Let's Fix This

A Gift
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Minutes had already passed since they had agreed to talk, but none of them dared to speak. Joohyun sat at the corner side of her office couch while Seulgi sat on another side, leaving a space gap between them. The former sat with her legs crossed and just stared blankly at the floor. While the latter was unmindfully playing with the hem of her shirt— both were thinking about how they would start the conversation.

 

 

The older woman finally decides to be the one to break the awkward silence and atmosphere surrounding them as the silence was too deafening for her to bear.

 

 

“K-Kang Seulgi…” she mumbles, her gaze still fixed on the floor.

 

 

It was almost just a whisper, but it still made Seulgi startle a little. She glances at the woman beside her and hums in response.

 

 

“You know that I love you, right?”

 

 

Seulgi doesn’t know where the unexpected question was coming from as she was having a hard time reading Joohyun right now, but she still answered it anyway.

 

 

“Of course…”

 

 

The raven wasn’t looking in her direction, but she could see her through her peripheral eyes. She saw how Seulgi smiled a little as she answered, and it somehow brought relief to the CEO.

 

 

 

“And you know that I also love you, too, right?”

 

 

 

This time, Joohyun finally glances back at Seulgi. She looked directly at the latter’s eyes and saw how they mirrored her own orbs— there’s pain, sadness, and longing that were evident in both sets of eyes.

 

It aches her heart for causing those mixed emotions on her lover’s beautiful eyes when all she wanted to do was to always make those monolid eyes turn into crescents. She bites her lower lip, suppressing the tears that were starting to form.

 

 

“Of course, Seul,” Joohyun smiled faintly.

 

 

 

The couple didn’t know how it happened; they just found themselves in each others’ arms right after that. They’re like magnets that attract and hold one another as if their life depends on it. Seulgi gently yet protectively wrapped her slender arms around Joohyun’s waist while the older woman comfortably placed her head on the former’s chest. The silence was heard once again, but they were both comfortable with it this time. They stay in their position a little longer, letting themselves drown in the warm embrace.

 

 

“I’m sorry if I wasn’t able to arrive on time on our anniversary just like how I promised.” The younger didn’t talk just yet. She wanted to hear the older woman’s side first because she knows this is what they needed the most— to have a talk and hear each others’ explanations. Even though Seulgi was still hurting from everything that Joohyun did, she set aside her emotions for a while now and just listened carefully to the raven. The pain she’s feeling and the questions in her mind will not vanish if she will not let the other to explain. She was somehow glad that they were finally doing what they should’ve done from the very start. But, it’s still not too late to fix everything because she knows Joohyun wants to fix their relationship as much as she does.

 

“And I am sorry too for threatening you that night before you left. I wasn’t in my right mind at that time, and I didn’t mean any words that I said. I only said those words because I-I thought that would stop you from leaving.”

 

 

Joohyun weakly apologizes to Seulgi. She clutches tighter to the latter, hiding as she was too embarrassed doing those things to the latter. She’s older than Seulgi, yet she’s the one who’s acting immature and being impulsive between them. She let her emotions eat her that instead of trying to fix their relationship, she even made their situation worst. If only Seulgi isn’t so understanding and patient to her, she’s hundred percent sure they wouldn’t last this long. That’s when Joohyun knows that no man or woman could ever handle her better than Seulgi because no one can compare how that woman takes care of her very well. Even though she didn’t mean to, she knows she was so wrong for taking that for granted and pushing her partner to her limits— almost losing the love of her life. Seulgi is still human after all, and she deserves to be taken care of and be loved by her girlfriend just like what she’s doing to Joohyun. And Joohyun is more than willing to take accountability for everything she caused. She didn’t want to make another promise to Seulgi, so she just made a promise to herself instead that she would learn from this lesson and make sure to become a better partner for Seulgi.

 

Joohyun continued to talk and explain why she was not able to fulfill her promises.

 

The celebration that Joohyun had attended with her parents in their main branch in Daegu was actually her Dad’s announcement of stepping down as the CEO. The raven was waiting to finish his speech that time before she could leave the party when Jiwoo suddenly called her to go on the stage platform together with her mother. And right there, her father officially announced and introduced Joohyun to the whole company as the new CEO. The announcement was also unpublicized in the media, just in their company. That is why Seulgi and their friends didn't have a single idea why Joohyun didn’t make it to their anniversary. Their friends only knew about it when Sooyoung told them that Joohyun had asked her to be her secretary. And why Seulgi was only finding out this just now.

 

Joohyun’s parents planned to surprise their daughter because they knew what was the actual reason of Joohyun and why she was even doing this in the first place. They thought she would be happy about the news but, instead, she got mad at her parents because of that sudden announcement. If only she knew their plan, she wouldn't make a promise to Seulgi and explain it to her ahead of time. Also, she wasn’t even that confident to run their business since handling a big company isn't a piece of cake. But, her father assures her that he will still guide her. Joohyun had been under training and studied a lot to fit for this role for more than half a year, and Jiwoo thinks that would be enough preparation. He believes that Joohyun is ready and she would learn better now if she is actually running their company.

 

Seulgi caresses Joohyun’s head. “So that explains why your Mom was apologizing to me when I met her this morning?”

Joohyun looked up at Seulgi with creased eyebrows. “Huh? You met Mom earlier?”

“Yes. I was supposed to apologize and clarify that I left not because—” Seulgi abruptly stops talking right after she realized she almost slipped her tongue. She almost spilled to Joohyun that she actually had talked to her parents about her plan to marry their daughter months ago— that she wanted to clarify to her parents that she didn’t left because she would not be marrying their daughter anymore. Of course, even though something came up with their relationship, her mind didn’t change on wanting to marry Joohyun.

 

 

After her two weeks of being away from the older woman actually proves p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter