. I’m sorry if I am always been busy with wor—” she was cut by Seulgi.

“Hey, hey stop now. I am just kidding and I understand that you need to finish all of that. I know you just want to spend your time with me in peace after, without your work interrupting our time.”

 

Joohyun felt like she just melted from her girlfriend’s embrace and words. She was so grateful to have an understanding partner, a partner like Kang Seulgi.

 

“I am your girlfriend for three years and a half now, Hyun. All the things I did were worth it,” Seulgi smiled at her lovingly. “Because you’re worth it, Bae Joohyun,” she kissed her temple.

Joohyun smiled back and pecked her lips, “Thank you, Seul. Thank you.”

“By the way, did you eat dinner?”

“I-I did,” Joohyun stuttered and Seulgi sense that she’s lying.

“Uhuh and what did you ate?”

“I-I uhm-”

“Joohyun,” Seulgi said in a low tone.

“I know, I’m sorry, okay? I don’t have time to go out and order some food. I wanted to finish my work early so that I can come home that you’re still awake.”

Seulgi just sighed, “Okay, I already expected that though. I bought some of your favorite foods to eat. Eat these first before you go back to your work.”

“But—”

“No buts, Bae Joohyun. You will eat first.”

“Okay, but what about you? Did you eat already?”

“I was about to ask you to eat dinner somewhere before you texted me. So I just ordered some to take out and go here to have dinner with you,” Seulgi grinned while showing some plastic bags.

Joohyun smiled and pinched Seulgi’s cheeks, “Aren’t you the sweetest?”

 

After they ate, Joohyun decided that she will just take her unfinished works and continue it at their home so that Seulgi can already take a rest.

 

--

 

Seulgi just got done taking a shower when she saw her girlfriend lying on their bed with her laptop on her lap. Seeing her girlfriend looking at the laptop screen with her furrowed eyebrows, it makes her think that how can someone be adorable and hot at the same time while being so serious.

 

“Stop staring at me, you look like a creep there, smiling like an idiot,” Joohyun said without leaving her eyes on the screen.

“I just find you beautiful even if you look so damn serious,” Seulgi replied. “And for your information there’s no creep or idiot who looks attractive as me though.”

 

Joohyun chuckled at her antics. She then threw a pillow to her girlfriend but she was able to dodge. The latter laughed while grabbing the pillow and lie down beside her busy girlfriend. She kissed her cheeks and wrapped her hands around Joohyun’s slim waist.

 

“You’re still not done?”

“I’m done. Just checking some emails”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter